Load DataLee PrecisionRepackboxReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: How much TP in a years supply

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.

How much TP in a years supply

This is an interim report, 8 rolls completed, on my ongoing study to determine a baseline for a one year supply of toilet paper.

Because toilet paper varies greatly in quality, construction, and number of sheets in a roll your mileage may vary. In addition individual usage varies because of technique, upbringing, health and what you eat so this is intended as a suggested starting point. I look forward to many of you conducting your own experiments.

Test parameters:
    1. A single individual is the test subject.
    2. The test paper selected is Charmin Ultra Strong packaged in Mega Rolls, supposed to equal four regular rolls.
    3. Target is average use for a one year period.
    4. Date of each roll start and finish are recorded along with elapsed number of days, then total elapsed days are divided by total rolls used to arrive at a Days Per Roll for a single individual or the DPRPP (days per roll per person) number.

The DPRPP number can then be used to estimate usage for any size group or determine the length of time an existing supply will last.

After 8 rolls used the average DPRPP is 35.5 for this specific brand and roll size. Therefore 365 divided by 35.5 equals 10 1/4 Mega Rolls for a one year supply. Additional data and analysis will be made available at the end of the full test. This is simply an interim figure for consideration if things get worse before the test is complete.
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

Boolit Buddy
    well i reckon it depends upon how full of **** one is

Perma-Banned

Also are you using both sides there are so many variables.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Better put a woman in the test group. The use will rise enormously!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    You got that right.
    One of the greatist delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation.- Thomas Reed (1886)
    "The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give it to those who would not."-Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Buddy
    wiping habits vary greatly, one college roomate wiped 3 times, just like his daddy taught him, no matter if he needed 3 (or 13)

Boolit Grand Master

How much TP in a years supply

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    Make it a 12yo girl. It doesn't matter how much I tell her about. It's not uncommon for us(my girl, daughter and me) to go through four rolls a week. Neither one of them understands counting squares. And now the 12yo is wanting to wash her own clothes and we went through a 96 load bottle of detergent in two weeks. :banghead:

When I was single I bought my annual 6 pack of rolls - after I was married I wish I would have bought stock in the paper company.

Moderator Emeritus

Take into consideration gastric afflictions such a diarrhea, that will increase use and also flu's etc.. Best to plan rather then get caught short .
    If you do not stand for something, you stand for nothing.

You can't spell "restore" with h-y-p-o-c-r-i-s-y.

The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.

Moderator Emeritus

Get ready for this...

For Y2K, I bought 3 "family packs" of TP (24 rolls each, I can't remember the brand).

I didn't need to buy any til 2006.

disclaimer: I live alone and when I had a full time job (til 2003), I used plenty of the company paper
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

Supply depletion could be exascerbated if one were to wish to keep a journal and had not stockpiled stationary.

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    For those wanting to reduce wasteful habits I suggest that on the first of the month you hand the offender a single roll of paper and a bag full of corn cobs and tell them to go ahead and use them in whatever way they want but they won't get more until next month.
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

A guy I use to work with (who was a Viet Nam vet) told me that he got one sheet of TP in a pack of field rations. He said that the way he would use it, and this might be a bit gross, was to poke a hole in the center of the sheet, stick his finger through and wipe. He would then carefully remove the paper wiping his finger as he pulled it off and finally find a clean corner and clean out under his fingernail. Using this method (which I do not prescribe) a roll should last a year or more.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

ahhh the oft forgotten luxury of the modern world .... because i use t.p. in my tumbler ( ..yeah it really helps get the [bleep] out ,no pun intended ) it would just be smartest to buy a boxcar full , if SHTF ever does happen it's gonna take a bunch to clean up the mess and assuredly it would be worth barter and also perhaps irreplaceable , i think i actually use more to blow my nose than anything else , all this leaves me to suggest to buy 2 12 packs of mega rolls per year per man and 20 per female in the household ( it also may depend upon how big of ummm six each member possesses - my calculations was based on average body height weight ratio , yours may vary ) as stated best have a bit of surplus as opposed to being caught short
    Je suis Charlie

" To sit in judgment of those things which you perceive to be wrong or imperfect is to be one more person who is part of judgment, evil or imperfection."
    Wayne Dyer
    if it was easy would it be as worthy ? or as long of lasting impression ? the hardest of lessons are the best of teachers [shrugz]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLzFhOslZPM

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

whatever number you ultimately decide upon, multiply by 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Moderator Emeritus

If you bug out it is one of the bulkiest things to carry. Learn to get by without it if you can. The ancient Romans used a rag on a stick in a bucket of water. Find out what grasses, leaves, rocks and other materiels are useful. Also in an emergency most of the foods we depend on for loose bowels may be scarce, fresh fruits and vegetables for example.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Grand Master

Save your old phone books!
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by MT Gianni View Post
    If you bug out it is one of the bulkiest things to carry. Learn to get by without it if you can. The ancient Romans used a rag on a stick in a bucket of water. Find out what grasses, leaves, rocks and other materiels are useful. Also in an emergency most of the foods we depend on for loose bowels may be scarce, fresh fruits and vegetables for example.
    Be sure everyone knows what poison oak looks like.
    One of the greatist delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation.- Thomas Reed (1886)
    "The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give it to those who would not."-Thomas Jefferson

who in hell started this post? , things I don't need to learn today.
    "The good sense of the people will always be found to be the best army.They may be led astray for a moment,but will soon correct themselves" - Thomas Jefferson

I wasn't Born in the south but I got there as soon as I could.
    I like this site. MOSTLY good people. good ideas.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't!!
    "Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped." — Groucho Marx

"We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse"

Banned

phone books pshaaaw.
    phone phamplet is more like it here.
    i figure one roll per day every day no matter what.
    mega roll that should say.
    don't matter if there is a bear or dogs on the front of the package either.

36 squares for the three guy's and the rest for the three women.
    if one of the women is gone the other two take up the slack.
    much like electrical use if one of them is gone the other two will leave some lights on somewhere in the house for them.
    and gladly use their allotment of hot water,and bathroom time.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast