Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Load DataRepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Lee Precision

Thread: Manage attachments

Boolit Master

Manage attachments

I cannot figure out how to delete pictures from my attachment files. I have deleted the pictures from my hard drive as well as my picture files on Castboolets but when I click the manage attachment option all the pictures I have posted before reappear. I can't get rid of them. Could someone clue me in. Thanks
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

I went to User CP >
    at bottom left click Attachments >
    checked the box for the item to delete >
    clicked the button and chose delete.

removed it for me.
    Casting, Reloading & Shooting

Boolit Master
    trynTo, I guess I didn't make my problem clear. As I said in my thread, I cleared my attachment file as well as my computer picture file, however when I want to post pictures the deleted pictures reappear. I just tried it and there was every picture I have posted since the new foremat.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master
    I seem to be having a similar problem.

When I click on the paperclip icon (Attachments) under the go advanced reply tools it opens up the Manage Attachments window.

The Manage Attachments window shows me all the pictures that I have used recently with the Insert Image tool (tree picture in a box icon), including ones in my old photo album, older forum uploads, and pictures that I have recently added in the past couple of days via uploads, including ones that I did not add to any posts.

There is a tool tip inside the Manage Attachments window that reads: Uploads not utilized within one hour will be deleted - However I have pictures in there that have not been utilized, and are a day older, or more. I suspect that when you delete them from the bottom section (using the X) that the image is supposed to simply poof after an hour, but that function does not appear to be working at the moment.

While that is likely the problem, I have tried lots of other things just in case.

I can sort the pictures, select them, check asset usage, hover them, and get a larger than thumbnail image. I can even drag them into the lower area to insert them into a new post. I can press the X button while the image is in the lower area and remove them from a post, and drag an unused image to the bottom area which reads 2. Drag previously uploaded files into this area to attach them. Press the X and a tool tip appears asking "Are you sure you wish to delete these assets?" Deleting the picture there, only seems to remove it from your post, but not from the Manage Attachments section, even after an hour, or a day or more.

I can not seem to find a way to permanently remove unwanted images from the Manage Attachments window section. Since those newer pictures do not also show up in my user control panel, or in my picture albums the other methods of removing them don't seem to work.

Is there meant to be another delete tool somewhere, that is not loaded, or I am just missing it ? I thought perhaps it is off the screen, but I can't find one either full screen, or windowed. It isn't covered by an add either. I am using Firefox 16 with an add blocker installed, and I am operating at 1024x768 resolution. Selecting the photo, and pressing the delete key on the keyboard also doesn't work, nor do any combination of right or left clicks.

It is not a problem yet, but it could be down the road perhaps.

Any suggestions?

- Bullwolf

Boolit Master
    Bullwolf, I have tried all the things that you did with the same results. Perhaps someone can set us straight. Thanks for your input.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by GOPHER SLAYER View Post
    Bullwolf, I have tried all the things that you did with the same results. Perhaps someone can set us straight. Thanks for your input.
    4 yrs later the problem still exist for me. Is there a fix?
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

I to have this same problem, I am using a iPad and all pics that I have posted are in the files and now it is full and cannot post anything new. There just does not seem to be a way of deleting any of the old pics ?