WidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gunbroker, auction arms

Banned

Gunbroker, auction arms

anything sinister we should know about wither site.

I am registered at GB and have bought and sold there a bit, but I just want to make sure there is not some sinister thing I need to know about either site, now that the ebay bridge has fallen ito the river. Do not want to be that ignorant again.

thanks
    michael

Boolit Master

I think I have bought 1 thing on each , with no problems

I have sold a bunch of guns on GunsAmerica
    But I post my price , I don't use the auction services of any of them

John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

i have bought and sold plenty of guns on Gun Broker with no problems at all.
    Nothing on Guns America, so I really cant say on that one.
    I only hope that someday I can be half the Man that my Dogs already think I am!

Boolit Buddy
    I have bought a few handguns on Auction Arms. Never a problem. I think Manny runs a good site.

Paul

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range
    A few months ago I found a Rem. 700 .243 on Guns America whos action I'm using to have a custom .22-250 Ackley extreme varminter made.

I didn't really have any interaction with GA. I simply located what I wanted, contacted the seller, made arrangements for payment and shipping to my local FFL, and inside a couple of weeks the entire deal was complete. No pain, no strain.

The rifle was advertised as having been shot a few times. When it arrived I could tell from inspection that the "few times" had been at the factory. Brand new in the box at a very reasonable price.

Regards,

Stew
    Sig file change:
    "Obi Wan Baloney"
    VOTE 2012! Throw them out! Every last one of them! (Feel free to add this to your sig. Spread the word!)

"...Get a rope." Pace Picante Sauce commercial, ca. 1984

"I (did, on several occasions) swear to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, against ALL enemies, foreign AND domestic, and to bear true faith and allegiance to the same." And when I left, they never asked me to recant.

Boolit Buddy
    I think both sites are fine from a buyer's standing, I've never sold anything on either. AA requires the seller to give a 3 day inspection period, GB does not, so ask questions and look at the seller's feedback. I've done OK on both with some nice treasures that came my way.
    Only negative that comes to mind is that some overpriced junk shows up again, and again....for years. Evidently no fees are paid until an item sells and a few sellers wait patiently for that sucker to come along. I wish all auctions were dated from the first posting so we could see how long they have been hanging there...
    Other than that, go for either one!

Manny is one of us...a longtime advocate of the shooting sports.

Auction Arms is a fine place, and now that eBay is restricting sales of gun parts, Brass, and Bullets effective 08/15/07, I hope AA picks up even more business.

Auction Arms got its start mainly when eBay banned firearms sales back in the 90's.

Manny picked up the slack and never looked back...

I've been a member for longer than I can remember.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.hensleygibbs.com

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Banned
    Thanks for the input fellas, i was mostly trying to make sure the same dipwads that run ebay did not have some interest/investment in any of the sites.

thanks again
    Michael

Boolit Master
    i sell on gunbroker, and as my inventory increases, will be on auction arms..and ??
    only accurate rifles are interesting

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    I have sold a few accessories on Auction Arms and bought a hard to find Lyman tang sight for my Remington 141. All transactions were slick as owlsnot.
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range
    I fool around a lot on Auction Arms,and it is where I will be listing stuff since EBay is going to shoot itself in the foot.
    JS

In Remebrance

I noticed years ago that Gun Broker used the exact same layout as Ebay. I asked around a bit and it was my understanding that Gun Broker WAS Ebay. Owned by the same people, it's just their dark, evil side.

Anyone have any proof to refute that?

Boolit Bub
    I buy alot of items on GunBroker and has worked out just fine and I like their 15 minute auction rule so you have a fair chance to buy something and the seller gets highest price. Auction Arms has no ending bidding rule and you can get sniped out and loss your purchase.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207 View Post
    I noticed years ago that Gun Broker used the exact same layout as Ebay. I asked around a bit and it was my understanding that Gun Broker WAS Ebay. Owned by the same people, it's just their dark, evil side.

Anyone have any proof to refute that?
    gun broker is money in atlanta(gag) ga, ebay is in san jose....someone else do some more checking.
    only accurate rifles are interesting

Boolit Master
    I do not think GB is , and here is why. A few weeks back I got a message from them (and I now wish I had not deleated it) that in effect said they didn't recomend Pay Pal because of their anti-gun stand. If affiliated with ebay why would they recomend that to its members.
    I have sold and bought on GB, I have listed some items on Ebay, the difference is that GB doesn't charge if item is not sold, Ebay charges reguardless.
    There are too many differences for them to be the same. This is my opinion, and with all opinions and a $1 you can get a cup of coffee.

Boolit Master
    No proof , but I doubt it. If it were............ Paypal (owned by ebay)wouldnt be such a PITA about guns sold there on their own site??
    NRA LIFER .. "THE CAST BULLET HANDLOADER IS THE ONLY ONE THAT REALLY MAKES ANY OF HIS AMMUNITION. OTHERS MEARLY ASSEMBLE IT". -E.H. HARRISON

----------------------
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
    Thomas Jefferson
    ------
    "Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem."
    -- Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Cool AA all the way!

I have been buying and selling in AA for years. I have never had a problem with either and most people are pretty straight up there. Yes, there are some people who post items with prices that start where you can buy the item elsewhere cheaper. If they can find a sucker then they sell the item. If you know your prices and values you can score a decent item here but you need to control yourself and set a reasonable limit price that you will pay and live with it. People can get crazy and bid a lot more than the item is worth.
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06 Springfield, 30-30 WCF, 303 Brit., 7.62x39, 7.92x57 Mauser, .32 Long, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 380 ACP. 9x19, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps. Shooting .22 LR & 12 Gauge seldom and buying ammo for same.

Monroe, Washington in the The Great Pacific NorthWet
    Similar software code is all they have in common. Just like there are only so many forum softwares. Several forums may look alike but that's about all they have in common.

Making GunBroker look like fleaBay just ensured that folks would find it easy to use. No need to learn new procedures.

I've used both GunBroker and Auction Arms with great success.
    I do admit that I find GunBroker a little easier to use and it seems to have a few more features.

Boolit Master
    I have sold some guns on GB.

I hope that they make their format easier to search, with more sub categories. Maybe this will provide enough volume to make this worthwhile.
    Founder of the Single Shot section.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have.

8 in the 10 ring, then I get a PING. Love my Garand.

Boolit Grand Master

It's been awhile but I have bought a few items on Auctionarms with no problems at all. No gun parts but odds and ends like moulds and brass! I guess I'll be visiting there more in the future. I never fould much I needed on GB but I guess they will be getting allot of new buisiness!
    Aim small, miss small!