Inline FabricationWidenersLoad DataTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cruelty and hunting article

Cruelty and hunting article

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this (political?), but this is a well written, interesting read.

http://huntandshoot.com.au/articles/...garry-mallard/

Banned

it is about hunting, so....

There was some PETA type nut jobs last year complaining about us salmon fishermen here in WA, do they realize that spawning salmon die anyway and float back out to sea? But heaven forbid a human catch a poor innocent salmon, so mean and cruel. Because bears and seals don't eat salmon alive or anything...

I would like to think my rifle round going through an animal's brain is less painful than a cougar shredding it to death or dying from disease.

have to laugh every time I drive through Olympia, WA there's a 'cruelty free' vegan restaurant behind the Fish Tale brewery. I've nicknamed these super hippie types as 'crunchies'

Thanks for the read!
    I cast, therefore I am (well supplied with bullets!)

NRA Life Member

That is indeed a well written article. If only I knew what 'non-sequitur' means! Jokes aside, I do feel that too many hunters out there do not share the ethical belief that hopefully most of us uphold regarding the 'least painless' death aspect of hunting.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

Boolit Master

I used to use a rational, scientific based argument, based on the concept of "compensatory mortality" that I learned in college while obtaining my Biology degree. Now, I just tell them the get the hell away from me. I'm done wasting my time arguing with idiots. They have been raised to beleive that if a fact or reality upsets them, then it can't be true.
    I'll be a nice to you as you'll let me be, or as mean as you make me be.

Polite society started dying the day it was no longer necessary for rude men to physically defend themselves from the consquences of their actions or words.

Boolit Master

We all strive to add meaning to our lives, unfortunatly some folks will pick up about any cause if they feel it gives them purpose in life. Most vegans have never witnessed a bushhog grinding up bunnies and ground nesting bird chicks when prepping a field to plant organic whatever. Death is part of life, I take it very seriously and strive to give anything I kill a humane death, but in the end, everything dies.

I recently took a hunter's safety course that recommended "hiding" your kill from public sight when transporting it home. I've always come from the belief that if you have to hide something it is probably wrong. I've never strapped a kill to the hood of my car, but wouldn't fault anyone for proudly displaying their trophy buck.

If you want to protect something, put a well managed season on it. Folks will be planting food plots!
    Last edited by Silvercreek Farmer; 09-26-2012 at 10:16 AM.

Boolit Master
    It upsets ME when I see hunters hauling their deer around with the body cavity propped open. They don't seem to realize this exposes the meat to all manner of impurities! From road tar/dirt to vegan spit. Yes I've seen those bunny huggers spit on the carcass while the hunter is getting food or gas. One guy in Vermont tried to break the antlers off a deer in the parking lot. He hit the "offending car twice. Another guy called the police and boxed him in till they arrived.The worst thing is those "bumper hitch" things that are just a foot off the ground! Covering the game with a tarp isn't a BAD thing to my way of thinking.

Boolit Grand Master

People are to disconnected from the environment. They don't understand the food chain. They definitely don't understand there are really only two choices to manage a population. Either we humans manage it. Or we release vast numbers of predators that will also see us as prey to manage the population. After some people are killed by those predators I'm betting they would want them removed once again. I don't understand how people choose to ignore nature and how it actually works.

Brought to you by TapaTalk.

It's just that they don't realize that for any one to live some thing has to die, be it animal or plant. Plants are just another form of life on this planet whats more cruel killing a animal with a well place shot or taking some big machine out to a field and ripping off some other life forms reproductive organs to feed us? It's all life.....
    Moderating is a responsibility not a privilege, abuse your power and you lose, no matter how powerful you may think you are.

Vegans are from vega. Vegetarians don't eat meat. Liberals are mostly idiots.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Boolit Buddy
    If I were to design my diet around wanting to inflict the maximum amount of pain and suffering on the greatest number of animals possible, I would be vegan. If I wanted the opposite, I would eat beef.

What do you think happens to all those billions of bugs when their food source is removed?

Quote Originally Posted by aa1911 View Post
    have to laugh every time I drive through Olympia, WA there's a 'cruelty free' vegan restaurant behind the Fish Tale brewery.

many studies show that plants do have rudimentary feelings

as such it is VERY cruel to just pull them up/rip them out/off of what ever they are growing in/on/under....

at least game can run away.....

but Carrots have a very slow gait

Vegans, and vegetarians who do not eat meat because it is cruel are HYPOCRITES!

and When ever I get the Chance, I TELL THEM SO!
    I am ONLY responsible for what I Say!
    I am NOT responsible for what You THINK I Said!
    ====
    If numbers killed I'd hunt with a Calculator!

I like Ron White's bit on vegetarian crunchies and cattle.

"with cow flatulence in the ozone, what are YOU doing to protect the environment?"

"I'm eatin' the cows! but I'm only one man!"
    I cast, therefore I am (well supplied with bullets!)

NRA Life Member

Boolit Bub

Acts 10:11- 12 "He (Peter) saw heaven opened and something resembling a large sheet coming down, lowered to the ground by its four corners. In it were all the earth's four-legged animals and reptiles and the birds of the sky. A voice said to him, "Get up, Peter. Slaughter and eat."

Boolit Grand Master
    The anti-hunters, the Earth First! zealots, and most of the tree-hugging screwballs cannot be reasoned with. Total waste of time. Same goes for many liberals--they are more about feelings than thought and reason, so you are speaking a foreign language to that lot.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Saw a wall plaque for sale the other day that said: "Vegetarian is a Native American word that means 'Bad Hunter'".

And then there is " I love all of God's creatures--right next to the mashed potatoes".
    Von Gruff.

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry D Barr View Post
    Saw a wall plaque for sale the other day that said: "Vegetarian is a Native American word that means 'Bad Hunter'".
    I have a magnet on my fridge that says that.

In other news, I've been meaning to get a pair of vegan shoes to go hunting in.

D
    Never trust a skinny chef, a fat personal trainer, or anyone who can't stand beer.

Blessed are those who are cracked, for they shall let in the light.

Boolit Master
    Non-Sequitar is latin for non-sequential. In literary terms, it means someone has made an illogical jump in an argument or story line. Could be similar to a "red herring" which is a totally unrelated fact (or falsehood) meant to derail an argument when one wants to change the subject or shut down another. Criminals used to drop pieces of smoked herring (which can have a red colour) to throw off the pursuing hounds.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to start eating weeds and twigs now.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar