MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad DataTitan Reloading
WidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2Repackbox
Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Mihec 10mm - 200gr WFN / .40s&w - 180gr HP, 4-cavity, Brass

Boolit Master
    So I made up some dummy rounds real quick just to test loading and feeding reliability in my G20. I loaded right at SAAMI spec 1.260" for 10mm and I was only able to get 14/15 into the mag. They all fed fine cycling the slide.

Recovering the ejected rounds, the thin rim of the shsllow hp held up fine and showed no signs of deformation in spite of my very soft alloy. The very tip of the rim showed abrasion from riding the front wall of the magazine.

I'm thinking this boolit is best loaded to 1.250" for best reliability. That's not to shabby considering during the design phase we knew we were bumping right up against the maximum meplate size for the G20. Looks to me like we nailed it right on the money.

I'll test 40sw in the G23 later today.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for the info Oreo...

I'm patiently waitinh for .40 tests

Sent from rotary phone.
    S.F.4.L

Boolit Buddy
    No mold again today. And another package I had coming from in state has not shown up for 2 days. Starting to think USPS is all kinds of messed up right now.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by ctious View Post
    No mold again today. And another package I had coming from in state has not shown up for 2 days. Starting to think USPS is all kinds of messed up right now.
    I think international shipments might come in via the NY area. My 452-200 mold came in just after Sandy, and my package was wet and the box was badly beaten up.

I'm off today and was hoping that today was the day, but all she delivered was junk mail.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Buddy
    No mold again. But the one package from 180 miles away finally got here after 3 days.

Boolit Buddy
    Got mine today...

Sent from rotary phone.
    S.F.4.L

Boolit Master
    I received the last mold of my order today. The rest of you guys should see them maybe tomorrow.

Ctious, how them boolits I sent look? Tracking says package delivered.

Boolit Buddy
    They look great. The shallow hp even looks better in person. I will have them all loaded up in about 3 hours. I hope. If the kids behave. Lol. I am excited to pound one into a deer tomorrow. Thanks again. If all goes well I will have a string of pics tomorrow night.

Boolit Buddy
    Here are some loaded rounds. 1.251. 10.4 800x. 190gr with lube. Knowing other loads I have I am guessing this one should run around 1400 out of my 6 in barrel.

Did have the lip deform a lil bit in the sizer. But nothing to worry about. Just pit the shine in it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FB_IMG_13531085945139189.jpg  

Boolit Buddy
    All 15 in the mag. Cycle fine. 3 mags ready to go. Deer are in trouble.

Boolit Master
    You go get'em ctious!! Best of luck to ya man. Let us know how it goes.

ETA: 1400fps! Yowza! Keep an eye out for leading in the barrel. I'm not sure how tough that alloy is.

Boolit Master

Them are nice looking boolits!!!
    Good luck on the hunt.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
    You go get'em ctious!! Best of luck to ya man. Let us know how it goes.

ETA: 1400fps! Yowza! Keep an eye out for leading in the barrel. I'm not sure how tough that alloy is.
    Yeah leading is a concern with the softer alloy. But shots will be close tomorrow. Under 40 yards. So we will see what happens. Hoping my mold shows up tomorrow so I can cast some harder ones.

Either way before I leave after hunting I will shoot a few to see what happens.

Boolit Master
    They work good in a G23.

I just finished making 15 dummy rounds to test in 40s&w. They were 1.122" - 1.125", and loaded / cycled flawlessly in both 13 and 15 (g22) round mags.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
    They work good in a G23.

I just finished making 15 dummy rounds to test in 40s&w. They were 1.122" - 1.125", and loaded / cycled flawlessly in both 13 and 15 (g22) round mags.
    That is the Glock my Son has, mine is a G22 and the "WHY" I got this mold, this is great news!!!
    Thanks Oreo
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by ctious View Post
    All 15 in the mag. Cycle fine. 3 mags ready to go. Deer are in trouble.
    good luck on your hunt, and please take pics of whatever you shoot. I wanna see what those bullets do.

Boolit Master
    Something else I noticed, I've been hoping for, the pins are interchangeable between the 200gr and 190gr molds. That won't matter to most of you guys but it means I have four long pins that I can experiment with reshaping.

Boolit Buddy
    There will be lots of pics. I will go internal with pics to try to show all the damage.

Boolit Buddy
    So I learned that putting your uncle by u so he can shoot a deer was a mistake. He scared 2 that were coming rightt.me. I don't think he understands how important it is I shoot one. Lol. Ok back to hunting.

Boolit Buddy
    Monster. At 150 yards. Not within pistol range.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast