Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Wideners
Snyders JerkyLoad DataLee PrecisionRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walnut Hill Press

Boolit Buddy

Walnut Hill Press

Does Richard Corbin's WH Press use 'S' dies???

No his presses use his own die type, M ,S and H dies are all for Dave Corbins presses.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JRLesan View Post
    Does Richard Corbin's WH Press use 'S' dies???
    No, but he does make an adapter for his press to use M and S dies though.

Boolit Buddy
    I suppose I should have stated that I have a CSP-1 Corbin press from the 90's and do Richard Corbin's current dies fit the Dave and Richard (in business together) CSP-1 press. Richard's prices on everything seem to be noticeably lower and I need to order a set in .351 from one or the other of the brothers.

Boolit Master

RCE's dies don't fit his brothers or vice versa. Richard will make dies that fit his brothers press.
    "The right of the people to keep and bear...arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country..." (James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434 [June 8, 1789])

Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.
    Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Buddy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0037.JPG 
Views:	198 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	49677 this is a what you need to adapted s dies to a walnut press, the one on the right is for the die and the left one is for the punch holder.
    Last edited by rbt50; 11-15-2012 at 02:24 AM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rbt50 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0037.JPG 
Views:	198 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	49677 this is a what you need to adapted s dies to a walnut press, the one on the right is for the die and the left one is for the punch holder.
    you also need the punch adapters.

Boolit Buddy
    Since posting my original question, I have spoken with Richard and learned of the adapter set available to allow 'S' dies to work in the Walnut Hill press. His advice as to new dies was to sell my CSP-1 and purchase the Walnut Hill press and his dies for the new caliber (which I need/want) which is certainly an option. Let me say I have 'S' dies already for my CSP-1 press and I need to be able to use them so the adapter bushings would be a minimal ($45.00) expense.

His die sets, jackets and etc are lower priced than David Corbins which is appealing and I do not doubt the quality. What say you all who are familiar with both presses and die sets? Is Richard a one man operation since splitting with his brother? Both brothers have to be getting close to traditional retirement age and won't go on for ever. I'm not young myself, but I hope to keep playing with this stuff for another few years and I don't want to paint myself into a corner with soon to be obsolete equipment. Comments????

Boolit Master

Richard with RCE is top notch. He's a great guy to work with and is very helpful when you need help. His lower prices are just a bonus. I have his walnut hill press and dies and I am very happy. No complaints.
    "The right of the people to keep and bear...arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country..." (James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434 [June 8, 1789])

Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.
    Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Master

Yes Richard is a one man show. And yes he is not getting any younger. I asked him how long he thought he would be in the business, his answer was he felt that he would do this until he died. We aren't given any guarantees as to how long we will walk this earth so I suppose that is a risk and I have to admit one i weighed myself. His prices are lower his quality is as good or better than his brothers and wait time is not as long. But depending on what you order from Richard you may have to wait. Still I waited over 2 years for a check maker from Dave Corbin until I finally gave up and bought one from Pat Marlin. Personally if it were me and I already had the dies I would send them to Richard and have him make internal punches to make them work on a new walnut hill press. Then any new dies I purchased would be Walnut hill dies. Walnut hill dies allow you a lot more flexibility on the lead you use for cores as they can take harder alloys that the M and S dies cant. Still I would not try to use wheel weights for cores.

Boolit Master

B.T. Sniper makes what looks like good stuff, but it's all to fit a standard reloading press. The automatic ejector looks klunky.
    My hands are big and fat, sorry B.T. the elegence of Corbin style presses and dies beat the ease and economy of using beefed up Lee presses.

With 2 Series II and one silver Corbin press purchased from an estate laying around, much soul searching on my part, I sent Richard Corbin enough funds to purchase a walnut hill press, core seat die, point form die, and .22 mag-.243 jacket maker die.
    He said shipping would probably be within one-two weeks of reciving funds.
    The check hit the mail 11-7- 2012.

I have Lafaun's lead extrusion die, and core uniform die.

Really have a hard time not standing on the road waving down the UPS guy, and asking where my stuff is...it almost like waiting for Santa Claus with no idea of the date..
    It's only been nine days, easy boy, easy.........
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Boolit Master

It almost like an expectant father waiting for his first born...... I felt the same way after I ordered my press from Richard. Seemed like FOREVER!!

Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Mold
    Does anyone have any long-term feedback on these Walnut Hill presses?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ezana4CE View Post
    Does anyone have any long-term feedback on these Walnut Hill presses?
    It will last longer than you will be alive. Massive machine with plenty of leverage to swage most bullets and also works as a reloading press.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by DDriller View Post
    It will last longer than you will be alive. Massive machine with plenty of leverage to swage most bullets and also works as a reloading press.
    DDriller Thank you. I keep hearing about David Corbin's presses, but I don't hear much about the Walnut Hills. How are Richard's dies?

Boolit Buddy
    12 years later and the WH press and RCE dies that I have purchased over the years are still 'good as new' and going strong...

Boolit Master
    Richard makes excellent products, but I do believe he is a one man shop. Dave has recently? sold his business. It is still running along though.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by JRLesan View Post
    12 years later and the WH press and RCE dies that I have purchased over the years are still 'good as new' and going strong...
    JRLesan Thank you for your feedback. That's reassuring.

Boolit Buddy
    Both Richard and his brother David (who by the way sold his swage die company and is no longer making dies. The new owners are working to clear the backlog and revamp their systems)
    I have had both the walnut hill and S press and both work great and are very strong and should last forever. The reason I got the WH press was to do 50 cal bullets. I have also used the S die adapters in the WH press which adds to the versatility of that press.

Boolit Mold
    I have been in communication with Richard. Thank you to all who replied.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast