Load DataReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxSnyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Wideners

Thread: Help-Info on Scheider & Glassick cap-ball revolver needed

Boolit Bub

Help-Info on Scheider & Glassick cap-ball revolver needed

A friend has one, looks to be 36cal, all numbers match, #74 on all parts. He is woundering how to get a value on it. It says it was made in Memphis Tenn, I have a couple pics I can e-mail to anyone who knows about these. He is in the coldwater MI area.Thanks

Boolit Grand Master
    Chances are, it's a fake. There are only 3 known original Schneider and Glassick revolvers in existence. Serial numbers are reportedly 12, 6, and 23. Total production is unknown, but the highest estimate that I have read is 50-55. Two of the survivors are brass frame Colt 1851 Navy clones with octagon barrels, while the third is steel framed. A number of fakes have been made, using Italian manufactured replicas, there is a fellow on the internet who has collected something over 17 replicas and fakes.
    High Standard imported a copy that had historically correct markings. Civil War Guns by Wiliam Edwards, 1962 has pictures of the originals and what little is known of of the Short Lived Schneider and Glassick firm.
    As far as value goes, an original would be virtually priceless, in the sense that none have sold for many years, making them rare to the point of uniqueness and consequently impossible to adequately value, though a search of Auction Sites might reveal what other Southern Manufactured Civil War Guns are going for. A replica would be worth a hundred and fifty to 200 dollars. Just looking at the pictures, it would appear that the originals were very poorly fitted. The muzzle-cylinder gap looks as though you'd need a ruler, not a feeler gauge, to measure it.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Bub
    Thanks alot, we figguered it was not a civil war firearm, he was just trying to get a idea on a value, if it is 100.00 or what. It sounds like its what ever a guy is wiling to pay for it. Thanks