Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWidenersReloading Everything
Load Data RotoMetals2

View Poll Results: How Many Molds Do You Have?

Voters
732. You may not vote on this poll

19 2.60%
  • 2 - 10

266 36.34%
  • 11 - 25

206 28.14%
  • 26 - 50

134 18.31%
  • 51 - 100

62 8.47%
  • 101 - 125

21 2.87%
  • 126 - 150

5 0.68%
  • 151 and More!

19 2.60%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: How Many Molds Do You Have?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StratsMan View Post
    That's odd... most of us have molds that we have no rifles for... yet...

I'm at 50+ molds and working on reducing my inventory...
    One is a French Gras 11x59R that i hate, so i have no brass or boolits for it.
    The other is a Mauser small ring that was converted to single shot 8.15x46R after WWI. I have moulds for it ant it shoots but when money cones at the first an Accurate mould is on it's way.

NEVER, ever, enough! there is no such thing as to many molds.
    Silver and Gold are for rich men. Lead and Brass is MY silver and gold! And when push comes to shove, one of my silver and gold pieces will be more valuable than a big pile of actual silver and gold.

Boolit Buddy
    I have a few to many molds. I have some that I have aquired in trades that I dont even have guns for. I'm thinking of selling some of them pretty soon here. I want to fund a star sizer.

Scott

I forgot to add that I have about 25 molds. And only mold for 4 calibers so far.
    Last edited by Trapperscott; 02-25-2013 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Forgot to put how many molds I had.

Boolit Master
    1. Mihec #503
    2. Mihec H&G #68
    3. Mihec 9mm 147gr BB
    4. Mihec HBWC .44 cal
    5. Mihec 22 Nato

A bit of a tendency there....

edit:
    I think my next mold is going to be something other than a Mihec, since it's a very specialized design, called the Snakebite grease wagon. A .38spl bullet with an extra large lube groove for black powder shooting and a bit longer/heavier to reach .357mag length out of a 38spl case. That's going to be my main round for the two new guns I plan on acquiring this spring (1873 lever & revolver). Which will be mainly a BP platform.

i dont have as many as i need

I have 120+ and have used nearly all of them. I recently bought a Lyman 452488 that I have not used yet. It has been too cold to cast. I have a couple that are duplicates or that have never been used. I also have a number that are no longer used thanks to the pistol ban in the UK. However there are some moulds I no longer use that I would be loathe to part with because the have now developed sentimental value. Can that happen?
    I am beginning to think I should thin down my numbers. I have recently discovered custom mould makers and I can see there will be more moulds I have to have.
    You can never have too many.

Simon.

Boolit Bub
    I have to many. Getting ready to pass some down to my Son and Son in Law.

Boolit Master

Got exactly 10. Had 9 out on the table yesterday. Need more....................

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Irag: 91,03,04,05,06,08,09',15', 16',22-23'
    Afghanistan: 09,10,11',14',17'-21'

Boolit Master

I didn't count the half dozen jig molds or the decoy anchor molds includng one cast iron Herters mold that drops four strap type anchors. Then there's the decoy keel weights. I hate to think of all the linotype in a hundred or more decoy keels. Back in the early 70s a guy used to give me those 22lb bars of linotype. I still have an old plaster of paris mold for a decoy anchor I designed. Line winds on the anchor and it still fits over the head of the decoy but I didn't count any of the above.

Bob
    Si hostes visibilis, etiam tu

Boolit Grand Master

Two more molds were delivered to me last week. So I'm now two molds closer to having enough. Still waiting on about six group buys. And if I keep forgetting to email Accurate molds about one in their catalog.

Boolit Master
    A pleasent youg fellow brought me three just day before yesterday. An old Lyman with handles for the 38/40, I believe a Shiloh .533" hollow base, and a very nice 45/70 complete loading tool. The 45/70 tool just says--- 45 Gov. 500--- with no makers name but its a nice clean tool. I cast it and it looks much like the Lyman 457125.
    OK lets see that comes to 240 something or something. Rats I dont want to count again.

Boolit Bub
    My mould count made it to 7. Not many compared to other people but I am sure I will be getting more.

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Decoy anchor 002.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	63426Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Decoy anchor 001.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	133.9 KB 
ID:	63425

I know this is the wrong place to do this but I promised a fellow I would send a PM with pics of a decoy anchor mold. Couldn't figure out how to attach pics to a PM so I put them here. Indulge me a little bit. Thanks

Bob
    Si hostes visibilis, etiam tu

Boolit Bub
    well i have enough but not enough to quit looking for more !!

I chose 26-50 because my wife was looking over my shoulder at the time....

Boolit Man

I have 12 now and honestly could see tripling that number for just the weapons I reload for now. I almost couldn't believe some of the numbers I read on some of these post, but then got to thinking, I have only been doing this for 3 years and need 36 to cast the boolits I would like to cast, so yeah I could see owning a hundred or two. I don't think you can have to many moulds.

Boolit Master
    OK, I'll take a best guess on this at 60-75 as I don't feel like digging them out. My very first mold was a Lyman 12 slug my wife gave me for Christman about the second year we were married. Then my next was a 358429 DC. Back in the old days it was easy to pick up nice old Ideal and Lymans for $5 to $25 and sometimes a 4 cav with handles for that price. What has really killed my wallet is the group buys from this bunch. But I'm glad I got in on the ones I have. Currently have a Balisticast coming and down for one more Noe. That Noe has to be my last one.

Boolit Master
    I just started casting this year and I'm already up to 8 or 9 pistol molds and 1 rifle. This hobby is addicting like reloading. It is getting expensive for me because I find myself buying new guns just because I picked up a lot of brass in a specific caliber. I suppose I could sell of those pieces of brass to fund other things but I'm a hoarder and everyone around me shames me because they say I have 8 of everything. It was like this when I was buying cars randomly as well

Boolit Master
    make that 3 more i keep buying them as they come in stock. eventually i want to play with all kinds of different loads and sizes instead of plinking with the same ol loads

I have 8 molds, so I would say not enough. I just bought my first rifle mold and have a few more to go.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast