MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
RepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyWideners
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication

Thread: all steel peep site for Rossi 92?

Boolit Master

all steel peep site for Rossi 92?

I have an older Rossi 92 in .357 mag. that I would like to find a receiver mount all-steel site for. What model numbers should I be looking for at the gun shows and fleabay in Redfield and Lyman? Hoping I can get a good one in the neighborhood of $100.00?
    "The trick is to stop thinking of it as 'your' money" (Tax Auditor)

Life is not waiting for the storm to subside, life is about learning to dance in the rain.

Boolit Buddy
    This was a new, old stock Williams FP for a Remington 740 before I started "messing" with it. I think it was something like $13 off ebay, plus shipping and another few bucks for a couple screws from Williams.

It's all aluminum, but the point is that you can take one (even a steel one) made for another receiver and make it fit the flat recievers of the levers fairly easily. I could center the sight over the center of the reciever with a shim but it was wasn't even quite 1/16" off so I skipped the shim. There is way more windage adjustment than I could ever use and you have to actually look hard to see that the center windage division line is off-center from the reciever.

The comparable steel sights go for more, but there were several that I figured out would fit and this is the one I won, so I used it.