Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyWideners
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: Camp Perry

Boolit Buddy

Camp Perry

Anyone making plans to attend Camp Perry this summer?
    Distinguished, Master,2600 club, President 100 badge holder.

Boolit Buddy
    I guess the traffic will be light.
    Distinguished, Master,2600 club, President 100 badge holder.

Moderator Emeritus
    I missed the National Matches the past couple years but hope to get there again this year. Will shoot most of the week.

Boolit Buddy
    Hoping to get to shoot the Vintiage Rifle Match or at least the Garand Match. Time will tell.
    Got-R-Did.

Boolit Master
    I may, went last two years, Depends if I leg out before hand (need 4 pts). Last year I finished 4th in the springfield match, missed the 100 by 3-4 pts, and did pretty well in Hearst Doubles with a pick up guy from the Navy Team.
    I love the games matches btw, best thing the cmp ever did.

Boolit Buddy
    I'll be there.....and, like akajun, hopefully to get my D.R. Badge pinned on me. I was hoping to sweet-talk Sheri Gallagher into pinning it on me, but she may be tied up with the Golden Knights this year.

Boolit Master
    Does anyone have experience working at the matches ? I've thought of signing up for a week, since I live just a couple of hours south.

Quote Originally Posted by FredBuddy View Post
    Does anyone have experience working at the matches ? I've thought of signing up for a week, since I live just a couple of hours south.
    http://competitions.nra.org/nra-volunteers.aspx
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master
    Thanks, WILCO.

Boolit Master
    I've always wanted to go, but don't want to make the trip by myself. Anyone from Michigan plan on going?

Boolit Mold
    Attended the EIC school, Shot the Presidents, National Trophy, Vintage Springfield, Fun but makes for long days.

I was up there and went through venders row.My pal and his son got a couple SAI M1A receivers (cosmetic seconds) for $250. and with the purchase of a barrel SA assembled the barreled action at no cost. They both ended up with the 18" barreled setup for around $900. each.
    I tried but cannot even get into prone position. I can do the fat boy sitting position. Mebbe next year.
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

What's camp Perry I'm 14 and yeah

Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderMilitia View Post
    What's camp Perry I'm 14 and yeah
    http://www.odcmp.com/

Spend about a week reading all about it. The National Rifle Championships have been held here forever.
    J
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

I finally went to my first NRA annual meeting this year, and, I found out they take volunteers to help run the matches at Camp Perry. I am contemplating trying to make the trip next year. What a shame to have missed it all this time.
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw, haw, a haw.
    A haw, haw, haw

I live about 100 miles from Camp Perry, I've always wanted to shoot my US Model of 1917 in a match... I've never been to a public range, could be an eye opening experience.

Boolit Master

I confirmed the week off unless something else comes up ( it has the last 2 years) so I plan to make the 2014 trip.

@Crusader Militia: it is the Mecca of pistol and rifle shooters. 2014 will see the small bore folks competing in Indiana rather than at Camp Perry. Google Camp Perry to see the history of the national matches, it is pretty amazing stuff.

@FredBuddy: volunteers are definitely the grease that makes the National Matches run. The housing and meals are on site and there is a tax break. The good news: you meet folks from all over the world and from many generations of shooting enthusiasts. The bad news: you pay up front for the deduction later. Hope to see you there.

@HistoricFirearms: I have shot next to folks from MI, and shares a hut with folks form TN, WA and MO. Check with your state association since they may sponsor teams at the national matches and have contacts for you.

See all y'all at Camp Perry.

DRNurse1

Education is one thing you can give away freely while suffering no personal loss and likely increasing one's own knowledge.

Properly vetted source information prevents GIGO, the scourge of the internet.

Boolit Grand Master

I went both weeks CMP, NRA and long range for almost 25 years as a competitor. I made High master both accross the coarse and long range just before the MS took me out. Now even walking comercial row is and visiting is a big chore for me.

I will be heading to Camp Perry during the Games this year. I hope to shoot in the Vintage match. I've been there for Modern Sporting Rifle Clinics held by CMP and Ohio Rifle and Pistol Association. I will be heading up for the Pistol Pop Up Shoot sponsored by ORPA and FoCP (Friends of Camp Perry) Saturday, April 19th, 2014. Fun stuff!
    Snow, Cold, Rain? Perfect weather for the range! Nobody's there!