WidenersReloading EverythingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: We need a Sizing Section?

Boolit Master

Question We need a Sizing Section?

So I have made a trade on here and have a Lyman 45 coming to me.

This will be my first Lubrisizer.

I have been doing some searching, not only here, but on the whole web(more info here by far).

I have not come by much information.

I need to know the ins and outs. I believe that I should boil it out first... is there a sticky for that?

I know there is a manual here somewhere for the 45, but hang if I can find it.

I'm leaning towards BAC from Lars, for the short future I will be using it for 45acp, 41mag, and 303brit. We occasionally see 115 here in the summer, and are usually about 40 in the "winter". When elk hunting, I might see it 10 degrees, but I would just need it to function in an emergency, not give 1 hole groups.

As far as top punches, for my pistols I should be able to just use a flat punch.

Dies? What are they interchangeable with? Some have O-rings and some don't?

Anything with the 45 I should look out for? Tweak? Lubricate?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if I have just been looking in the wrong places, please accept my apologies.
    "When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

Banned

Boolit Master

YEP!!!

Thanks run! I kinda figured I was missing something...

My brain just doesn't put CASTING and SIZING in the same category.

Maybe some others would like to see it split?
    "When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

Banned

I like it fine the way it is, we even have a sub-sub section for Magma Star sizers. Breaking up into sub-categories still won't help bring to light older threads unless the mods individually search them out and move them to the new section, which is a monumental task even for a small section. Just spend some time here on the forum and dig around, you can find most anything you're looking for.

Gear

Boolit Master

Gear, that's kinda what I figured.

It would be nice, but heck on the mod that drew the short straw! I appreciate everything they do to keep this a well-mannered, family friendly site, and would not want to be the squeaky wheel that gave them that much work.

Maybe rename it the Casting/Sizing area?

Seems to me that could be done in short order if it was so desired.

Banned

it covers kinda everything there,310 tools and such too.
    it keeps enough traffic up without things getting too slow or too fast.
    a name change might could help..

Boolit Grand Master

We need a Sizing Section?

A sizer isn't reloading equipment and is only used when casting bullets. I think the section is named correctly. Basically if it's tooling that's specific to casting it's in that forum.

the search function can be our best friend ( mine's the back button as these fat fingers seem to hit 3 keys at once )
    Je suis Charlie

" To sit in judgment of those things which you perceive to be wrong or imperfect is to be one more person who is part of judgment, evil or imperfection."
    Wayne Dyer
    if it was easy would it be as worthy ? or as long of lasting impression ? the hardest of lessons are the best of teachers [shrugz]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLzFhOslZPM

Moderator Emeritus
    Montana Charlie has set up a bespoke Google search function for Cast Boolits if you don't like the forum one for any reason.

As has been said, the search function is your friend on a place like this, with so much information and sometimes knowledge shared.

Like most good and worthwhile things in life the more you put into something the more you will get out of it, people who take the time to familiarise themselves with these forums and their content are the ones who will benefit the most from the cast boolit enlightenment that is lodged here.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Boolit Master

Thanks for the help, guys... I kinda feel like a tool!

I was just looking over the main headings, and not reading the fine print.

I will have to look into that search function by Montana Charlie.

Boolit Bub
    I was also looking at the threads trying to figure out where to look about the sizing presses....I have reloaded for decades and am just getting inot casting and maybe swaging. I looked at some RCBS and Lyman sizing parts and I just dont see how they work with any of my presses. Thank you to all for this great wealth of information. I have learned more in just a few hours of reading on this forum than I could have gathered in months of research...