Load DataSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxWideners
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All most got my piece of Heaven on earth

Thonotosassa, Florida/ Pensacola, N. Carolina
    Congrats!!! The American dream for you. When you build the cabin, make sure you have plenty of storage space, closets. There is never enough room for all the stuff that gets accumulated.
    "The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man -- and give some back."
    Al Swearengen, from "Deadwood"

Will a 24x24 basement work for this? Clint

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by clintsfolly View Post
    Will a 24x24 basement work for this? Clint
    My research indicated that 28x32 (finished cabin size) was the average that other people wound up with (after add-ons). There was not one cabin (out of 16) on the lake that wound up as less!
    R.D.M.

Thinking a 24x24 with 12x24 3 season one bedroom and full bath down and with one bedroom and a 8x24 loft upstairs. On paper looks like one queen and 4 full beds. 12x24 for kitchen, dinning and wood stove with the 12x24 3season for living and a small wood pile. the 24x24 basement for storage and what not. Am thinking of a wood or propane furnace in the basement for real cold times and to dry hunting stuff. The first thing to build is going to be a 12x16 shed for storage of chainsaws ,atv ,yard tools, lawn chairs, camping gear and to hang the inevitable deer or two. Clint

Have not updated this for a while. Have got the survey done and laid out the power panel and shed. Got the power line cleared,panel installed and payed for the install of the line. Got the hand pump installed and working. Cold clear water but still have to test it but have the kit and will the next trip. Have been working in the back yard and have a prefabbed 12x16 shed with a barn style roof. This style of roof will give my a 12x16 storage area up stairs. Was able to hit craiglist and bargain barns finding good deal on shingles,windows, siding and some lumber. At this time the plan is to haul it up and install in a few weeks. Has been very rewarding to have family and friends ask if they can help me raise it. That weekend I want to raise the walls,roof,shingle,set windows and if we have time start the siding. Hope to have it closed in before deer season as ALL thing stop for deer season but may get to work on it at night and after I get my deer. This will get it set for winter and give me all winter to regroup my funds. A hint for all have 2-3 time the money you think you need!! Hope to post pictures of it soon. Clint

Thanks for the update Clint. Always good to hear of someone winning!
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Not sure if I am winning but having FUN trying to get it done! Am still shocked at some prices as I have not been building for many yrs. Got out my framing nailer and my friend that sells tools said that if I want to sell it his boss will want it for his vintage tool display!! Still having fun Clint

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12