Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2WidenersReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Load Data Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tula primers

Boolit Master
    I have used several thousand Murom manufactured Russian L/R primers and have not had any problems so far.
    ukrifleman.

Boolit Buddy
    Well into my first 10,000 SP primers with only one FTF... Fired on my second attempt. Just placed another order. The price is right at 22.00 / 1000. To compare I picked up 500 Federal SP primers at the LGS yesterday priced at 40.00 / 1000 (500 is their limit per customer).

Boolit Bub
    i have used the wolf tula and had some very early russian import primers 12 yrs ago have shot tens of thousands of them and have not had any problems, and will continue to use them

Boolit Master
    I recently ordered another sleeve of them... They are great. I swear by them. I would use them over CCI any day. I bought a sleeve of CCI once, and 1 of 3 were FTFs... I have 2-3 per thousand in the Tula or Wolfs that do this. And that is good enough for me.
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

I've been loading them into 9mm, shot maybe, 300-400 so far. Out of that many, I've had maybe 3-4 that, when trigger was pulled and the primer pierced, didn't go off. I just chambered a new one, kicked the bad one aside, and kept shooting.

I've been loading less than a year though, so it may be due in part to some error on my end of things... just my $.02

Boolit Bub
    I just loaded some for my AR and they preformed flawlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyM View Post
    I've heard internet stories of people having issue with the lead free versions.

I've poped a few Wolf primers. Get very low E.S. readings with them. LR and SR.
    I've also heard of some troubles with the lead-free versions, but has anyone had first hand experience. I don't usually like going by the "heard" stories.

I'm looking forward to this market turning around and I'll be buying a case or two of them for my 45 ACP loadings, seems to be a good primer for them, again, from things I've heard.

Boolit Bub

I've shot several thousand spp and lpp and would not hesitate to buy more, especially for $22/1000. They do fit a bit more snugly into a primer pocket than other brands and I had a few fail to ignite on the first strike which I discovered were due to not fully seating. Once I fixed my seating problem, I haven't had a single issue since!

Boolit Mold
    I was looking at the Dagammo web page and they list two types of large rifle primers, Boxer and Berdan. Can someone educate me on the difference? They mention reaming and scraping stuff to get proper seating, which makes me a little nervous. I'm relatively new at reloading having started again after a 30 year layoff. So, even at $139 for 5K I want to be sure I get the right thing. I am loading a Marlin .30/30 with cast bullets using a Lee C-type press. Any advice appreciated.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by olddaddy View Post
    I was looking at the Dagammo web page and they list two types of large rifle primers, Boxer and Berdan. Can someone educate me on the difference? They mention reaming and scraping stuff to get proper seating, which makes me a little nervous. I'm relatively new at reloading having started again after a 30 year layoff. So, even at $139 for 5K I want to be sure I get the right thing. I am loading a Marlin .30/30 with cast bullets using a Lee C-type press. Any advice appreciated.
    You want Large Rifle Boxer Primers. As for cleaning the primer pockets............the little Lee tool you got with your kit will do fine, just spin it in the primer pocket and you're good to go.

I am planning to use them in my Lee Pro 1000 Progressive I have found a site thats selling them by the case for a fair price finally

trapper, is this the site? http://www.dagammo.com/shop/index.php?main_page=page_2
    He does gunshows from Va. Beach up thru Northern VA.

Sure Is Dark Helmet

Boolit Bub
    I've used tula and cci small pistol primers for my 9mm and 9x18 reloads and have noticed no substantive difference in performance between them. All of my tula reloads have gone bang.

Boolit Buddy

I have used 35,000 in the last four years, please don't buy any---save them for me

Boolit Mold
    Never had any problems with them and the have the best prices.

Banned

id take some small pistol primers right now even if the package said Obama on them.

Boolit Bub
    I've had no usage problems with them, but they seem a bit harder to prime your cases. A little extra effort using a hand priming tool was needed. Sort of like when I use ANY type primer to prime Winchester and S&B 7.62X54R brass. Their flash holes seem to be a bit smaller than norm. I'm kind of thinking Tula primers may be a bit BIGGER than normal. Would REALLY hate to use them, a hand primer tool, and a Win/S&B case!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12