Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline FabricationWideners
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad Data
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Where do I list lead for sale?

Boolit Buddy

I know we've talked via PM, but I wanted to publicly welcome you to the forum as well!
    USAF Retired

WAR EAGLE!

"A government that does not trust its law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is its self unworthy of trust."
    - James Madison

Welcome to the forum.Please don't judge Texas by Killeeen.Killeen is much like any other town made larger by a military installation.Folk that live there tend to be snobby to the service men and women.This is made more difficult by Ft.Hood being,I believe,the largest military installation in the world,at least in the USA.Go ahead and dislike our weather...by the time you're done complaining about it...it has changed.

Feebay, Haha. Havent heard that one. Its good though. Accurately reflects them well.

Quote Originally Posted by novalty View Post
    Andrea.Thomas glad to have you on CastBoolits, and I hear too well your problem with FeeBay. Wish you the best in your sales.

Oh yes, It has changed dramatically today alone. Head out the door in jeans and a sweater. Come home and put on shorts and tank top. Ft Hood is the largest military base in the US, There is one larger overseas but I do belive it is being closed down and alot of thier soldiers being sent here. Our new neighbors are part of that shutdown. I personally can not wait untill the summer, We got here August of last year and while it did take some getting used to for this northerner, It was rather nice. I greatly enjoyed the little bit of summer we had here. And I hear there is a huge waterpark not far away, Slitterbahn or something like that. We love water parks and amusement parks so that is something we will def be looking into. Every family needs a little fun in thier lives.

Quote Originally Posted by chutesnreloads View Post
    Welcome to the forum.Please don't judge Texas by Killeeen.Killeen is much like any other town made larger by a military installation.Folk that live there tend to be snobby to the service men and women.This is made more difficult by Ft.Hood being,I believe,the largest military installation in the world,at least in the USA.Go ahead and dislike our weather...by the time you're done complaining about it...it has changed.

I do however have one HUGE gripe about Kileen. Thier traffic court system is redicolous. I got my 1st ticket last month since I was 16, I am 33 now. Why on earth do you take a ticket and wait well over 3 hours to be called? Thats a total waste of time and resources. I waited the 3 hours, Was gonna fight it, Realized I still had 28 numbers ahead of me and decided to log online from my phone and just pay the fine. I have never seen a court system done this way. Long story short, My 12 year old contracted the stomach flu, That lasted 3 whole weeks. On the way back from Temple from a gastroenterology appt for him, I was on the access road, Saw no posted speed limit signs and was doing 59. My son in the pass seat kept saying "mom hurry I have to pooooooppppp". And thats where I got pulled over. 59 in a 45. My poor child "went" in his pants and the cop said "Sounds like a crappy situation" as he handed me the ticket. JERK! Here we are almost a month later, trying to get my son to a bathroom cost me $177.10 for the fine and......... a new front seat!

Thank you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by mktacop View Post
    I know we've talked via PM, but I wanted to publicly welcome you to the forum as well!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea.Thomas View Post
    Here we are almost a month later, trying to get my son to a bathroom cost me $177.10 for the fine and......... a new front seat!
    Don't make the mistake of thinking that traffic tickets and the fine are punishment for doing a wrong. They are not!

They are written for one purpose and that is to generate revenue.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master

Wow! I'm glad you got that diagnosis on your youngest. It is possible, and I say just possible, that you will now see many of his other problems diminish as he develops. To the extent that the OCD was a way to cope, he will need it less and less. ADHD could be a result of his brain organization, the medicine for that may or may not address the ADHD. If he is on stimulant medication for the ADHD remember that he is off it at least 12hrs/day. You can not give it to him when he does not need to learn and then monitor his ability to focus and not be distracted by doing something with him like cooking. You can then tease out which medication is doing what.

You and your husband really do need to look into casting. I can load a box of 45ACP for probably $2.00 or less - the .380 will be less. That is due to reusing brass and loading cast boolits. The 30-30 is a good suggestion - you can do just as much with that caliber with boolits that you can with bullets. Teach him to reload and he can shoot to his heart's content - the cost is minimal with booits.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Its a major hurt to my ego, I pick on my husband often because his driving record is HORRIBLE. And now, Well I cant really do that now can I
    His record of tickets was so bad, I told him, 6 months of no tickets you can buy a new truck. His old one was...Old. So he ended up with a brand new 2012 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab or whatever they are called. He hasnt gotten a single ticket since 6 months before he bought it. Im proud of him.

Quote Originally Posted by cbrick View Post
    Don't make the mistake of thinking that traffic tickets and the fine are punishment for doing a wrong. They are not!

They are written for one purpose and that is to generate revenue.

Rick
    ~Andrea

I think maybe we should start to look into casting then.

Right now, Nathan takes Amantidine, Triliptal, Ritalin and Risperdal. The Ritalin is 7am and Noon, as is the amantidine. The other 2 are am and pm. They seem to be working well. I do "drug holidays" with my other 2 ADHD kids on the summer breaks, gives me grey hair but I think they need it. And it seems to help them not need increases in dosage through the year. The only reason for the meds is concentration, What concentration do they need when riding a bike or playing football? They dont, They only need it during school. Some doctors have disagreed with me, But I think it is best for them to have those 2 months where they dont need these stimulants to help them concentrate. They can be as hyper and unfocused as they want....In the back yard!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    Wow! I'm glad you got that diagnosis on your youngest. It is possible, and I say just possible, that you will now see many of his other problems diminish as he develops. To the extent that the OCD was a way to cope, he will need it less and less. ADHD could be a result of his brain organization, the medicine for that may or may not address the ADHD. If he is on stimulant medication for the ADHD remember that he is off it at least 12hrs/day. You can not give it to him when he does not need to learn and then monitor his ability to focus and not be distracted by doing something with him like cooking. You can then tease out which medication is doing what.

You and your husband really do need to look into casting. I can load a box of 45ACP for probably $2.00 or less - the .380 will be less. That is due to reusing brass and loading cast boolits. The 30-30 is a good suggestion - you can do just as much with that caliber with boolits that you can with bullets. Teach him to reload and he can shoot to his heart's content - the cost is minimal with booits.
    ~Andrea

Boolit Grand Master

Drug holidays may not keep them from needing an increase. That is determined by blood volume more than anything. As they grow their blood volume increases, diluting the amount of drug in the system. This requires a dosage increase to maintain effective levels. It really is a physical issue with growth and not much more.

Yeah, casting and loading is what keeps me shooting. No way I would pay the prices that are current, and LOML is very glad of that!
    Wayne the Shrink

Well, We always mine on Sunday. Im sick as a dog, As is half my house. Cross your fingers that we get better. Only my husband and my 9 & 10 year olds are the ones that havent been bitten by this illness. We are shooting for 2,000 pounds on sunday so I sure hope pumping all this OJ and vitamin abcdefg-xyz stuff will help. Im to the point where ive drank so much oj it no longer tastes good. However, This starbucks coffee ice cream I wont put down is making it so my throat doesnt hurt....Good reason to eat ice cream!
    ~Andrea

So far my oldest hasnt needed a increase in anything except his Intuniv since he was 8 so Im hoping he wont need one for a while. I know that when I took him off his Intuniv and risperdal in preparation for a gastroenterology appt, He went absolutely crazy. Like literally, He was completely non functional. It wasnt like that over the summer when we gave him a drug holiday so im a little concerned about that.

Just a ??, What does LOML mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    Drug holidays may not keep them from needing an increase. That is determined by blood volume more than anything. As they grow their blood volume increases, diluting the amount of drug in the system. This requires a dosage increase to maintain effective levels. It really is a physical issue with growth and not much more.

Yeah, casting and loading is what keeps me shooting. No way I would pay the prices that are current, and LOML is very glad of that!
    ~Andrea

Boolit Buddy
    LOML = Love of My Life....
    Solvang Shootist
    SASS 60905-Life
    Frontier Cartridge Black Powder Shooter

Boolit Grand Master

Anrea, Welcome to the forum!
    This place is awesome. Anything you want to know about any subject will be hashed out, and you might even be less confused than you were before by the time its all over!
    However, the sight is dedicated to the casting and shooting of cast lead boolits. If you got a kid that is burning 400 rounds in two hours, then you need to be casting your own lead boolits! I shoot (should I say "was shooting"?) 45 ACP for just a little more than the cost of 22LR ('bout $30 per C give or take).
    It's fun and relaxing, and it makes your guns live forever. Also, if you are interested in hunting, the cast lead boolit is the very best projectile ever devised by man to make the groceries quit running around.
    Last edited by MBTcustom; 01-26-2013 at 10:17 AM.
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

Boolit Master

Ft Hood...now that brings back memories.
    25 yr ago memories, in 1st Cav Division

Yes that is where we are. They call it "The Great Place". My dad was also stationed here, 1976-1979. Its much larger now then it was back then. You have to take the highway to get from one end of the base to the other because its something like 42 miles between main gate and west gate.

Quote Originally Posted by 41 mag fan View Post
    Ft Hood...now that brings back memories.
    25 yr ago memories, in 1st Cav Division
    ~Andrea

Thank you for the warm welcome. Yes we hunt, Well I should say my husband hunts. He wont allow me to use his rifle. He likes to use his bow for hunting.

I think he is going to start looking into casting here soon, Once we get cought up on this copper & brass in our carport. Hes been sifting through about 60 pounds a day, All in all theres around 2,000 pounds he needs to get turned into the scrapyard. So that and smelting takes up a ton of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by goodsteel View Post
    Anrea, Welcome to the forum!
    This place is awesome. Anything you want to know about any subject will be hashed out, and you might even be less confused than you were before by the time its all over!
    However, the sight is dedicated to the casting and shooting of cast lead boolits. If you got a kid that is burning 400 rounds in two hours, then you need to be casting your own lead boolits! I shoot (should I say "was shooting"?) 45 ACP for just a little more than the cost of 22LR ('bout $30 per C give or take).
    It's fun and relaxing, and it makes your guns live forever. Also, if you are interested in hunting, the cast lead boolit is the very best projectile ever devised by man to make the groceries quit running around.
    ~Andrea

Boolit Grand Master

Yup, LOML = Love of My Life - in my case my wife of 38 years.
    Wayne the Shrink

Andrea.Thomas,
    Welcome to the sight.
    May I ask what brass he is sorting?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast