Load DataTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading Everything
Wideners RotoMetals2

Thread: RCE has shipped my order!

Boolit Master

Talking RCE has shipped my order!

I was starting to wonder if my stuff was every going to show up. I got an email Friday saying my order had shipped. I now have the package in my possession!

I now own a complete set of RCE's 224 dies!

Today I got the Rebated Boatail Dies, and a lead tip die!
    I think I understand what has to be done, but I can't wait till I get some shop time to put them through the paces. My 224 Jacket pinch dies is supposed to ship this week, allowing me to trim my jackets.

If those of you that own these dies, Corbins as well, have tips to help me avoid killing jackets needlessly I sure would appreciate it. He sent some material, but it didn't go into the detail I would like to have had.
    "The right of the people to keep and bear...arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country..." (James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434 [June 8, 1789])

Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.
    Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Master

Sorry BT! I just posted my thread and realized how bad it looks like with my post above yours and you not having received it yet!! BTW, he used USPS. Phoenix, OR to Flagstaff, AZ over the weekend!
    "The right of the people to keep and bear...arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country..." (James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434 [June 8, 1789])

Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.
    Benjamin Franklin

Vendor Sponsor

No problem,

Keep us infomred with the bullets they make.

Yes I ship all my orders USPS flat rate priority.

BT
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Back in stock with new low price!
    Click link below!
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Star-Crimp-Die

also check in and say hello on my new face book page!
    https://www.facebook.com/BTSniper-153949954674572/

Boolit Bub
    Yu are lucky. I ordered out an RCE Walnut Hill and two sets of swaging dies, plus adapter dies for my Dave Corbin dies. Everything got shipped and got to my place in good order. However, I had been gone for a week and will get back at the end of June. Total of 7 weeks away from home. Drives me crazy thinking about all that neat equipment not being used. Also picked up a double rifle 45/70 cal. while out and away from the house. This to me will be the perfect paper patch bullet rifle for me, in my opinion. Am I gonna have fun or what???

Boolit Master

you will love your dies I sure love mine.

Boolit Master

Now I just have to try them down a barrel!!

Attachment 45390

Thanks for the help Blaster62!!!!
    Last edited by Lizard333; 11-03-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Master
    Those are damn sexy. If you could please pm with how much you are into it.
    "Consequently we move away from other shooters to remain focused on our passion, as our ideas are quickly dismissed or misunderstood by others. Sharing does not come easily for swagers, not because they are necessarily selfish, but because they have been whittling away in their only little world for so long, that being able to relate to others what they understand is no simple task."

​Mentor

Boolit Buddy

pinch trim

Here's a mistake you can avoid. When I got my pinch trimmer, I set it to trim too agressively, with the punch adjusted down too much. This damaged the mouth of the die and I started seeing scratches on my jackets. Adjustment should be so you have to flick or work the trimmed part to get it to come off of the jacket. I even have to grab it with a pair of pliers sometimes, though you don't want to have to use much effort this way to get things to separate or it means the punch is not adjusted down enough. Anyway, I had to send the trim die back to have it's face re-done and I'm very careful about my trim punch adjustments now.

Boolit Master

How does this pinch trim die work? And what do they cost. I have been trying to figure a way using a case trimmer, either Forster or Wilson. Problem is how to hold the jacket firmly & consistantly. Wilson case holders are 0.997 dia. but there is no taper to the rimfire jacket to hold it still while trimming. Tried to grip a T handle tap wrench with a Forster collet but no go there either. Sounds like this pinch die should do it. If Richard sells them I'll look into it.

Bob
    Si hostes visibilis, etiam tu

Boolit Master

I think they are like 105-110$ you have a base die, and a top die that tapered. As it comes down it splits the extra length and it cuts the extra off by pinching the metal between the two dies.

Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Buddy
    Close. Mine is made by Dave Corbin. It uses a caliber specific die that screws into the ram of a corbin press and a special tapered punch in the punch holder. It expands the mouth of the jacket to the length you adjust the die to and pinches it at the mouth of the die so excess material can be removed at this point. Other makes, intended to be used in a stadard reloading press are likely to be in reverse of the Corbin system, i.e; punch in the ram and die in the top.

Boolit Bub
    Well, I finally made it back to the UP and picked up my "stuff" sent by RCE. Nice press and nice dies. Hope to get it mounted in the next couple of days and start squeezing some lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard333 View Post
    Now I just have to try them down a barrel!!

Attachment 45390

Thanks for the help Blaster62!!!!
    Those are very nice looking RBT bullets!

Did you use a J4 material for the jacket or 22WMR?

Boolit Master

J4's. I'll have to post some pics of the most recent ones. I've gotten a little better.

Benjamin Franklin