Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Mihec 10mm - 200gr WFN / .40s&w - 180gr HP, 4-cavity, Brass

Boolit Man

Quote Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
    I just sent this PM to MiHec:
    I'm looking forward to seeing the 220.

Boolit Buddy
    The end of the cattle drive in "The Cowboys"
    I'd be in for option #2 per the PM that oreo sent.

Boolit Master
    I take a 220
    See Some of My Holster Work Here:
    www.whitetigerleatherworks.com

Boolit Master
    I would like to buy one of these. If someone would like to sell it. Please contact me. Thanks

Boolit Master
    I actually want the 200 / 180 with all pins, etc.

Boolit Buddy
    Miha is awesome but the popularity of this bullet kind of demands a different method of sale than periodic group buys, I wonder if noe couldn't be approached for the job, they do a great job of keeping inventory on hand, I've started going to them for all my needs. Also my last purchase I asked for one to be blown out a little bit in diameter and lube grooves knocked off and they made the changes gratis and shipped out within a week. That might not be normal for them to be able to comply with but I thought it was exceptional customer service. Just having items inventoried is huge though.

Boolit Master
    The blueprints are available for anyone to have a made to order mold cut by those who will. I run the MiHec group buys because that's how MiHec does business and there are some features that only MiHec offers for a price within reach of most folks.

I keep seeing this thread pop up, so I thought I'd share some expansion test results from this past weekend with this bullet.

I have the 200gr mold, and fire it from my 6.6" longslide at 1,350 fps, and from my factory Glock 10mm barrel at 1,220 fps. I mostly use the shallow hollow point, as the bullets in these pics are. These are ACWW.

Cast from this alloy, I think the factory barrel at 1220 fps is a bit slow for this shallow hollow point, but it's just about perfect for the longslide. Penetration was very good with both, at least 1.5x more than my warm 9mm and 45 Auto loads, and the "wound cavity" in the wet paper was large enough to put my hand into.

Left to right:
    9mm Gold Dot 124gr @ 1300 fps - Mihec 200gr @ 1220 fps - Mihec 200gr @ 1350 fps (x2) - Mihec bullet - loaded 10mm

Boolit Master
    Excellent pic yondering. Thanks for sharing!

Looks like you've got this one really dialed in perfectly.

Boolit Master

Yes, thanks for sharing, this boolit is my fav for our 40 S&W Glocks.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RED333 View Post
    Yes, thanks for sharing, this boolit is my fav for our 40 S&W Glocks.
    I highly recommend the deep hollow point for the 40; the shallow hollow point won't give you much expansion unless you cast it really soft. The deep hollow point has a slight accuracy advantage as well, in my experience.

Boolit Master
    Which is why I did not include the shallow hp pins with the <=170gr versions tailored more for the 40sw, and instead went with an intermediate depth penta design. I do wonder though if the 200gr/190gr wouldn't be better paired with the shallow and intermediate penta, and the 170gr/150gr paired with deep cone that came with the 200/190 molds

Boolit Master

I should have posted that I only use the deeper HP pin.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

The penta design really doesn't do anything more than the round pins, other than looking cool. If you want a hollow point that splits into segments reliably, use a 3 sided pin.

Boolit Master
    The important difference of the penta design is that it's not as deep as the deep cone that came with the 200gr/190gr molds.

Boolit Buddy
    Why 401 instead of 402 without lube grooves? I use hi-tek and works great when I size down to 401. Just asking.

Boolit Master
    MiHec cuts on the outer edge of the spec., so .403 was actually .4035 and that's a lot to size down unless you really need it that big. So I reduced the spec overall to .402 (probably .4025 from MiHec), and a thousandth less for powder coat because the powder coat adds at least that much back. Make sense? Or am I doing something wrong?

Unless you have a bore ride section to be concerned about (not on this bullet), it's not necessary or desirable to spec the mold smaller for powder coating. Powder coating does best when it gets squeezed a bit in the sizer die, leaving a smooth polished surface after passing through the sizer. Even if the mold dropped at .404, adding powder coating wouldn't be too much to size down.

Boolit Master
    Ok, but at .403 after pc, that should be plenty for most folks to iron out in the sizer die right? No need to make the job harder then it has to be.

Just to clarify, I'm not trying to be argumentative. I'm just trying to fully understand. I want the boolit to be right even if it means I'm wrong.

.403 should be plenty for most folks, although a Beretta 96 I owned had a .403+ bore.

Personally, I'd always prefer to size down a few thousandths, than to have a mold drop a nominally optimum size, because the sized down bullets are more consistent diameter. I've never seen an issue with sizing down a bunch, even 4-5 thousandths is no big deal, if you do it right.

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031 LastLast