Load DataSnyders JerkyWidenersRepackbox
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: Public Pistol shoot in Central Minnesota Sept. 15

Moderator Emeritus

Public Pistol shoot in Central Minnesota Sept. 15

At Shady Lane Sportmans Club.

I was asked to organize a pistol competition for our... Sept. 15 2012 Drawing for our annual 10 gun raffle, we usually make a day out of it and serve grilled burgers, and have a public shooting, Annie Oakley for the shotgunners, and a muzzleloader prize board shoot, and for the first time, a Pistol competition.

I am thinking of making it kinda of a redneck and revolver friendly shoot. Double taps at 3 different targets(9" paper plates), at 3 different distances (25'/50'/75'). 18 shots total. Scoring will be hit or miss...no math, and no splitting the line/ring. two classes: rimfire and centerfire. The best score would be a simple 18. Ties would be decided by a 3 shot group at the same target at the max distance...repeat as necessary. $5 per entry, enter and shoot as much as you like. Prizes for winners

I didn't make the Aug. meeting,. The July meeting set the time at 2PM for the pistol shoot, but there was rumors that changed to Noon. It wasn't specifically mentioned in the Aug. meeting minutes. Our next sceduled meeting is Sept. 14th, one day before the shoot. I'm told Things start happening at 10am on the 15th. I'll try to round up a flyer and post any NEW info. sorry, I don't have all the info right now.

Let me know if you are interested and Glencoe, MN isn't too far for you to travel to this type of event. http://www.shadylanes.net/

Jon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Moderator Emeritus

Well,
    you fellows missed out. We had quite a few shooters for our first time pistol shoot...and it was a great success. A new fellow at our club is contructing a new website for our club and took some photo's. When that is up and running I'll post a link.
    Jon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001