WidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Titan ReloadingRepackboxLee PrecisionReloading Everything
RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favorite Fishing Spot

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by crawfobj View Post
    Been there done that on Lavon (back when it had water in it), Buchanan, and a few others. You're right - there's nothing quite like it. Good fun to throw back all the ones that are "too skinny" on your way to a limit.
    I grew up in Plano but built my house on Tawakoni. Spent alot of time on Lavon.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Ripper View Post
    I grew up in Plano but built my house on Tawakoni. Spent alot of time on Lavon.
    I grew up right down the road from you in Richardson and now live off of lake lewisville. Not the greatest fishing, but I still have to work in the metromess and it's the best I can do for now.

Boolit Master
    pipestone river north of pickle lake biggest speckled trout Ive ever seen one after another all day long intermittently interrupted by occasional hog walleye

[QUOTE=oldgeezershooter;2016950]Attachment 59057
    You got it![/QUOT

In background, looking down canyon from southern end of Good Hope Bay with Castle Butte over left shoulder?

Mine is any place the fish are biting.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Banned
    South Branch of the Little Wolf River. Paradise with big trout.

Boolit Master

I float the Coeur d'Alene river in Northern Idaho a couple of times a year in pursuit of catch and release Cutthroat trout.

There is no more beautiful fishing river on earth that I've found.

Attachment 230939

Attachment 230940

Attachment 230941
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    I haven't been there for 40 years, but it would be the Cisco Chain of Lakes in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. My brothers and I went there every year. We fished out of canoes with nightcrawlers and 30 cent gold marathon spoons. We caught yellow perch, bluegill, rock bass, some little northern pike and every once in a while a smallmouth. The fishing was better than we were fisherman, but those camps were some of the best days of my life. I hope to get back there some day.

Boolit Master

bowfin
    sounds like the place to be come June

Love the bass fishing in all of the Snake river in Idaho but my favorite would be Salmon fishing on the Lewis river at Woodland Wa. Gp

Boolit Master
    Esophus creek in Upstate NY and any little feeders there, Lake Eufaula In Alabama, Lake Seminole in Georgia, Whatever river that goes through Cherokee, N.C. and almost any pond someone will let me fish on.

I just love to fish, whether with a fly rod , ultra light, or heavy duty bass gear.....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    Who says Washington State doesn't have big largemouth? On Wednesday (May 8) I looked at a 10 pound 2 ounce largemouth from the lake just down 2 miles the road from my house on the Olympic Peninsula, Lake Leland. The fellow beat my best from that lake by almost 2 pounds. Best of all, he caught it old school with a classic, glass eyed Bass Oreno plug which he took down from the wall of his 1930's cabin. The lake is small at 100 acres but is also known for its crappie and last week was planted with 6,000 rainbow trout.

Barnegat Bay; Good Luck Point, Tice's Shoal, The Inlet, and right off the dock at the end of my street in the Tom's River.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Man
    i love catching reds off of pine island FL

I have two favorites. When I retired my goal was to get a place on the water so that I could go fishing in the morning and come back for lunch, which is what I did. Great bass, crappie, and perch (white are delicious but we think of yellow perch as a trash fish). I also have a cabin up north on Moosehead Lake, you know....just to get away from the hussle and bussle of urban life....hahaha. As my grandfather who built the camp says...."It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from there" I love to ice fish up there and we do very well. It is civilized ice fishing as the camp is just a few steps from the water, so we can set hte traps and look out the kitchen window and watch for flags. Here is picture of one of our weekend trips!
    [/ATTACH]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	313297071_1357908801684471_2099783612476507203_n.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	309305Click image for larger version. 

Name:	313602989_769079357499834_4295418015177590816_n.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	309306

Boolit Master

Guess mine would have to be Conejos River in Southern CO.
    Between the changing times and rules and property leases it is not even close to what it was.

I can only imagine it before I started fishing there in the late 70s.
    Personal best Brown Trout there.
    Ya know when they get bigger, you should not lip them.
    Right at dusk on a aught Mepps and 4 pound line to boot.

Duck River right here in middle Tennessee, BEFORE all of the access ramps.
    Personal best Smallmouth on a white spinner bait and again on 4 pound line.
    Thought I had hung up on a rock til I jerked trying to get it loose.
    Took a while in that rapid before I ever saw him and then really doubted I would ever land him.
    Hope he made it to die of old age!
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by ammohead View Post
    East Walker River in NV, spot called the Elbow. Property owned by Paris Hilton's grandfather Baron Hilton. Keep hoping she will drop in for breakfast some morning but nothing yet. Mostly rainbows, some browns. Absolute quiet for the most part, beautiful scenery. The sandy soil yields deer tracks, bear tracks, mountain lion and an occasional desert big horn will show up for water. The surrounding area also holds pronghorn and sage grouse. Just up stream is a catch and release section of the river that is considered by the Eddie Bauer types to be trophy quality, not my kettle of fish. Rarely more than one other camper on non-holiday weekends, one of the wests best kept secrets. Don't tell anyone.

I will have to try the McGill NV area out next time I am in that part of Nevada. Fished Cave Lake a lot, but never the East Walker or McGill areas.

My favorite fishing spot in Montana is Tally Lake - other end of the road from me and about 10 miles away. I haul the aluminum boat there and the wife an I troll along the banks, enjoying the scenery and time to contemplate while fishing. We have never failed to catch fish - but many in the local area are of the opinion that it is a Poor Fishing area where they never catch fish. Guess they don't hold their mouth "Just Right" and we do when fishing that location.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123