Reloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
RepackboxLee PrecisionWidenersInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How many yrs. of experience is here?

Boolit Grand Master

How many yrs. of experience is here?

I can't count the times I've seen someone post about how much knowledge and experience there is on this forum. I got to wonderin' the other day how that could be determined. Well, I've come up with another one of my wild, hair-brained ideas.

I'm gonna start by simply posting how many years I've been at this casting and loading stuff. The next guy posts his number of years, adds it to mine and shows the total. The next guy takes the second guy's total, does the same thing and so on. I'd be real curious to see where this goes.

Nothin' wrong with addin' comments, that would only serve to make the thread a bit more interesting in my opinion. Y'all game to try this? Your figure should show years of experience in casting, loading, swaging, etc.. I DID NOT include my years of shooting, just years in casting and loading.

EXAMPLE:

Jim- 30

second poster- 25

30 + 25 = 55

Third poster- 35

55 + 35 = 90

Clear as mud?

Here's my entry- 30 YEARS

I might be dating myself, but 37 yrs

30+37=67

Boolit Master

28 years.
    67+28=95
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master

Castingfor 48 years - but knowing what I'm doing, casting, only 4 - so 67+4=71

Reloading - 48+67=115
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master
    143+19= 162

OK I think I got it back on track

Boolit Grand Master
    Careful, guys. Let's keep this simple so it doesn't get confusing and go askew. Looks to me like we're gonna go way past a millenia before this is done.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    We had a thread on this a few years ago, the numbers were getting astronomical, with even a very small percentage of total members adding in the years. I bet it is easily over 100,000 years now.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    We had a thread on this a few years ago, the numbers were getting astronomical, with even a very small percentage of total members adding in the years. I bet it is easily over 100,000 years now.
    Ric, I wasn't aware of that. Had I known, I would have tried to dig it up and just read it. If you think this is just taking up band width uselessly, by all means, delete it.

Boolit Master

Keep it. Like I said, I was loadin 28 years before I even found this site. Never went to the internet, all by the book. I use to spend all my time loadin, now I spend all my time on this site and don't have time to load.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master
    162 + 48 = 210
    ph4570

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Ric, I wasn't aware of that. Had I known, I would have tried to dig it up and just read it. If you think this is just taking up band width uselessly, by all means, delete it.
    Heck no, Jim, lots of new folks here to add up. I wouldn't even know where to start looking for the other one. I was just mentioning it in passing.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    i did it backwards. a friend of mine had a reloading out fit. i did not. but when i bought my first pistol i got a mold for it too. so i cast he reloaded.

i was 21 then am 62 now. that is 41 years.

where has the time gone????

Boolit Master
    210+41(bob208)=251
    +my21=272

Boolit Master
    Hmmm...37 loading, only 5 casting. Shooting since....well, I can't remember that far back.
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

Boolit Master
    Started loading all by myself on my own press when i turned 17 so that is just under 3 years So 272+2=274
    Raisin' Black Angus cows, outta gas, outta money, outta tags, low on boolits, but full 'a hope on the Rocky Mountain Eastern Slope!
    Why does a man with a 7mag never panic buy? Because a man with a 7mag has no need to panic!

"If you ain't shootin', you should be reloadin' if you ain't reloadin' you should be movin', if you ain't movin', somebody's gonna come by and cut your head off and put it on a stick!" Words to fight by, from Clint Smith

Banned

i learned to cast [learned from a neighbor] before i learned [was allowed] to reload.
    i could sort/pick-up empty's/shoot,and box ammo, but not load it.

so 38 more.
    =312

Boolit Master
    It been about 25 years so 312=25=337
    Paul G.
    Once I was young, now I am old and in between went by way to fast.

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller

Boolit Master

337 + 28 = 365

28 years of reloading, casting for the last 15, shooting for 38yrs, understanding my limitations PRICELESS.

sorry had to throw that in.

Boolit Master
    45 of reloading including 30 of casting here

Boolit Grand Master

365+45(quilbilly)+47=457
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast