Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingLoad Data
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DEADBEAT - opcon4

Boolit Buddy

DEADBEAT - opcon4

This guy had a lyman trimmer for sale a few weeks back $20.00,so I did send him the money for the trimmer.
    He turns around and send me a REDDING TRIMMER outdated from early years and I mean early years.
    I pm him a few times and he states he made a mistake will be glad to refund my money,that about 3 weeks now ,I shot him a pm this past week on wed: said it was in the mail should get bu friday,today is Sat: still no refund
    I would have to say buyer beware with this seller,I hate to give anyone a bad feedback

Banned
    I recently had dealings with opcon4...he seemed above board to me...I even got a "irregular" set of handles as a bonus from the deal.............I one time had my wife tend to my bussiness at the P.O...a half week later i spy it in her back seat.....sh..stuff happens...give him a few days before the condemming....then commence to slaying his name if it is truly due...

Boolit Buddy
    I would be glad to retract the above statement as long as I got more then it is in the mail, just don't like the run around,I did explain to him on the last PM
    THIS WAS GOING TO BE THE LAST PM I WILL SEND

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range. txpete's Avatar
    I have had 2 dealings with him that were ..OK...I will say his shipping is a bit slow but they made it here ok.give him a little bit of time and then rip his lips if need be.
    pete

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf5347 View Post
    I pm him a few times and he states he made a mistake will be glad to refund my money,that about 3 weeks now
    lonewolf, imho, if it's been 3 weeks since he said he'd refund the money and he still hasn't.......imo, slam away, this guy has definately overshot his "grace" period for a refund already. i'd be ticked, too!

Boolit Buddy
    I PM this seller on 5-6-07 and he states a refund was due .
    I posted the feedback yesterday the 5-19-07
    I feel if I made a mistake on a item I was selling I would take all the steps to correct it as soon as possible,the last message was when I PM him and he stated it was in the mail already that PM was on 5-16-07

He deserves that bad feedback!

Banned
    I did not origianally catch the three weeks,,,,holy crap...slam away....only loss of life or limb would prevent me from making my mistake right....and quick....

sorry you had a bad experience, i had a dealing with opcom for some 30 carbine dies and they arrived as expected and he even threw in some brass.

i wish your experience could have been as positive as mine.

Banner Sponsor

To err is human, but to not take care of the mistake is not acceptable.
    I have made a couple of mistakes(honest mistakes), but when it was brought to my attention I made it right even if I had to go out of pocket to do so.
    There has been a couple of times that I've sent hollow lube sticks instead of solid(for what ever reason, I didn't get solid written down on the order sheet) When it was brought to my attention, I sent out a new complete order of solid sticks and just asked that they pass the hollow sticks around as samples.

If he won't send the refund, then we need to know about it. Thanks for posting the info.

I think most of us here consider our integrity as the most important thing we possess. I think most of us bend over backward to be more than fair in dealing with each other here. I have had financial dealings with a whole lot of you over the 8 years I've been coming in here, that is both buying and selling. I think most of us would rather lose the money than feel we cheated someone or have them think it. I think most of us feel our integrity and reputation is worth more than the amount of any transaction I've ever made here. The point to all that is that accusations like this are not posted without a great deal of thought and soul searching. Naturally none of us but the participants know all the details of what happened. I really hope it stays that way. I myself am in a similar situation with a poster here. So far I have not made anything public, and I hope it stays that way. When it started going bad, I did alert one of the Moderators about the details so they could be in the picture if it turned nasty. I also informed them I would gladly lose the small amount of money involved rather than endure a public shouting match. I figure the money is gone now and I can live with that. What I am debating is my responsibility to the group, warning them about potential problems. I think I will give this individual a few more days to see if he will stand up like a man or if we need brand him as what he seems to be. How much trouble is it to send a PM with a reason for non-performance? Most people are very understanding and forgiving if you give them a chance.

Banned
    Scrounger pretty much summed it up.....nice wordsmithing....and exactly how 99% of us feel I think...

Boolit Master at Heavens Range

With a handle like "OPCON4" the guy might be in Iraq. . . .

Boolit Buddy
    I agree with Scrounger.

I have had great dealings with many people on this site, both buying and selling and in a group buy.

My main concern is that the person I sell something to is satisfied. I usually ask them to send me a PM that they are satisfied. I think that is what almost everyone on this forum strives for.
    NRA Endowment Member

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Opcon's public profile refers to being part of a swat team, not military. He has not visited CB since the 16th either so I sent him an email to prompt his re-appearance here.

A pattern seems to be some folks see various forums as pawn shops and flea markets and nothing more. A majority of the troublesome sellers are only here to sell and not take part in what this forum is truly about, that is a concern that I thought we addressed when we implemented the 25 post rule which was waived for due cause or personal knowledge of the seller elsewhere. That rule will be strictly adhered to with no waivers from this point forward.
    These forums are for the discussion of the topic in our forum title and the swapping and selling section is merely a adjunct to simplify transactions between members and not meant to be a targeted audience for people that have no other interest in us here at CB.
    Respect and happy buyers and sellers should be topmost in our dealings and that is hard to regulate from afar, personal honor is what matters to those of us that are here as members in good faith.
    These posts are not here merely to "punish" anyone, but do serve us all in warning to keep our guard up.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Boolit Master

Integrity

My anology is "Intergrity is like virginity......once you lose it you can't grow it back"

I have been dealing on the internet here and on sleze bay, auction arms and gun broker for 10 years. I only had one issue with a seller and that was on sleaze bay over shipping charges. I have bought and sold 25 guns over this period and I have never had a problem with anybody. This speaks well of the shooting community in general and I am happy about this. However if this person does not respond then you need to flame him big time. We as possible customers of this person are deserving of a head up.
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06 Springfield, 30-30 WCF, 303 Brit., 7.62x39, 7.92x57 Mauser, .32 Long, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 380 ACP. 9x19, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps. Shooting .22 LR & 12 Gauge seldom and buying ammo for same.

Cast Boolits Owner

I agree completely

I have to agree completely. Honesty and integrity are all that matters to me. I had some major issues in my younger days that changed my life forever and now those 2 things have became the primary rule that I try to live my life by. I have refunded when someone is not happy with what they have received and I have even purchased (at the sold cost) back items that people have bought from me but found they no longer needed. I have had many dealings with many here and some that are gone. I have no regrets. I have been around since the 1st board so I am not a stranger here. If anyone is not happy with the dealings with me, please send a PM and I WILL make it right.

Would it be too much to ask for a section titled "Straight Shooters" where we can post the outcome of transactions with memebers? It will not eliminate the occasional bad dealings but it will let those who try to come in here and "fry by night" know they will be spotted.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Would it be too much to ask for a section titled "Straight Shooters" where we can post the outcome of transactions with memebers? It will not eliminate the occasional bad dealings but it will let those who try to come in here and "fry by night" know they will be spotted.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Super Moderator

................Any word or update on this gomer yet?

............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

im still waiting on the brass that i traded. i guess you win some and lose some

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast