RepackboxTitan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Lee Precision

Thread: 30 rem

In Remembrance

30 rem

I picked up a nice old remington pump with an old 2 3/4 redfield scope this morning.

I am not sure of the model # as it is under the scope and I will have to find a magnifying glass to see it. (eyes)

It also came with a full box and 2 partial boxes of western 170 grain silvertip, marked 7 bucks a box.( these were the yellow boxes) and one white box (partial) marked 14.95 for the box.
    The gun is no safe queen, it has seen some use, but has been well cared for.
    The old gentleman I bought it from said it was his dads, and that he had killed a lot of deer with it back in penn.

Boolit Master
    Hey cool! Could we see a pic?
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.

It will be a Model 14 if it has a 22" barrel or a Model 141 if it's a 24" barrel.

They great rifles, I have a few of them. They will do 2" 100 yards groups if in good condition. RL 7 works good with 150 gr jacketed bullets, 4895 with 170's. I haven't shot cast in my 30 cal. I have in my 32 rem's, though.

Be aware the the 30 remington usually has a .306 bore.

Frank
    Last edited by frnkeore; 10-04-2012 at 03:12 PM. Reason: additional info

In Remembrance
    The tapered barrel measures 21 5/16 from the action and has a dovetailed front sight with a screw in the top of it. The rear sight has a thumb screw under it to adjust it. Slim forearm with heavy grooves.
    Thanks guys I apparently have a nice old M14. I will have to check into when they were built and if they came driled and tapped for scope mounts. It has weaver bases, the redfield has sharp and clear post.

In Remembrance
    101 I don't saavy the pic deal, but may be able to get someone to do it for me. lol

I also bought 2 old rabbit ear doubles from the old gent, one of which is pretty nice.
    These were his dads guns and he said his dad had killed his first rabbit with the nice one, so when he was a kid he used it for his first rabbit too. I don't have a clue why he was selling his dads guns (CHEAP) but they have found another long term home. lol

In Remembrance
    Thanks excess. I was wondering about that thumbscrew on the reciever, hadn't thought about it having a takedown feature.

This also has a brass button flush with the reciever located on the front upper right behind the barrel. that looks like the end of a cartridge. it is marked rem-umc acsoss the top and 30 rem on the bottom with a u with a _ under it in the circle in the center. Is this original???

In Remembrance
    It does have the spiral tube, all good info. I will most likely be leaving the scope on it as it looks good with it and it is sharp and clear.

Myself and my son both shoot lefthanded, and have been wanting to try a pump,so I have an idea this one will get some more use. lol

If you have some cases, I would be interested in them, oh yea it has the crossbolt safety.