Load DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: Emma Remembered

Boolit Master

Emma Remembered

As many of you probably know I had to put down my Rot of 9-1/2 years. The tough part was that other than not being able to stand without help she was very alert and cognizant of what was going on, It was a tearful goodbye but she went peaceful.
    She gave my wife and I much joy as well as the 2 little twin girls across the road (who don't know yet). They let her in the house and don't do that for their own dog. They told me that she was just so well behaved that she wasn't a problem. Wanted to know if I would train their next dog.
    She had a good life, 30 acres to roam, an airport where she was well liked and fed, and deer camp every year from the time I got her. Peed in my sleeping bag at first deer camp. It actually was pretty funny.
    Here are 2 pics of a better day and her last deer camp inspecting the opening morning take. The first was at one of our annual pig roasts. I think she was up against the cooler for the cool leaking through the side since it was mid July. I was glad that I could take her to deer camp and through Christmas before the inevitable. She was pretty mobile up to the last couple days which was a God send. The vet said that she had to be in pain since the tumor was close to breaking the skin open it was so big.
    Thanks for all of the thoughts and prayers. I'm at the point where I'm trying to remember the good times. I will get another dog when the time comes. The house is just not a home without one, for my wife and I.

Bob

Bob
    GUNFIRE! The sound of Freedom!

Been there done that never a easy thing to do. Had to put one of ours down 6 years ago a husky had her for 16.5 years. She left in my arms and I know that they aren't supposed to have the though proses like we do but it still tears my heart out that her last thought may have been I didn't want her any more........
    Moderating is a responsibility not a privilege, abuse your power and you lose, no matter how powerful you may think you are.

Boolit Master
    Yeah, we had to put Buddy to sleep last year. Cancer. Still rips my heart out.

Looks like Emma had it all together - guard the adult beverages. Good doggy!
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

Banned

I hope shes running and playing in heaven!