Thread: Mihec 10mm - 200gr WFN / .40s&w - 180gr HP, 4-cavity, Brass

Boolit Master
    Good luck on the bear!
    See Some of My Holster Work Here:
    www.whitetigerleatherworks.com

Boolit Master
    It seems only right that I be the one to post a family photo:

Boolit Master
    Hey guys, please check out my thread in the discussion section about what group buy to do next. I'm considering all kinds of variants to this WFN profile but I'm open to making a whole new design too. Link to discussion thread.

Boolit Master
    Has anyone found that a gas check would be helpful on this design? I'm contemplating a 220gr version and wondering whether to make it a gas check base. All input is welcome.
    Thanks

Boolit Buddy
    Well wed bear season starts. Taking the 10mm. And the shp 200gr. But I am starting to reconsider it. I have 2 bears that are well over 500 lbs coming in. Not sure I feel confident with the 10mm to make a clean kill.

I will be running a go pro. So hopefully I will have some vids to post next week.

Boolit Master

Good luck and be safe
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ctious View Post
    Well wed bear season starts. Taking the 10mm. And the shp 200gr. But I am starting to reconsider it. I have 2 bears that are well over 500 lbs coming in. Not sure I feel confident with the 10mm to make a clean kill.

I will be running a go pro. So hopefully I will have some vids to post next week.
    Not that it's the same thing but i have punched that same boolit completely thru 2 300+ pound hogs so far and it had no problems traveling in a strait line and this was at 1100FPS I know you run your faster so I'd bet ya lunch you won't have an issue

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by harley45 View Post
    Not that it's the same thing but i have punched that same boolit completely thru 2 300+ pound hogs so far and it had no problems traveling in a strait line and this was at 1100FPS I know you run your faster so I'd bet ya lunch you won't have an issue

My confidence has been going up all day about it. I guess I was just worried that I could hit one and lose it. But after looking at pics from deer I have shot so far. I feel good about it.

Boolit Master
    Any chance of getting significantly more penetration (less expansion) at modest speeds and less penetration (more expansion) at maximum speeds? Might be worth some testing prior to the hunt. Maybe track down Mr. Andrew Wiggin to see if he's willing to help.

Boolit Buddy
    I actually have tested this a lot. I have hardened up my alloys to do just that. My boolits don't mushroom like the first few deer did. Anymore. They just turn to a flat at the front. Avg about .43 dia. Last year I sent 2 different shots through deer end to end and passed through. That is a lot of penetration. 40 plus inchs of deer. Also shot one through both shoulders thick of the bones. No problem going through all that either. I think I will be good.

Boolit Master
    I'm perfectly willing to bet your hide it will work, hope to hear from you soon

Boolit Master
    Ha!

Boolit Master
    Oh no worries I'm going to do it to but since I have to travel an pay for a black bear hunt I'm waiting a couple years, life is tough when your starting your own businesses!

Boolit Buddy
    Well they must have put a new tower up. I have service.

Baits look good. Wed it opens. So hope to b posting I got one wed night haha.

Boolit Buddy
    No bears yet boys. Seems that while I hunt one stand they are on the other. Lol.

Boolit Master
    That's how last years deer season went for us!

Boolit Buddy
    Shot a bear last night. Pass through. Found bullet. Blood was great for 15 yards. Then stopped. Been looking but not finding anything. Into super thick stuff now. Not looking good.

If anyone knows of tracking dog in the black river falls area of Wisconsin let me know.

Boolit Master

Good luck in finding your bear, it has to be there some where.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Boolit Buddy
    Never found it. Sad. Depressed. But it happens.

Boolit Master

Sorry to hear, it wont go to waste, it will feed the wild life as time goes by.
    Wishing ya better luck on the next hunt.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    I AM A REDNECK!!!

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast