Snyders JerkyRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
WidenersTitan ReloadingLoad DataLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: pedersoli 45-110 quigley nightmare

Boolit Master
    It is a shame some folks can't be happy with what other folks own. If it worries some so much, maybe they should just buy iron mike a 'real' shiloh. I mean if they are that concerned with what someone else has.
    My mother always said I was the Flower of the Family, The Blooming Idiot

interesting that the op isnt in the middle ...[or anyplace close]... to this argument.

i congratulate you ironmike that the company is going to...or sounds like they are anyway...take care of your rotten draw of a terribly misshapen rifle. im looking forward to reading all about your success story about the way pedrosoli came thru for you. also how the new rifle shoots both at short range and long.

dont be discouraged by this friendly banter...it happens occasionally and will blow over soon...meanwhile keep us posted on your success and remember that there is a huge amount of usfull info at your fingertips just for the asking. im glad you didnt take it personally about nobody understanding the complete rediculous irrational way that rifle was sent out of a perfectly good factory...unless it got mixed up with somebodys brand of a joke...which if so i bet some heads will roll.

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by giz189 View Post
    It is a shame some folks can't be happy with what other folks own. If it worries some so much, maybe they should just buy iron mike a 'real' shiloh. I mean if they are that concerned with what someone else has.
    Don't read to much into something here friend.
    I am tickled to death Iron Mike even owns a rifle. I am saddened tho by the runaround he has reported here trying to get what is a fairly obvious factory defect fixed or at least an adjustment made. And am simply pointing out to others who may be interested in doing a little comparison shopping that the prices on a present day Pedersoli and either a Shiloh or C Sharps are not that much different and in fact we have shown here that a both companies will sell a highquality rifle cheaper than a Pedersoli....(and if something does get out the door of either MT. place the fix is a telephone call and a trip to the local shipping desk away)
    And I still say in the end the OP probably should of just put a windage adjustable front sight on, got a mechanical zero with it , leaving his tang sight at zero wind, and then proceed from there. He could of been shooting at the long ranges he wanted to shoot at apparently a month ago already....
    And the challenge is still there for those that always make the claim that Pederosoli's outshoot the Big Timber guns,,, show us the link to the scores and equipment lists where that happened....
    Long range rules, the rest drool.

And of course it seems that the shooting and reloading fraternity is full of price-conscious people. I work in a gun store and see this more often than I can count. Mind you; I don't think there is a thing wrong with it and it's fun to pursue your hobby as frugally as possible.

I own a Pedersoli. It was a gift from my best friend when I turned 50, and other than a short firing pin (that I made a replacement for) it has become my favorite rifle. I am gratified by how well it shoots, and for load development using a cast bullet it can't be beat. Too bad I only have a 100 yard range to work with; it would be a hoot to shoot out to several hundred yards.......
    Life's too short to shoot an ugly gun.

Boolit Master
    Looks like the girls from the Big Timber pep squad are out in force.

1. How do you connect match results to accuracy? mathematically speaking that is
    I am not talking about blow hard talk.
    I am talking about a direct predictability of match success based solely on the rifle's accuracy.

2. Are you trying to tell everyone here that the ammo and the shooter and the after market sights do not count?

3. What is the magic formula that connects accuracy in a rifle to a clic of Big Timber shooters?

4. Does that mean that if the Big Timber clic switched to Pedersoli's that they would never win again?

I would like to understand the following -
    5. What is the technical superiority of the Shiloh rifles that is supposed to make a difference?

6. Name ALL the accuracy features that are present in a Shiloh or C. Sharps rifle that are not present in a Pedersoli.
    7. If I started mixing components of the two brands what would I add or subtract to make them equals?

Pedersoli had someone design a mold to work with their rifles.
    8. Now you are going to tell me that none of the BT shooters use a custom mold right,
    and that Steve Brooks and Paul Jones and other custom molds are a figment of everyone's imagination?
    So tell me do all BT shooters use off the shelf molds.

You might read Chuck Yeager's book. You do know Chuck Yeager the shooter don't you?
    He flew an F-86 against a Mig-15 and waxed it.
    The two pilots swapped planes and he waxed the guy flying the F-86...

About that long throat. They still count. Those rifles are still around and will still give Shiloh a bad name as long as someone tries to shoot them. Most shooters will not know the difference except on the target.
    I saw one of those dogs in mint condition at Cabelas a while back. Why would anyone pay a premium for something with a bad barrel - from the factory?

How do you explain the success of the Browning BPCRs against the BT rifles and clic?

Quote Originally Posted by Don McDowell View Post
    EDG yes you can say that about the Pedersoli, that's why in cooperation with Victory moulds they came up with a bullet to try and compete with the other rifles on the market.
    Shiloh has dropped the long throat thought to be necessary for the paper patch bullets decades ago......
    If you would kindly point to match scores whereby the shooters of Pedersoli rifles are winning against shiloh's and C sharps, kindly post such to validate your claim.
    EDG

That's sort of what I expected, lots of talk but no walk....

Boolit Master
    That's sort of what I expected, lots of talk but no walk....
    That is what I expected from you and Windy too.
    That is the attempt to link match scores and wins directly to accuracy - and the matches are silhouette matches no less where anything that knocks a target down counts. In this form of shooting there is no direct measurement of the rifles accuracy.
    EDG

Well what about the gong matches and the creedmoor matches EDG? Lots of Shilohs, C Sharps ,Brownings and Winchesters running around the top finishers there, but..... once again here we are none shooting Pedersoli's.....
    So here we are again, either proove up your statement that Pedersoli's are more accurate than Shiloh or,shut up as the saying goes.

This guy was broke down on the side of a lonely road. He stared under the hood and couldn't figure it out. Along came a nice car called a Shiloh. Don rolled down his window and said; you should have bought one of these and then drove on.

Owen

Quote Originally Posted by hightime View Post
    I remember when $200 meant nothing to me. Ah to return to that thinking again. I havn't seen a Shiloh that looked a smigin better than my Ped. or shot better either.

Owen
    Owen your time might be better spent backing up your claim , than making ******* personal attacks...

In Remembrance
    I guess we all see through your smokescreens, McDowell.
    You'll have a lot more fun playing this game if you do it on the Shiloh site where a particular knot of guys will always agree with you.

Or, do you plan to bring some of them over here to play?

CM
    Last edited by montana_charlie; 07-23-2012 at 09:28 PM.
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

I like my Pedersoli Billy Dixon model. I bought it maybe 10 years ago. At the time, I paid about $1300 for it and then another $150 for the Pedersoli Long Range Soule site set. I originally was going to buy a C Sharps, and then a Shiloh ( I lived in Bozeman for awhile) but, I'm impatient and Dick Trenk was pretty persuasive. So, I called Buffalo Arms and bought my gun. From day one it out-shot me. I've put a lot of lead down that bore and it has never failed me. i don't shoot matches so I don't know how it would stand up. I do know that at the Angeles range I can shoot 3" groups at 200 yards all day and sometimes 2" groups at that range. I also know I can hit the large gong at 1,000 yards at least 3 out of ten tries. I can better that with my scoped 06 but with iron sites, that's really good shooting for me. What kind of group I'm getting at that long range I couldn't say but it can't be too good or I'd get more hits. I like my gun, and it was fairly priced. No, it's not fitted nor finished like a Shiloh and the trigger is not nearly so slop free (Yes, I've shot several C Sharps, Shilohs and a couple of originals) but it's a very good gun. I like it and I don't long for a Shiloh. I have other weaknesses (Parker shotguns for one) But here's the thing, I can't remember when the last time was I told some guy he sould have bought something else because his wasn't as nice as the something else. That kind of reminds me of when I was a kid and my friend got a new bike for Christmas. man he really loved that bike; that is until Leo told him it was a fake Stingray and not as good as a real Stingray. That killed it for him. He never rode it to school again. In high school, a guy once questioned me as to why I went out with so-and-so because she wasn't "hot". I told him because I like her and that's good enough for me. Some guys just have to knock what others have. As I said, "shadenfreude"
    R J Talley
    Teacher/James Madison Fellow

Quote Originally Posted by montana_charlie View Post
    I guess we all see through your smokescreens, McDowell.
    You'll have a lot more fun playing this game if you do it on the Shiloh site where a particular knot of guys will always agree with you.

Or, do you plan to bring some of them over here to play?

CM
    Not unexpected from you Maxwell. Kenny has a thread here on the same subject what you goint to go tell him?

In the meantime we see all these little snipey attacks

Quote Originally Posted by omgb View Post
    I like my Pedersoli Billy Dixon model. I bought it maybe 10 years ago. At the time, I paid about $1300 for it and then another $150 for the Pedersoli Long Range Soule site set. I originally was going to buy a C Sharps, and then a Shiloh ( I lived in Bozeman for awhile) but, I'm impatient and Dick Trenk was pretty persuasive. So, I called Buffalo Arms and bought my gun. From day one it out-shot me. I've put a lot of lead down that bore and it has never failed me. i don't shoot matches so I don't know how it would stand up. I do know that at the Angeles range I can shoot 3" groups at 200 yards all day and sometimes 2" groups at that range. I also know I can hit the large gong at 1,000 yards at least 3 out of ten tries. I can better that with my scoped 06 but with iron sites, that's really good shooting for me. What kind of group I'm getting at that long range I couldn't say but it can't be too good or I'd get more hits. I like my gun, and it was fairly priced. No, it's not fitted nor finished like a Shiloh and the trigger is not nearly so slop free (Yes, I've shot several C Sharps, Shilohs and a couple of originals) but it's a very good gun. I like it and I don't long for a Shiloh. I have other weaknesses (Parker shotguns for one) But here's the thing, I can't remember when the last time was I told some guy he sould have bought something else because his wasn't as nice as the something else. That kind of reminds me of when I was a kid and my friend got a new bike for Christmas. man he really loved that bike; that is until Leo told him it was a fake Stingray and not as good as a real Stingray. That killed it for him. He never rode it to school again. In high school, a guy once questioned me as to why I went out with so-and-so because she wasn't "hot". I told him because I like her and that's good enough for me. Some guys just have to knock what others have. As I said, "shadenfreude"
    The only person that made any referance to the Quality of the rifle was Waksupi...
    I defy you to turn up anything anywhere where I have said anything derogatory about a Pedersoli rifle.
    Simply pointing out the difference in reaction is not a put down.
    Not a one of you that are making these direct and backbitin attacks offered any advise about how to get the rifle shooting.
    And not a one of you seem to be concerned about the length of time Iron Mike has went and still no answer on his gun from the factory,
    And even more suprising is not a one of you are even curious about the smith he supposeddly sent the rifle to for warranty work that pronounced the rifle to be fine....
    Not a one of you ..

In Remembrance
    Kenny has a thread here on the same subject what you goint to go tell him?
    I have no plans to say anything to him. Is he the only one you could get to join you?

And even more suprising is not a one of you are even curious about the smith he supposeddly sent the rifle to for warranty work that pronounced the rifle to be fine....
    Not a one of you ..
    All those other handicaps, and blind, too?
    Try reading Posts #9, #13, #37, #59, and #78.

CM
    Last edited by montana_charlie; 07-23-2012 at 10:50 PM.
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

ALL I CAN SAY IS...WOWWW !!!

Boolit Mold
    you guys are a riot!sure am glad for you being here,the gun ships out tomorrow to lee,so, i'll be shooting my m1a and doing some cmp and national match stuff to keep me distracted till lee pulls a rabbit out of the hat for me.thanks

Quote Originally Posted by montana_charlie View Post
    I have no plans to say anything to him. Is he the only one you could get to join you?

All those other handicaps, and blind, too?
    Try reading Posts #9, #13, #37, #59, and #78.

CM
    No I don't suppose you'ld have balls enough to post on Kenny's thread.

Quote Originally Posted by iron mike View Post
    you guys are a riot!sure am glad for you being here,the gun ships out tomorrow to lee,so, i'll be shooting my m1a and doing some cmp and national match stuff to keep me distracted till lee pulls a rabbit out of the hat for me.thanks
    Ok now.
    We've asked you about 3 times now. How about the details on the guy you sent the rifle to for warranty work the first time.
    You sort of owe it to other shooters to finger this guru of gun manufacturing....

Quote Originally Posted by iron mike View Post
    got a quigley,w/the seole tang sight, the taps on the tang for mounting the sight looked off center, so sent it to a gunsmith for warrantee work, month late i get it back,the is still a major problem, i now realize that the reciever is cast crooked, and the tang is so far to the east that one could mever shoot accuratley using a tang sight, all of the windage adjustment will not fix it, emailed pedersoli and am waiting for their cure.....any body have any experience here with a pedersoli lemon?
    So who was this gunsmith?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast