Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad Data
RepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Our Town" topics

Moderator Emeritus

"Our Town" topics

Lately there have been many posts here in the "Our Town" section relating to the recent election and politics in general. Please note the rules for this section as stated at the very top of the page:

"Our Town This is the area for general forum Help, Info , Member Prayers and Board Updates. "Our Town" section for our member related issues . New Members please check in here for helpful hints. Off topic/humor/politics goes in off topic, politics. Please put shooting stuff in the shooting areas! Check the Classics and Stickies forum for helpful topics."

Lets try to keep this section of the forum in line with its intended purpose.

Thanks for your help!
    "The worst wheel of the cart makes the most noise." - Benjamin Franklin

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." - Thomas Jefferson

Banned

dean's kinda old.
    carrying all those threads up and down the page is probably killin his knees.
    say hey to teresa from me will ya..

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Dean has a harem now?
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Moderator Emeritus

Now lookee there, who's calling whom old Lamar???

I WILL tell Tammy you said hey though.

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." - Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master
    Getting "old" is head and shoulders above "not getting old" anyhow old is a mind thing think young and be young, think old and be old.
    Frank G.

Banned

jus tryin to get you in a "little" trouble...
    i know how those red heads can get.'''

Banned
    If the man has a harem, he's just getting to be old enough!

Thank you, some of us aren't the least interested in anyone's politics, and dragging politics into a non-political discussion is extremely bad manners, according to Dad.

And if you piss him off, and he rises from his grave, I won't be able to help you.

Moderator Emeritus

A bump as a reminder.

Off topic/humor/politics goes in off topic, politics. Please put shooting stuff in the shooting areas! Check the Classics and Stickies forum for helpful topics."

Why don't I see a forum and /or sub-forum for "off topic/politics"? I have looked in the Classics and Stickies forum but also see nothing re; this.

Thanks
    "As democracy is perfected, the office of the Presidency represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." H.L. Mencken Baltimore Evening Sun, 26 July 1920

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the Public with the Public's money". Alexis de Tocqueville 1835

Moderator Emeritus

You do need to have a minimum of 25 posts and be a member for 30 days to have access to those sections. I can see this has caused a lot of posts here in Our Town by newer members. It does not take long to get your 25 posts in to have access to those areas though.

Our main reason for trying to keep this area clear of current event/political threads is so our members have a place they can share events directly involving the forum, themselves or other members. With all the current event threads lately it has drown out these type threads.

I hope everyone understands our intent.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Dean, has anyone ever told you, you are a COB?
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Moderator Emeritus

Yup, the one and only original!

Banned

there's an upgrade from bob to cob?

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    Our secret sections you don't even know exist. I can't wait until I get to 3,000 posts to get to the really good sections!

Just upping my post count to get there sooner. Just imagine the access Waksupi has.
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

Boolit Master

I hope everyone understands our intent.
    Yes, and I appreciate the way you guys do it here also. Quietly moving a thread to "politics", with a polite reminder that it goes there and not here, is the nicest way I've seen it done. Some gun forums strictly ban politics completely, in hopes of avoiding offense towards their more, uh, leftward leaning members.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    Our secret sections you don't even know exist. I can't wait until I get to 3,000 posts to get to the really good sections!

Just upping my post count to get there sooner. Just imagine the access Waksupi has.
    Dang 3000, I can't wait
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    Dean, has anyone ever told you, you are a COB?
    Does that have anything to do with corn???

Boolit Master

Until a thread I was following got moved to the politics forum, I didn't know it existed. It's way down at the bottom of the forum list, I never go that "deep" on the list.

But, I'll obey the wishes of the mods. I agree that those threads don't belong here on our town.

I also agree that preventing a new member from posting a troll-like answer on the political forum is a great idea. 25 posts gives them a time to get a feel for what/who we are. Many thanks for the awesome job done here by our moderators!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

“At the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat”--Theodore Roosevelt

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by 41 mag fan View Post
    Does that have anything to do with corn???
    Nice try, but not quite. 45Nut uses "BOB" which stands for "Bitter Old Bast***", I told him I wasn't bitter, just crazy...hence "COB".

Thats the history lesson for today.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dean D. View Post
    Nice try, but not quite. 45Nut uses "BOB" which stands for "Bitter Old Bast***", I told him I wasn't bitter, just crazy...hence "COB".

Thats the history lesson for today.
    Aha..i knew it was still true i could learn something new every day!!