Lee PrecisionWidenersTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication

Thread: 10mm / .40s&w 125gr HP

Boolit Master

10mm / .40s&w 125gr HP

Anyone interested in this? I have a shallow and a deep hp already drawn up but I was thinking about doing this one with a medium penta, and a big deep gaping round that I haven't drawn yet. Depends on what you guys want. The solid RFN is 135-140gr. The big deep hp would remove 15gr.

It's the same nose profile as the 200gr WFN I did. Just a shorter base.

Last edited by Oreo; 02-22-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Boolit Master
    I'm in!!!
    See Some of My Holster Work Here:
    www.whitetigerleatherworks.com

Boolit Buddy
    I'm in...

Boolit Master
    Any thoughts on the design? Should it be a gas check design if you plan on pushing this one real fast? At 125gr some smokin speeds ought to be possible if the boolit will hold up in the barrel.

Boolit Master
    The main problem is depth of penetration. You can be running 1650 at the muzzle from a 10mm Auto, but how deeply will the lightweight bullet penetrate? Will it stop short of it's goal? The lighter the bullet, the greater the concern.

Scott

Boolit Master
    I'm thinking this is a water jug / varmint boolit so penetration isn't really a concern. I've got the 200gr / 180gr molds for penetration.

Boolit Master
    Agree this is a fun boolit nit a super serious one
    See Some of My Holster Work Here:
    www.whitetigerleatherworks.com

Boolit Master

Will keep an eye on this one, might be a fun one to shoot.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Boolit Master
    Its a fun one but as I said to Harley45 in a pm, I'm intentionally doing some different hp pin designs with this which should be reverse compatible with the 200gr/180gr molds. Its like a bonus for participating in both buys.

Boolit Master
    I can't believe there isn't more interest in this one. We need 15 to get it on Miha's schedule. If anyone wants a design change please speak up.

Boolit Buddy
    I think I'd be interested. Make it a 4 cavity for sure.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
    I can't believe there isn't more interest in this one. We need 15 to get it on Miha's schedule. If anyone wants a design change please speak up.
    Well you asked, tumble lube boolit?
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Boolit Buddy
    Then one is tempting for sure but I'm holding out for one that falls somewhere between 140g and 160g area first.
    Compromise is giving up something you are unwilling to fight for! ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ www.concealedcarryofarkansas.com

Boolit Master
    Well which one do you want? 140, 150, or 160? And is there enough interest to support it (15 minimum)? Because I have a 160 already drawn up with the same nose profile. Its easy to adjust the driving band widths to make a particular weight. (Calculating adjustments to the nose is the hard part.)

Boolit Buddy
    My first preference is a 160g HP If it was the same similar profile as the last one you did (180g hp) would be icing on the cake. That is by far my favorite Mihec mold to date. Sorry, I didn't want to hijack this thread. Just wanted to let you know that I'm watching what is out there for the .40/10mm guns. The 180g hp is the most accurate and reliable I've used to date. I'd just like to get a bit more speed out of the round. Your long Hp design seems to work very well. And for some reason the last mold was up and running without a single hiccup or stumble. The only thing I might change is making the demarcation between the top drive band and the start of the nose profile maybe .001 farther in providing a more pronounced demarcation between the two. But I am by no means a boolit designer. I'll go back to watching now. Carry on...
    Compromise is giving up something you are unwilling to fight for! ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ www.concealedcarryofarkansas.com

Boolit Master
    Ozark, I very much value your input and everyone's as well. If you want to talk about design ideas this is the place. Lets do it.

I'll start a thread about a 160gr, same nose profile and lets see what kind of support we get. Stand by... (eta- its done & posted.http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=187541)
    Last edited by Oreo; 03-02-2013 at 01:38 AM.

Boolit Bub
    I am probably in for any of them. I really enjoy the 40 and the 10 both.
    Dwayne

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

I'll jump in on this one as a 4-cav 125gr HP plain base. Should make for a great plinking/varmint load.
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both
    Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
    but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln