Wideners Load Data
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Casting hot glue boolits

Boolit Master

DAAAAAANNNNNNNGGGGG!!!!! Ready for war are you? ;P
    Chris

Μολὼν λαβέ

"Si vis pacem para bellum"

I, like JanZ have shot many wax boolits in 38 cases, this was in the day before you could get a hot glue gun at wally world for 2 bucks. We would prime the cases, sit the block of paraffin in front of a little electric heater to soften it up a little and just push the primed case down on the block... perfect wadcutters every time. these will rid your yard of pesky varmints quickly and non lethally. Plus they are loads of fun to shoot.

Boolit Buddy
    What damage wil these cause to my Television screen ????? Can I set on the couch and blast the moron giving the evening news or the people in those stupid commercials ??????
    I'll have to try this I guess, it may just be my way out of boredom when it's rainin and cold outside.

"PAPA JACK"
    U.S. Army Veteran, RVN 69-70, D trp.(AIR) 3/4 Cav, 25th Inf. Div. CUCHI, Helicopter Crew Chief
    Call Sign CENTAUR

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Jack View Post
    What damage wil these cause to my Television screen ????? Can I set on the couch and blast the moron giving the evening news or the people in those stupid commercials ??????
    I'll have to try this I guess, it may just be my way out of boredom when it's rainin and cold outside.

"PAPA JACK"
    careful it'll bounce back and put your eye out.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Jack View Post

"PAPA JACK"
    With these you might end up getting a new TV

Boolit Mold
    I might suggest some 1" acrylic in front of your tv in that case, or better yet, go nerf
    Nra
    Jpfo life
    SAF life

Boolit Master
    Who remembers the days when sports bars would have a drawing to see who got to throw a brick thru the TV on Monday Night Football while Howard Cosell was talking?
    Paul

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by coopieclan View Post
    .45 cal Hot Glue Sticks!

Wow... I like putting things where they don't belong.

This is wrong with a capital "R"

I am going to try that with .45 blanks in my 1858 Italian Remmy.
    I have done exactly that in my 1858. I percussion caps are not enough without adding some BP. the problem I had was when I shot my gluestick bollits would unseat a little and not let the cylinder rotate until you shoved them back again. I think a 454 glue ball might fit tight enough to work though.

Boolit Mold
    This may have already been covered, as this thread is very, very long, but here is how I make "glue slugs" for a 12 guage.

I take a trap load, and just cut the crimp off with a utility knife. Then I dump out the shot, and fill up the wad with hot glue.

Let sit to cure and then they are ready to shoot at bears, to dissuade them from eating your chickens.

They are very low recoil, low noise, but they sure will sting a bear! Accuracy is good to about 25 yards, and they won't penetrate the bear. They will dent plywood, though.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by BCHobo View Post
    This may have already been covered, as this thread is very, very long, but here is how I make "glue slugs" for a 12 guage.

I take a trap load, and just cut the crimp off with a utility knife. Then I dump out the shot, and fill up the wad with hot glue.

Let sit to cure and then they are ready to shoot at bears, to dissuade them from eating your chickens.

They are very low recoil, low noise, but they sure will sting a bear! Accuracy is good to about 25 yards, and they won't penetrate the bear. They will dent plywood, though.
    I'm not sure I would waste a perfectly good store bought shell turning it into a glue slug, when you can do the same thing by reloading spent shells, but I guess you can use the shot for other projects that way.

Boolit Master

So do you put powder inthe glue slug? Or is it just primer fired also?
    Chris

Μολὼν λαβέ

"Si vis pacem para bellum"

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Arisaka99 View Post

Like he posted just dump the shot, should make the bear yelp!!

10-4 Good Buddy, You got the Duck

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Wow

Maybe its just me

But puting hot glue over a powder charge and a primer doesnt sound safe to me.

I will pass on this one

Quote Originally Posted by Arisaka99 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    Like he posted just dump the shot, should make the bear yelp!!

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

sounds like it would work good to me the hot glue wouldnt be hot enough to set off the powder, but i would put the hot glue in the cup, and let it set a little ,before putting it in the shell so it wont stick to the shell and cause too much pressure . if thats possible

Boolit Mold
    Has any one tryed just dumping a bunch of glue sticks in their bottom pore lead pot you would have lots of heat and lots of flow and when run dry i don't think it would bother the next pot of lead other than smoking a bit.

Boolit Master

Threewheels Glue sticks will burn if they get hot enough and I would hate cleaning the mess out of the pot.
    I think if I was going to shoot at bears I would hot melt the shot together in the wad Bear tastes good after all.
    I am not sure of your states line between game and vermin but when they are a nuisance vermin control may be safer than ticking off the wrong bear. And a freezer of meat is not a bad by product.

This thread is old but fascinating. Upon finding it I read every post.

I used to do bodygaurd and private soldier work, we always were on the lookout for training aids and techniques.

For shotguns we simply took a fired case, cut the crimp off, primed it, and seated a shot cup backwards so the petals act like a shuttlecock. Plenty accurate at short ranges, good for dogs, and small critter pests. WHile doing disarming drills I caught one of these on the forearm from a 12" pump gun at about 3" range, hurt a bit and it left a neat circular welt very much like a paintball does. As an aside, 20 gauge wads work in paintball guns for indoor practice.

I have used wax bullets for years, great for inddor practice as well as shooting oddball calibers (7.62x38r). I have tried rubber bullets but they were pricey and I'm a cheap SOB. We always drilled the cases out for shotgun primers, I seem to recall we used blazer cases for awhile because they were instantly recognizable so wouldn't get mixed in with our normal casings, and as a plus it gives a use for blazers which even as factory bought I found to be as useful as a paper mache bathtub.

When overseas we would reload the shotgun primers with matchheads, useing a blunted nail to tap out the firng pin dent, we layered the white tips in first then filled the cup with the red part. I learned the hard way not to have more than 6 or so match head white parts in a pile at once as they are prone to spontaneous combustion, I was several feet away from a mass made from 30 or so matchheads I had mushed up when suddenly they ignited making an impressive column of fire and smoke and a nasty burn in the table top.

Now I'm going to switch to hot glue, I have an old brass mold that casts one round ball and one conical (I presume for BP) This mold will now be my dedicated glue mold for my 1911.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dcp View Post
    Wow

Maybe its just me

But puting hot glue over a powder charge and a primer doesnt sound safe to me.

I will pass on this one

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Yes this would be the safe way.

Quote Originally Posted by delmar View Post
    If you just go back two pages, you can see the slugs I made by putting hot glue in 12 ga wads. Once you let them cool you can load them over powder.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Buddy

Damn! I have been wasting my time sniffing glue.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast