RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionWidenersRepackboxInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New RCBS Summit Single Stage Press - Weird Look and Operation!!

Boolit Master
    Probably - sending you a PM.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Master

I have a buddy that has 2 of the taller Seniors,just like mine (no rod like yours) except it is a couple of inches taller and he will sale me one but wants $200! Should I get it???
    Aluminum or iron? They made both. Both go for at least that much in the current market. As I recall, the patent for this press stated that it was designed to be used to reload shotgun shells.

I know of someone who can provide a tie bar if you need one.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Boolit Master
    Kevin that "tie bar" guy never returned my messages. However there is a guy on the ARTCA forum advertising them.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by pressonregardless View Post
    Ordered one. They tell me it will still be a month or two. $200 approximately.

I ended up picking up a summit early this summer. I've been concentrating on pistol shooting lately, so I haven't reloaded much more than 150 rounds with the Summit. I can say that it is solid. It feels rugged and like a quality machine. The two bolt holes are in fact sufficient in keeping the press from moving during operation. One draw back is the spent primer catcher I just checked my part 3 and physiotherapy scores....I rocked them. First time "go" on the first three national boards. No big deal.is dinky. I remove it when not in use so I don't accidentally break it by brushing up against the bench.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other single stage presses to compare it to -this is my first. I use a dillon XL650 for pistol ammo and this single stage long rifle precision loading stuff is a different animal for sure.

Love Life
    Sgt Mike-I sent you a PM.

Love Life
    Thank you. I'll give them a buzz tomorrow.

Love Life
    Aww man. It was gone by the time I called. Looks like my search for this unicorn continues...

Boolit Bub
    There one in town here but they want almost $300 for it. Been looking at it for a couple months now. Was about to take the plunge on it until i ran into a herters #3 for $40. I figured that would be a good enough single stage for me.

Boolit Master
    i use a wamadet its worked fine since1982 and its portable

Boolit Master
    Gee...missed WWII and missed the era of Hollywood presses...dang it.

So, since the train left the station without me.... is this new press better than my Co Ax or what ?

Love Life
    Probably not better than the CO AX, but I haven't put my hands on a Summit yet. I like it because it is a no overhang press.

Love Life
    I found them all!! They are currently on Ebay...***.

The guy on eBay is smart. Probably started them at the price he needed, did an auction instead of Buy It Now. Anything over his asking price is just profit. Who wants it bad enough to be the high bidder ... smart.
    ,,, stupidity comes to some people very easily. 8/22/2017 Pat Lengyel (my wife) in a discussion about Liberals.

panzerr - is that your real head?
    ,,, stupidity comes to some people very easily. 8/22/2017 Pat Lengyel (my wife) in a discussion about Liberals.

In Remembrance

They finally joined the power trimmer and case prep power station into a single unit. As I use both these stations seperately now I am interested in them being a single unit with only a single power cord.Robert

Love Life
    The new case prep center/trimmer also has a better linkage than a piece of fuel line hose...

My hat's off to the man on Ebay and I hope he makes a killing, but my search continues.

Love Life
    HAHA!!! Cabela's had the special edition red, white, and blue Summit press in stock, add in some free shipping, and BOOM!! On the way to my house.

Fish don't fry in the kitchen, peas don't burn on the grill...

Boolit Master

neither do beans...
    "When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

You best be posting a pic of this gem when you get it mounted on the bench. Congratulations.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast