WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad DataReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: Picked up a used Rock Chucker today.

Boolit Man

Picked up a used Rock Chucker today.

Walked into the local range/gun shop to get some tumbling media and they had a RC in a moldy box for $35.00. When I got it home I found out the shell holder clip spring is missing, but it looks like the press was never used (the nut for the handle and other primer adapter with a couple screws were still in the sealed bag). I think I'll use an o-ring on it like I'm doing on the Redding big boss press. Now I just need to find room for it and the All American.

Boolit Master

Billairgun
    good deal ,since your going all single stage ill buy the all american------ yeah rite .
    i know if i ever get another one i wont trade it for nuttin dis time no matter what!!!!
    i bought a tmag but it aint the same.

GP100man

Boolit Bub
    Good deal. That is a very good price on a RC.
    Nice to know somebody gets the good deals.

Boolit Master
    Call RCBS's Customer Service, they will have a replacement shell holder spring to you within a week. At least they did for me.

I think RCBS stuff is over priced (we really pay for all them replacement items when we first buy the tools!) but it's nice when you need parts.

Boolit Master

RCBS is a good company, but I lucked up about 4 months ago and got a Lee Classic Cast for 30 bucks out of the back of a guys truck. It was never used or mounted. I really enjoy it. It sits next to my Rock Chucker and gets used for Pistol ammo.

Boolit Man
    Went back in today and bought a Redding #3 powder measure for $20.00( no cap and the plastic tube is starting to go around the screw holes). I'll have to see if Redding sells parts. On the press I kind of like having the shell holder float so the shell will self center.

Thumbs up

Thats a great deal. your a Lucky Man

Boolit Man
    I think Ill have to stop by this place once a week or so. Stoped in again today and bought a rifle micrometer for the powder measure $5.00(it only came with the pistol one) and a Lyman 401043AV with a bit of surface rust in the mold $20.00

Quote Originally Posted by Billairgun View Post
    Went back in today and bought a Redding #3 powder measure for $20.00( no cap and the plastic tube is starting to go around the screw holes). I'll have to see if Redding sells parts.
    Sinclair International (www.sinclairintl.com) makes powder bottles to replace factory reservoirs and they are a lot more durable than the orignal factory tubes.