Titan ReloadingLoad DataInline FabricationRepackbox
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Have the hoarders bought up all of the 22LR???

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Here-s a link to another forum regarding the conspiracy theories on the ammo shortage with actual letters from the manufacturers. Not somebody told a friend who had a buddy whoes uncle worked there.

http://ingunowners.com/forums/genera...responses.html

Furthermore, if the Remington yellow and/or green boxes was what was available thats the same as being out anyway.

But as I said before it makes no nevermind to me as my inventory was acquired years ago, mostly 8 to 12 years ago.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    I posted at 3:00am that natchezss.com has CCI .22 LR Tactical 40gr CPRN 375/Box @ 24.99 (limit 1) available.

Just checked and they are still available

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    Here-s a link to another forum regarding the conspiracy theories on the ammo shortage with actual letters from the manufacturers. Not somebody told a friend who had a buddy whoes uncle worked there.

http://ingunowners.com/forums/genera...responses.html

Furthermore, if the Remington yellow and/or green boxes was what was available thats the same as being out anyway.

But as I said before it makes no nevermind to me as my inventory was acquired years ago, mostly 8 to 12 years ago.
    Hmmm, maybe the guy at Remington lied. I wonder why he would say that?
    Oh well, if and when this ever blows over, I'm sure things will go back to semi-normal. I just want the primers to be more available again. It's cramping my pistol shooting! LOL!
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

Tim, I'd love to find a way to confirm that story, but I don't live there.

However, current events are reminding me more and more of an old cartoon. A king sitting on his throne, looking thoughtful, and the balloon off his head says "Sure I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?"

Things are getting a little too weird. Time for the weird to turn pro?
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Grand Master

Well, it's true I got it second hand, but my buddy is not a liar, so I believe what he told me. What I don't know, is if the guy that told him that was a fellow scientist (who I would consider trustworthy) or Jo-schmo floor sweeper.
    All I know is if a Remington employee on any level is talking like this.......
    Oh well. It just makes me wonder.
    I could see 'me getting caught with their pants down on the last election, but here we are again???
    What business runs like that?
    I would expect to see the shelves stocked with more and more steel cases and cheaper boxing etc to speed up production, but for the second election in a row, the shelves are bare? What the hey?
    I know folks are buying like there is no tomorrow, but still, this is very strange.

Not to hard to figure out with the mentality of the average American.
    Consider this for a moment.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index....aper-shortage/
    http://thelongestlistofthelongeststu.../trivia74.html

And this was only paper, I well remember it, the shelves were as bare as an ammo shelf today.

Paper towels were a life saver.

Boolit Grand Master

JCwit, that's the same link you posted earlier. Is that a mistake or a double tap? LOL!

Not on this thread did I post that. Just hammering my point down. LOL

I'm getting old and forgetful, thats my excuse, and I'm sticking to it!!!!!!!!

In Remembrance
    I am neither a hoarder nor a prepper in any exaggerated sense of those terms.
    But, I sometimes read a bit of what actual preppers say and think.

From those brief peeks into the prepper mind I get the impression that .22 rimfire ammunition is a 'stockable item' even if the individual doesn't own a .22 firearm.
    That ammo (being irreplaceable) will become like 'pocket change' in a world after The Event, and can be used to 'buy stuff'.
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Neither do I consider myself a hoarder or prepper, BUT when an item is being sold at a Super good price I stock up on it. My primers which I bought at a close out for just over $9.00 a brick, .22 plinking ammo for $5 to $7 bucks a brick. Heck I've got synthetic motor oil, Quaker State brand that I got at Menards with a rebate for free except for the cost of the stamp to mail in the rebate.

All the above may have something to do with my background of being a Purchasing Agent since the ripe old age of 14. Started doing the buying for the local hardware at that age, then moverd into the RV industry as a buyer at that time for the largest RV manufacturer in the U.S.

Being Prepared is a plus, but I seriously doubt the end is near.

Boolit Grand Master

I seriously doubt the end is near.
    Nah, we don't get off that easy LOL!

Believe as you wish, I do not aspire to that theory.

I just overstock when items are on sale, for whatever reason.

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

Well most of the time i have stock to hold me over until the panic buying is over but to tell the truth this time I am buying what i can find when I can. Hoarding yea maybe but not anymore then I think I will need to hold me until I go home or its over.
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

Boolit Buddy
    I am buying what I find, and can afford. You can say this has happened before, and it will blow over, and every other reason not to buy now, but for me, I have never seen this world in worse shape than it is now. Moral decay has taken over in force, greed and pride are ruling peoples' lives, and I personally think, this can't last. The money you that you are saving is becoming more worthless every moment, and I don't see prices dropping for anything, by looking what the price of gas, food, and everything else you buy, is doing. Wait to buy what you want, but this time to me, it just "feels" different. Just my two cents on things, and that's probably what it's worth. A deal to me is, can you afford it, and can you use it.

I think the hoarder concept is ridiculous. Its just so many buyers reacting at the same time and are buying what they can afford. I have about 15,000 rounds of 22 lr only because the prices climbed so fast in the early 1990's that i swore never to fall victim to that nonsense again. I haven't bought factory ammo in any quantity in 15 years and my last purchase of rimfire ammo of any type was when the 17 MachII was introduced. Its called being prepared if its called anything.

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    It would be interesting to hear what the word hoard means to those who use it in todays world . At another place I visit it seems to mean the same as price gouging or ticket scalping .

Jack

Boolit Master

Kinda makes me glad I collect .22 boxes and tins. I have several .50cal ammo cans full of FULL
    22boxes. Never thought I'd see the day when they might be worth more as shooters than collectors

Guess that makes me an unwittingly hoarder
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

like most of you i thought i had plenty of 22s to last me for a long time. till we bought the girl a rifle for Christmas (she is 10). she really enjoys shooting and with 2 of us it doesnt take long to go through a few bricks and a box of clays.
    man who pees uphill gets feet wet with experience

Boolit Master
    Is it hoarding when you stock up on commodities when they are in good supply and because of that, the price is down? Although I keep in mind that any commodity could one day be in short supply, I don't stock up as a hedge against shortages so much as a hedge against inflation. When the price of ammo and components come back down, the likelihood that prices will return to pre-shortage levels is probably pretty slim. Retailers frequently use this kind of situation as an opportunity to fatten their profit margins.
    If you had $200.00 in cash back in November of last year, chances are in all probability by November of this year inflation will have eaten up at least 3% of that money. If you took that $200.00 that you had back in November and bought case of 22LR ammo with it, I'm betting that after the shortage is over and supplies are back to comfortable levels, there's a very good chance that those 22s will be selling for 10% more than they were before the shortage.

If you took that $200.00 and put it in a savings acct. you might earn $6.00 on it in one year. Then of course you have to give the Federal government $1.20 of your interest. Now you're left with $204.80. If you bought 22s you're probably going to end up with something that is now worth $220.00. Plus, the government does not (yet) tax you on the appreciation of your ammo or components.

I apply the same principal to most of the commodities that I buy. I don't see myself as a hoarder. I see myself as an investor.

smokeywolf
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master
    There's lots of unusual stuff going on these days. I stopped at a Dick's Sporting good two days ago and the only ammo they had was about 20 boxes of CCI .22 shot loads. They had no rifles of any type in .223 or .308. Their 35 foot long rifle rack had one gun every 8 or so spaces.

One site that I used to buy pulled bullets and 7.62 brass from sent me an email that they had gotten in a shipment (how big I don't know) of primed LC match 7.62, and that they were pleased to offer it to me for $2 a shell. I didn't order any. GF

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast