Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2
Wideners Reloading Everything

Thread: .313 into .308

.313 into .308

I like to know what you all can tell me about what will happened to a rifle barrle if you where to shoot .313 cast bullet into a .308 dia . barrel .Would the barrel not last long or what will happened anyone knows. Thank you in advance.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    If the boolit fits the neck of the cartridge with no chamber interference with its fired neck expansion, then OK, no problem. ... felix
    felix

Banned

Might want to make sure the throat entrance is tapered out to at least .313" too or it might shave a little lead. The only issue with that is that it gets deposited in the bore, not a safety thing. If it's a .30-30, most of them don't really have much of a throat entrance, just an extended chamber neck and a sharp angle to the rifling, so no problem there.

Gear

Working on to make a rilfe to shoot the same rounds as in my handgun and sofar the only barrel is found is a .308 that will work to make the rifle . It is a 327 fed mag that I looking for it to work for.

Boolit Master

Green Mountain has barrels in .311 groove and some choice of twist rate at pretty good prices -- you'd need to be prepared to (pay someone to) profile, fit to the action, chamber, crown, and apply any sight or optic mount you need, but you can get an 18" Gunsmith Special for around $50 shipped (longer or larger diameter barrels are more, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by I'll Make Mine View Post
    Green Mountain has barrels in .311 groove and some choice of twist rate at pretty good prices -- you'd need to be prepared to (pay someone to) profile, fit to the action, chamber, crown, and apply any sight or optic mount you need, but you can get an 18" Gunsmith Special for around $50 shipped (longer or larger diameter barrels are more, of course).

Hi thank you for your help ,I got it taken care of and yes I am going with a .311 thank you