Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackboxLoad Data
Titan ReloadingWidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: phillips head anyone ?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by SlippShodd View Post
    See, you learn something new here every day. I have one of the parkerized Lazy Dog bomblets, I've had it for probably 45 years... just never knew until now what it was actually called. Thank you AggieEE!

Attachment 64753

The whistles are awesome, if not impossible. The Buick might be a good idea for the reason stated.

mike
    Thanks for the image !
    I also had to look it up and was surprised to learn it was some idea of a weapon back in the Nam.
    I have to be honest and say I never even heard of the things while there, but they are kind of cool looking.
    Boy, you'd have to drop alot of those to have any effect where I was. It was all thick canopy jungle, no chance those little metal thingies would make it through. Those things would have been some mean shrapnel in a boobytrap. Sometimes our government is counter productive to say the least...

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by AggieEE View Post
    I had a thought ever since I saw a "lazy dog" bomblett(?). Cast a broadhead in the base and make a sabot shotgun slug. What say you oldpara?
    AggieEE
    Now that I know what it is, here's my take.

Beaucoup dinky dau

Quote Originally Posted by oldpara View Post
    Now that I know what it is, here's my take.
    See, and those might even be doable... you know, without the Open Arms inscription.

mike
    I saw this in a cartoon once. I'm pretty sure I can pull it off...

Boolit Master
    Do I have to be the first crude sob to suggest that most masculine part of the anatomy? Or how about the doctor's delving digit?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oreo View Post
    do i have to be the first crude sob to suggest that most masculine part of the anatomy? Or how about the doctor's delving digit?
    yep
    Cheers

no34570

"I'll tell you what rule we applied sir,We applied rule 3-0-3, We caught them and we shot them, under rule 3-0-3." :Lt Harry " Breaker" Morant at his court martial in January 1902.

I dont know if it will help with decision making, but I'd take a mold or two and have some projects that sure would benefit from a cnc mill

Light Attack
    Gary

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Light attack View Post
    I dont know if it will help with decision making, but I'd take a mold or two and have some projects that sure would benefit from a cnc mill

Light Attack
    Gary
    Right now I can't make molds for others.
    The molds I make for myself are rudimentary and I wouldn't feel good about charging money for them.
    In the future I hope to have the ability to make "real" molds, then I would be happy to make anyone what they wanted.

For now, if you have some ideas/projects feel free to post or PM sketches or drawings and I'll model something for you.
    I won't use it for myself, it's yours.

Boolit Buddy
    oldpara, I was thinking about the lazy dog for a shotgun but on a bullet might work also. Anyway, since you have or can generate the coding to cut the molds I know there are short run machine shops out there that would do short runs with your code. I don't know how many pieces they would want to do at one shot but.... Just trying to get something unique and if it puts coin in your pocket why not?
    AggieEE

Boolit Buddy
    ok i still love this thread the stuff you come up with is AWSOME. i wish i won the lottery i would buy all the equip and let you use it to make these .of course you would have to make me a few
    keep up the good work tho.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    H. L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by AggieEE View Post
    oldpara, I was thinking about the lazy dog for a shotgun but on a bullet might work also. Anyway, since you have or can generate the coding to cut the molds I know there are short run machine shops out there that would do short runs with your code. I don't know how many pieces they would want to do at one shot but.... Just trying to get something unique and if it puts coin in your pocket why not?
    AggieEE
    It would make a wicked looking saboted slug, but you know, someone would be scared of it and want to outlaw the thing...

I've tentatively looked into getting together with a smaller cnc job shop.
    Asked around a little but nothing yet.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsar View Post
    ok i still love this thread the stuff you come up with is AWSOME. i wish i won the lottery i would buy all the equip and let you use it to make these .of course you would have to make me a few
    keep up the good work tho.

the lottery.... Oh what fun a person with our hobby could have !

Boolit Buddy
    Here's one even though I couldn't cut it with the equipment I'm using now.
    Wth the correct twist, clean holes through

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
    Do I have to be the first crude sob to suggest that most masculine part of the anatomy? Or how about the doctor's delving digit?
    I thought a bullet that looked like a condom would be cool. Maybe there's a market for rubber bullets.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck113 View Post
    I thought a bullet that looked like a condom would be cool. Maybe there's a market for rubber bullets.
    Hope I'm not in trouble for this one....

Not by me, but if you EVER make a .309 or .314 whistle mold, put me on the list. Sure would be worth it to watch heads turn at the range while shooting my Tikka or Mosin Nagant.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slim1836 View Post
    Not by me, but if you EVER make a .309 or .314 whistle mold, put me on the list. Sure would be worth it to watch heads turn at the range while shooting my Tikka or Mosin Nagant.

Slim
    I would think that just about any whistle will **** out at MACH 1 or more over the mouthpiece?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Thief View Post
    I would think that just about any whistle will **** out at MACH 1 or more over the mouthpiece?
    It's worth a try a least. Guess Oldpara ought to test fire one first, if it works, be great at long distance.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by slim1836 View Post
    It's worth a try a least. Guess Oldpara ought to test fire one first, if it works, be great at long distance.

Slim
    Would be an annoying sniper round. Imagine hearing that screaming downrange.
    I'd sure leave the AO pronto.

Boolit Master
    A whistle, first of all, would absolutely have to be subsonic, and probably subsonic by a wide margin.

Second, even if it did actually whistle the report would only be for a fraction of a second at normal ranges. So suggest extremely long ranges with a very subsonic boolit seems almost a non-starter. Maybe bp canons or mortars this would work with their high arching trajectory.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
    A whistle, first of all, would absolutely have to be subsonic, and probably subsonic by a wide margin.

Second, even if it did actually whistle the report would only be for a fraction of a second at normal ranges. So suggest extremely long ranges with a very subsonic boolit seems almost a non-starter. Maybe bp canons or mortars this would work with their high arching trajectory.
    You are being utterly practical, realistic, and probably correct ... Boooo
    Try to imagine for a second, and go with that.
    Has it ever been done ? What would that doppler effect sound like ?
    And a BP mortar round whistle ? That would get some attention from the crowds.
    For me personally, I don't know that it can't be done. I'm kind of stupid that way, and I probably waste alot of time at it but I have fun pursuing the fanciful.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast