RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Snyders JerkyWidenersLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: Noob to Swaging...trying to figure out the stuff

Boolit Bub

Noob to Swaging...trying to figure out the stuff

OK So I got this box in a deal. I reload and cast so I'm pretty clear on the lead wire and jackets. I believe these are .30cal. I am trying to determine the make of the press and the dies but with no markings I need some help/ Also does it look like everything is there? Besides the dies, press, wire, jackets, and lube there was also a home made wire cutter. I need to figure out if this is a good start or if I need to put it on the selling block! Please help me out!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Press1.1.jpg   Lot1.1.jpg   Jacket1.1.jpg   Jacket1.3.jpg   Dies1.1.jpg  

Dies1.2.jpg   Dielube.jpg  

Boolit Master
    It sure looks like a SAS press and dies to me, plus the lube says SAS, so I think that is a pretty safe bet.

Scrap copper @$3.50 ish a lb and scrap steel @ $50.00 a ton . Just send it all to me and I will dispose of the copper and nasty Red metal 1 piece at a time. But seriously you have a pretty good start there . Cut yourself about a 1.25" long piece of wire , find the core swage die and make a cylender. Then lube up the cylender that you made and feed it into your point form die and that will show you exactly what you have for bullet dimentions. By using straight lead you "cannot" hurt the dies . That press (could be) one of the old Ted Smith models.

Boolit Master

definitely looks like a Ted Smith mighty might. He sold his biz to the Corbin Bros. Now Dave Corbin of Corbin Mfg owns the rights to the designs. They take Class M dies. Pretty good set up over all. there was several versions after that press as modified by Richard Corbin.