Load DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackboxWideners
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2

Thread: Core Mold

Boolit Man

Core Mold

I shoot black powder cartridge and swag my bullets. I have been looking for a good adjustable core mold and came up empty. I called the machinist in Michigan who made my press and described what I was looking for. It came yesterday and I thought it would be nice to share. This mold is completely adjustable. Each cavity can be set at a different weight, or all can be set at the same weight. It will make cores for both .45 caliber and .50 caliber bullets. I plan on making cores that will weigh .420 grains and .473 grains. I shoot paper patch bullets and this mold will make my life easier. Anyway, here are a couple of pictures of the newly designed mould. Oh yes, it is six cavity and uses Lee six cavit handlwe..

Alan

Boolit Buddy
    Nice.

Boolit Man

Core Mold

Nice set up.

Boolit Buddy
    I am in the market for an adjustable core mold in .310 size. Do you mind sharing the cost of your new mold and the contact info for the machinist who made it? Also, have you used it yet and how does it work? Thanks...

Boolit Master

That man is an artist!

Boolit Man
    Yesterday I went out and made up another 350 cores these are for a heavier target bullet. Tim from Michigan is making the swaging dies for me. I sent him a cast bullet I had and he is going create the dies off of it. The core mold really works great just prep it like you would a Lee 6 cavity mold. The cost for the core mold is $130.00 plus modest shipping.

Alan

Boolit Buddy
    Alan,
    I am very glad you are enjoying the core mold. I will be trying to get to your die by the end of the year. If anybody else is interested in anything let me know. Here is a link to my products http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ith-auto-eject
    Thank You,
    Tim (U.P. North)