WidenersInline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
PBcastcoLee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Mihec 10mm - 200gr WFN / .40s&w - 180gr HP, 4-cavity, Brass

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by RED333 View Post
    Pics or it did not happen
    Good stuff there, thanks.
    I can take pics of the boolits. I did not take any at the range. But I may hit the range again tomorrow

Boolit Buddy
    Can't wait to see tomorrow's report.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by ctious View Post
    I can take pics of the boolits. I did not take any at the range. But I may hit the range again tomorrow
    No worries, wish I could shoot that good, but all I have
    is a Glock to shoot them, no way I am getting a group
    like that with my pistol.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Boolit Buddy
    Never made it today. But did find a really good way to clean fired brass. Lemon pine sol. A little bit of that and got water. In a tub. Turned a good 600 pieces of brass in the tub. In about 3 mins the brass was very clean and super shiny. No need to tumble. Some of this brass has been sitting 6 months dirty or more. I think you need to have a lot to do it this way. The brass polishes itself. It shiny that new and used brass is hard to tell the differences. Try it out if u have a lot of brass laying around.

Boolit Buddy
    Yesterday I cast about 500 of the shallow HP. I had one cavity, nearest to the handles, that would hang up at the grease groove or base on the block opposite of the HP pins. Otherwise, this is a great mold to cast with and it was a good day.

Boolit Buddy
    Shot 3 deer so far this season with the mold. I have found the perfect mix for me. Great wound channels. And large exit holes. I have 2 of the kills on video.

My mix is range scrap plus lino. 3 to 1. I am throwing these at around 1400fps.

Boolit Buddy
    Where's the link to the video?!?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by lukewmtdew View Post
    Where's the link to the video?!?
    Still have to upload them. My sd slot took a dump today. So as soon as its fixed.

Boolit Master
    Awesome! Congrats on the successful hunt! I can't wait to see the vids ctious.

1400fps from what length barrel? What powder charge were you using? That was the 200gr boolit right?

Boolit Buddy
    Yes the 200 gr. 6in. 9.7 800x. 1.25.

Way over book but no pressure signs and I went up to 10.5 with no signs. But any higher than what I am, I started to get skidding.

I know a 200gr xtp with 10g 800x pressure tests at 38500. So with the cast I believe I am still below max sammi pressure.

Boolit Master
    I have inquired with Eric@hollowpointmolds.com about having the grease grooves removed from one of these molds. My intent is to cast them for powder coating. I want to make up a tray with pins shaped to fit the hollow point cavities so that the groove-less boolits sit nose down on the pins for powder coat application and baking.

Boolit Buddy
    Interesting idea. I thought about messing with that myself. But decided that what I am doing now works great and does everything I want it to.

Boolit Buddy
    On my way out hunting now. Hoping to put another one down today yet.

Boolit Master
    I'm mostly interested so that I can cast a whole bunch and then let them sit for a long time till I get around to loading them without having to worry about a greasy mess or dirty grease. Plus, I've got a few of both the 190gr and the 200gr molds so I can afford to spare one for modification. Oh, and the 200gr without grease grooves can be loaded in 40sw brass to 10mm coal & pressure. I've already got the barrel for that application too.

Boolit Master
    I swear this is the most ecperimented with group buy mold on the board!
    See Some of My Holster Work Here:
    www.whitetigerleatherworks.com

Boolit Master

My son was shooting the other day, with his G23, 50 yrds hitting a 12" steel plate.
    185 gr boolit, tumble lube, sized to .401, 4.5gr Titegroup, hit the plate 12 out of 14 times.
    Now we shoot for fun, in no way are we pros, just having fun.
    The mold makes a GREAT boolit, for the 40S&W or 10mm.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Boolit Master
    Eric@hollowpointmolds.com got back to me. He says $50 to remove the grease grooves, shipping included. I think I'm going to do it.

That will probably bring the 200gr (drops @205gr) up to a 210gr.

Boolit Master
    Hmmmm. Powdercoating this one could be the motivation I need to buy the equipment!
    See Some of My Holster Work Here:
    www.whitetigerleatherworks.com

Boolit Buddy
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KLGAUrO...%3DKLGAUrOFQII

Here is one of the vids. Other is still loading.

Boolit Buddy
    So I am cutting the 2 deer up now. I have to say. I may rethink my alloy. The damage done is almost wasteful. The bollits end to end the deer. Leaving a dammage path that would resemble a super high power big bore rifle.

In testing I was getting the shallow hp to open to around .45 in or so flat. That does way too much damage in these deer. The insides u can almost put your hand through in spots. All rounds went clean through. The one I am working on now I shot facing me at 50 yards. In the brisket. The bullet exited out the back on the hind quarter. Blew apart the whole chest area and the hind it passed through. Between these 2 deer I lost a lot. The one in the vid I shot at 4 times I hit all 4. It's ugly. The first shot would have put it down fast. I should have stopped.

I think I am going to cast them harder. As to not make as much of a wound channel. Being I can't legally use the flats here in Wisconsin.

I would snap pics but its almost wrong to do so. Horror flicks don't even have views like this.

So this design is beyond even what we all expected it to do. It penetrates very deep. And does more dammage than thought. I would not hesitate to take on any animal in north America with it. Even grizz protection. I would use this to hunt moose, elk, buffalo, and anything else short of large African game.

In the end all I and my dad can say is wow.

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast