RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWideners
Repackbox Load Data

Thread: Lee 230 300 blackout at data?

Lee 230 300 blackout at data?

To make it clear. I do not take the following as safe load data, or book data. It's all experimental, and I know that. This is not load data, just a ball park.

With the current powder situation, I'm forced to use some less than conventional powders for sub stunning 300 Bo. I've got the software quickloads that will help me get a ballpark for powders that I have that might work, the one thing I can't gauge though is if it will cycle. It's an 18 inch with pistol length gas system and standard buffer.

The two powders I'm looking at are vv3n38 and vv n110. I've got about 3 lbs of 3n38, and a pound n110.

Quickloads says 8.9 of 3n38 will get me 1300 fps, as will 9.9 n110. It also says both blue dot and power pistol will get me to 1300 with 100% burn at 8.8 and 7.6 respectively, which I have both of. Has anyone used any of these with subsonic 230's? It also says 9.2 of 2400 will, but I've heard it won't cycle.

I'm leaving towards 3n38 since I have the most of it, and it's close to max pressure, according to the computer, which I know is an educated guess almost. I would assume it would have the best probability of cycling?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I use 9 of 2400 in my pistol gas, cycles fine, 170gr PB., 185 GC. Look at the pressure curve in QL at 5", if ~10k psi - should cycle.
    Whatever!