MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRepackboxLoad Data
Lee Precision Wideners

Thread: .223 ammo sales

In Remembrance

.223 ammo sales

Just learned that William`s Gunsight in Davison is limiting .223 loaded ammo to 5 boxes of 20 each per customer. They are keeping ALL .223 and .308 loaded ammo behind the counters to discourage theft. They were completely sold out of this ammo, in all varieties, last Tues.Robert

Boolit Master

not a surprise, I wouldn't be surprised if this type of caliber they don't try to outlaw since it's used in most massacres

Banned

i thought the 40 lead that category.

Love Life
    I have .223 ammunition that I will sell for $175,000+shipping per box of 20. Bundle it up with a 3 30 rd magazine package and forward pistol grip that hooks to picattany rails for only $750,000+shipping.

Smells like retirement...

On a serious note 223 ammunition of all flavors is unobtanium in the smaller Podunk towns, but sportsman's, scheeles, and cabelas were well stocked.

Boolit Master
    Not surprised. I am preparing to reload a bunch this winter with J-words at first. May try boolits later for the evil black rifle.
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

Boolit Master

I guess I'm backwards on this as I have the ammo but nothing to shoot it in.

Boolit Master
    I am sure glad I got lots of small rifle primers, brass, powder and a 4up Milhec 22 nato mold!

Boolit Buddy
    I saw an posting somewhere about a fellow who had over a ton of once fired brass for sale. $55/1000 shipping included. Don't know if that was a good price or not.

In Remembrance

Knowing what type/make of brass this is makes a big difference. Knowing what price "new" brass is going for is necessary knowledge. Realising that fired brass goes for about 1/2 or less than the cost of new brass is needed to know to make a smart buy. I would hazard a guess the $55/1K right now is a decent price.Robert

Boolit Bub
    Lots of places are sold out and others have raised the prices by more than $2.00 per box of 20. It's crazy this panic. The panic from the last time has barely worn off, now its worse.

Re: .223 ammo sales

I would be happy to pay $55/1000 for 223 brass. Let me know if you find a source

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I guess I'm backwards on this as I have the ammo but nothing to shoot it in.
    That'll change soon enough. LoL!!
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master
    223 brass is like dirt at my local ranges.I pickup all I ever need and more.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by WILCO View Post
    That'll change soon enough. LoL!!
    I've had about four in the years past and one was a Colt h-bar the only one I really miss is my Rem 788 in 223. But I suspect your right

Boolit Master

While out shopping/running errands yesterday, I checked three 'big box' stores and found a total of FOUR 20-round boxes of .223...premium-priced Hornaday 'Varmit' stuff...on the shelf at Wal-Mart with the cupboard bare at Blain's and Meier's. No shortage of anything else (for rifle), just no .223s.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Grand Master

I have more than an adequate supply of 223 & 308 for my bolt action rifles. Don't have exact count, but would hate to have to shoot it all in one day. Probably would not be possible. I have found more of those two ctg empties discarded at the range than any others except for 9MM Lug. And that includes both mil and commercial brass.
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Boolit Master

I found almost 100 223 assorted brass yesterday. I have a few thousand steel reloadable cases put away just in case. Jacketed Bullets will be my pinch point. But there is always 22 brass laying around and I have lead.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Love Life
    You think it is bad now? Right now people are buying what they can with whatever they had left over from Christmas shopping, or credit cards. All the cheap stuff is gone.

Now once tax returns hit (wish I got one) all the premium stuff will go as well. This will translate across the spectrum. Components, guns, magazines, ammo, etc.

Boolit Buddy
    I just got back from gun show in okla city
    and there was no 223 ammo at show and
    ars were selling from 2000.00 to 4000.00
    at a show on dec. 15 &16 same dealers were
    selling same ar for 575.00 to 1200.00
    also very little 22lr for sale.
    Terry

Boolit Master

While visiting family my Dad and I went to a small gunshow near Houston last weekend. ARs had a $1000 premium on them and the prices on nothing-special magazines from 10 to 30 rounds were ridiculous. I have one or two 30 round mags because they were available a long time ago and some 9 round mags for hunting and bench testng. I would have bought a 20 round or two for prone position shooting but not at $35-50 each! Lots for sale but didn't see much selling going on.

David
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris