Titan ReloadingLoad DataReloading EverythingRepackbox
Inline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Rossi rio grande

In Remembrance

Rossi rio grande

Does anyone have any experience with the rio grande.

Very happy with mine, though the hammer fall is lite. I use large pistol primers now wich has solved the broblem for me. Also likes the RCBS 30-180-FN. Very good lite trigger and smooth action.
    Cheers lead foot.

In Remembrance
    There was a guy yesterday had one nib yesterday for 400 bucks. It sounded like a good deal, but wasn't sure. I don't know anyone that has one.

Boolit Master
    Ranch Dog seems satisfied with the one he bought . Also seems it caused him to buy several other Rossi products .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 6pt-sika View Post
    Ranch Dog seems satisfied with the one he bought . Also seems it caused him to buy several other Rossi products .
    Check out his site, links to a Rossi site. Good info, may add a Rossi to the stable based on his experience. They seem a bit plain but I think I can live with that, seems more authentic, actually.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

I've not handled nor shot a Rio Grande in rifle chamberings. I did get one in .410 bore for my FIL about a month ago. Gave $430 for a new one at a dealer who was having a sale. It's a good piece. I have it right now so I can "zero the scope" for him. It's for backyard pest control (squirrels, ground hogs, 'coons). Lots of fun. I want one for myself.

I also have a Rossi 92 in 357 mag. Man, what great fun that one is.
    Jeff

I have one in 45-70 and love it. I actually compared to two other like caliber Marlin guns all new at Bud's and decided on the Rossi due to fit and finish. It was flawless exterior wise as well as the action smooth. When I got it home and broke completely down I found to minor problems a slight burr on the feed ramp and the loading gate was hard to push. Both took a few minutes to smooth out with little work at all. Other than that it was one of the best internally finished guns I've ever owned and that is a lot of them. All I've done since is shoot it and add a Bushnell Banner 1.5 - 4.5 x 32 scope to it using Weaver Quad rings.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rossi Rio Grande 45-70.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	54090
    Joe