Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Load DataRepackboxSnyders JerkyWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Molly (CBA Co-Founder) has passed

Moderator Emeritus/Boolit Master in Heavens Range

Molly (CBA Co-Founder) has passed

Hello everyone.

First off, I don't know which forum is the most appropriate for this so I'm posting this here. Second, this isn’t “Molly” but rather his oldest son. The reason I’ve logged into his account is that I’m afraid that I have some bad news. Molly was diagnosed w/ pancreatic cancer a few weeks ago. Since then, his health has deteriorated to the point that he requires hospice care and I’m certain that everyone knows what that means. I assure you that this is not a joke or a troll post.

I wanted to let everyone know what was going on so that you would not think that he was ignoring anyone. He very much loved guns, the culture and the people who shared it. He enjoyed teaching children and my GF’s how to shoot and loved to watch them progress. He was an adamant supporter of the 2nd Amendment and the NRA.

I’ll most likely be posting under this avatar in the future but I felt the need to inform the community of his status. If you would like to make a contribution in his name, I’m certain that he would want it to be to the NRA.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Molly’s Son.
    Regards,

Molly

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master

I'm very sorry to hear this news. I enjoyed his posts and appreciated his willingness to share his knowledge. I wish you the best in this difficult time.

James

Cast Boolits Owner

Hello "Molly's Son",

I am sure I speak for many members when I say we are very sorry to hear of Molly's condition. I hope during his remaining time he is comfortable and surrounded by those that mean the most to him. If there is anything I can do please contact me via PM. God speed Molly.

Robert
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master
    I am sorry to hear the bad news! He will be missed.
    My prayers go out for him and his family.
    Kevin

Boolit Master
    I am truly sorry to hear this news. Your dad is a valued member of the family here. Prayers out bound for him and the family.

My dad died in hospice in 1998. Cancer, bad heart, the retained fluid situation where they drain you at the hospital every couple weeks and then more often as you go down hill. Those who have seen it know what I mean...not good.

Dad was in bed and wanted to sit up. Mom tried to stop him, but he persisted and then my uncle came over and helped him sit up. He looked around for a minute or two....and then he was gone. IF you get in a similar situation, you might want to remember this...and give him that last little wish.

God Bless all of you in this

Banned

Ouch. He will be greatly missed in many ways around here. He will leave quite a legacy of knowledge in his posts, and I'm sure he has left a fine one in life.

Gear

Boolit Master

I am deeply saddened to hear this news.
    I Pray his suffering won't be more than he can bear and Strength for him and the Family in this difficult time.

Rich
    You Know You Might Be Facing your DOOM , if all you get is a click, Instead of a BOOM !

If God had wanted us to have Plastic gun stocks he would have planted plastic Trees !

My Dad died with pancreatic cancer at the age of 57. I lost my best friend and hunting & fishing pal. It is the worst thing I ever had to endure. My prayers are with you, I know how you & your family feel. Go to the Lord with your burdens and he will lighten the load. God bless y'all.

Prayerfully, Bob.
    You boys gonna draw them pistols or whistle Dixie

NRA ENDOWMENT MEMBER

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent fishing."
    ------Babylonian Proverb

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    This is sad news. Molly is retired staff here, and is thought very highly of. I do hope he has some comfort.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    Molly is part of our family too. If there is anything he or you need a post on this sight will bring amazing support. He and his personal family will be in the prayers of his extended family.

Posted with tears on the keyboard.
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

Moderator Emeritus

Oh no, he is very much respected here.
    Let us know if there is anything we can do.
    Jon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    smart man. i read alot of his stuff on bedding and various things. praying for a miracle.

Boolit Master

So sorry to hear this ... God bless!

Moderator Emeritus

I learned a lot just by reading his past posts. The man was a wealth of knowledge. He will be missed on many different levels. Godspeed Molly.
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

In Remembrance
    My prayers go out for your father, and for you as well. Witnessing and enduring what you are is not pleasant. I know, I was in your shoes ten years ago. Mercifully, it was fairly quick and the doctors managed the pain magnificently--but the final few days were the hardest of all.

Your father will be remembered fondly and with great admiration around here and elsewhere in the firearms and proud patriot communities.

Molly

Tell your father that we love and respect him to the highest degree.

Fondest regards,

Scott

Boolit Grand Master

Please pass on how much his pleasant manner and great knowledge was valued and
    enjoyed here.

I'm very sorry to hear this news.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master
    Prayers for your father and the family. We've all been there and there are few words which can appropriately express our feeling and best wishes when faced with situations like this. Molly has been an icon here and will be greatly missed. Please let us know if there is anything we can do and do keep us informed.
    Blessings,
    Olevern
    "The trick is to stop thinking of it as 'your' money" (Tax Auditor)

Life is not waiting for the storm to subside, life is about learning to dance in the rain.

Banned

i can't really add anything to what has been said.
    ken will sorely be missed here.

Boolit Master

All I can do is agree with what has already been said.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast