Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingWidenersReloading Everything
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Load Data Repackbox
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: So when is the Winnemucca shoot this year?

Calvin,

Also great pictures, I may be asking if I can use a pic or two when I get ready to do the Pistol pics.

Again, good job,
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Boolit Master
    Sure thing Mac, look forward to having coffee with you some morning in Boise. i have a few more pictures to post but mostly Lagene took the best ones!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Newtire View Post
    Sure thing Mac, look forward to having coffee with you some morning in Boise. i have a few more pictures to post but mostly Lagene took the best ones!
    Holly loved your pictures of her and the captions. I think she is getting serious about her own rifle.

Boolit Master
    I could tell she really liked shooting that thing. It's always great to see someone have a good time shooting. I had no idea it was her first time shooting a rifle. She got a pretty great group for a first timer! Way to go Holly!

Boolit Master

Holly's NCBS 2013 Pics

Go to: http://s1332.photobucket.com/user/ho...ry/NCBS%202013

Use the password: NCBS2013

I hope this works. Never done this before.

Holly

Boolit Master

Great pictures!
    Thanks for taking them and for posting them.
    Much appreciated.
    I'm already looking forward to next year!!
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ward and Holly,

Holly, Great Pictures, as matt says, thanks for posting them! I may hit you up for some when I do my framing of Winners pictures.. That sould be in a couple of weeks, right now I've got Darren's brother John and a friend helping me put in a backyard sprinkler system!

again, thanks,
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Boolit Master
    Thanks Holly for posting the great pictures. Was great to see you have so much fun shooting the .243 .. Hey Ward, it's either that or a ..22 cal or a .25 cal or a .264 or...So many rifles, so little time! In any case, it's sure to be alot of fun.

Boolit Master
    After looking at the Weather Channel this afternoon, I am certainly glad we didn't have NCBS this weekend. Winnemucca is supposed to be 99 on Sunday and 96 on Saturday. I might have melted. Newtire - I cast for 3 out of those 4 you just mentioned and I think she would enjoy a 257 Bob as well.

Boolit Master
    I agree on the .257 choice. For one thing, .25 caliber components were always available during both Obama-scares. The AI isn't hard to do and can be formed from 6mm Rem/.244 Reminton cases by just running them over the .25 cal expander button and fireforming them as well as from 7mm Mauser (it's parent case of course) and just by firing a standard .257 Roberts. Obsessed1958 could probably be talked out of a nice set of RCBS dies for .257 AI and we already have some loads worked up. It doesn't give up anything to the .25-06-pretty much the same ballistically. Have fun! My next new fun project is a 6.5-06 that Onceabull talked me into.

Boolit Master
    Holly picked up that 243 yesterday since that Mossberg with the very short length-of-pull fit her so well after trying at least half a dozen other youth/lady's rifles at Cabelas. Like castboolits, fit is everything, and you couldn't beat the price at a local hardware store where she got it. It wasn't a total loss for Cabelas where she did get the dies, shell holder, and (believe it or not), a bag of 243 brass. Now I get to have fun working up a load and casting more boolits.

Boolit Master
    Just a tip on the boolit choices. I had the best luck with 9.3X62 Al's (formerly Deputy Al ) load of 12.5 gr. 2400 and the RCBS 95 grainer. The only boolit I had real bad luck with was the 245498. It would keyhole and al that stuff.. Gas checks are usually available thru Blammer here as Hornady quit making 6mm gas checks. Great to hear of the progress with our new rifle shooter! I hope you told Holly that once you send that first handloaded round downrange, there's no turning back.

Super Moderator

.............Thank you all for taking those photo's, and especially the action videos of the team pistol stake shoot! Too bad we couldn't shoot the team rifle event, but we won't go there! It was a great time for sure even though attendance was down somewhat it was apparent a good time was had by all. I started planning for next year half way through this years' event! My big mistake was not bringing more rifles!!!

..............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the tip to work up a load for Holly's new rifle. I will add the 2400 to four other powders I will be testing. The 6mm boolit I am casting is the Loverin 89 gr Lyman boolit and it shoots great in my 6mm Rem which I didn't bring this time to NCBS. The other powders I will be trying are 5744, 4198, 4759, and Unique. I have already discovered on my home 25 yard range that anything under 1600 fps does not stabilize the Loverin boolit in that rifle but the factory load's holes are touching. Hope to get to the 100 yard range soon.
    Like Buckshot, I am already planning for next year.

Boolit Master
    That little boolit ought to be a good one. I'm going to give a try to loading for a 6.5X06 that I got from Onceabull. I have a guy making a trade for a mould that I used to have but sold. I shot some of those boolits that I had sitting around and found out they shoot pretty good. I hear that there are some challenges with twist rate and other things but just over a 1-1/2" group at 100 yds shows promise to me.

Boolit Master
    Mac sent me copies of the winner's pictures, and I have posted them at the end of this thread:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...otos-by-Lagene

Enjoy!!!!

Don

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master
    Thanks Don for posting all the great pictures.

Hey obssd1958, Don!

I was just looking over this years pic again, when I realized that I hadn't THANKED YOU for posting them on is Board for me; so A BIG THANKS TO YOU, for posting for all to see!

To all NCBS 2013 Attendesse!

I need your help, I have a Picture for the big guy that WON the Long Range Event at this years NCBS 2013!
    Many seemed to call him "BeeKeeper". I PM'd The BeeKeeper on our Board for his address with a reply ......NOT ME! Said he wished it were.

Looking at some past Photo's, I believe 2009, there is a guy that looks like him and I shot at the bench next to him , he called himself "NVBeeman". There is a NVBeeman on the board and also a Beeman, I PM'd them both with no answer. Neither one of them had much activity on the Board.

I thought it possiable that someone this year might have bonded with him or a least learned of his residence location and maybe, hopefully, gotten his address?

So, if so, please let me know? MANY THANKS,

Boolit Master
    He is the beekeeper who lives in the Fallon area. I don't know if it is NVBeeman or not. If he doesn't answer up, he is probably busy moving his hives daily to pollinate melons, squashes, clover, etc in the Fallon area. It is that time of year. Bee patient.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567