RepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2WidenersLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: 8x60r kropastchek load

Boolit Buddy

8x60r kropastchek load

guy's i have two rifles and one shoots real good, but the other has a poor barrel and keyholes my 238 grain bullet. i usualy load 13 gr unique and my good rifle likes it but the short rifle doesnt. i would like to try a slower powder but have no experience with cast loads like that. anyone have any ideas for imr3031?-phil

Boolit Master

Wink

Phil this may be a condition that would best be served by a filler---- Looks like ur boolit is tumbling because it dose not fit bore properly (worn barrel)-- reduce ur load some and use a hefty filler like PBS or other shotgun buffer or as I use ground walnut from a pet supply store. Could try 10 or 11grs. of unique with filler------- Filler in this case is used to seal bore (worn barrel) -- adjust load for safe conditions and best accuracy---- slight compression on filler--- Mag

Note : Gas check not needed in most cases--- Filler becomes your gas check
    Use caution fillers increase pressure

Boolit Buddy
    mag, oddly enough i had some rounds i loaded for it a long time ago and i forgot to wright them in my book. i took one apart and it had a load of sr4759 and corn meal. i bet thats what i was doing but cant remember. i fired one and didnt like the looks of the primer so pulled them apart. maybe i need to revisit the idea. my wife has fel in love with this old rifle so bad she carries a round in her purse to show here friends. i gatta get the thing to shoot. the muzzle was bad and unfortunetly had to cut about a inch off the barrel and move the front site back. i had it counterbored first but the guy messed it up bad. it will shoot pulled .329 bullets out of m95 steyr rounds pretty good but they are in short supply. the more it gets shot and cleaned the better the barrel looks. i have a custom mold for it, dropping .330 dia. 238 grain long flat nose.-phil

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by chevyiron420 View Post
    my wife has fel in love with this old rifle so bad she carries a round in her purse to show here friends.
    Phil, tell your wife I like her already!
    "A cheerful heart is good medicine."