Lee PrecisionLoad DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWideners
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything

Thread: Liberty Shooting Supply Bullet

Boolit Buddy

Liberty Shooting Supply Bullet

Years ago an company called Liberty Shooting Supply cast a .459 405gr bullet with a huge meplat. Almost a wadcutter. They are out of business. Does anyone remember this bullet and the mould it came from. I have been getting sub-MOA at 100 yards with this in my 45-70 over 1 1/2 Swiss and would like to continue using this bullet. I am down to my last 30 and need to cast some soon.

Any ideas?
    So many toys........so little time.

WBH if it works that good for you maybe it is time to get someone to build you that mould. You have the bullets so I bet it wouldn't be that hard for them to duplicate. It would probably be a real good inestment. Just my thought on it Ken.
    Ken.

Be nice if it was better, but it could be worse

Boolit Grand Master
    Give these places a look-see--

www.neihandtools.com

This company may have a like or similar design available. There online catalog is a little arcane, but usable.

www.mountainmolds.com

Dan's site states that he has suspended production temporarily, but it has online design software that allows the user to design a boolit to suit.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

The folks at Liberty Shooting Supplies were located in Portland and I bought a lot of moulds from them over the years (no, I didn't get that one). They bought a lot of their moulds from Walt Neilander back when he was running NEI just outside of Portland. Based on your description, it sounds like your bullet is a PB version of NEI's #346. Contact NEI and I bet they can make you happy.
    Glen

Boolit Buddy
    It is alot like the #346 NEI, buth with out the gas-check. I'll call them and see if it was a mould of theirs. Thanks.
    So many toys........so little time.