WidenersLee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Load Data

Thread: Cherok9878 has passed

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Cherok9878 has passed

It is my sad duty to report on the passing of Cherok9878, Larry Bryant of Wetumpka, AL.

Larry joined us here in Feb last year and contributed much to our community in the way of welcomes and good spirit, gun knowledge and enthusiasm.
    He was a U.S. Army veteran and I am sure he served us well and proudly in uniform.

His widow contacted us and I am arranging for a condolence card to be sent from all of us at Cast Boolits.

In addition we will be setting up a Memorial Sale of Gator 35 Cal Gas Checks we are re-purchasing from his estate. I am going to be asking for help from any local members to help out in assisting his family as best we can. It is my wish his hobby as represented in his membership will be fondly remembered by his family.

A Shakespeare quote from one of his posts:

" From this day to the ending of the world,
    But we in it shall be remembered-
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he today that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother."

Farewell my brother of the Silver Stream. May you not wait for a seat nor run out of ammo at the range in Heaven.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

In Remebrance

Sad news indeed. While mulling this over I thought perhaps we should have a category of "Left the range" for those who have left us. I surely hope it wouldn't be used much, but it might be a nice way to memorialize the "family" we lose. In some ways I feel closer to some of the guys here than I do the kids I work with. It matters to me at least.

Best wishes to Larry's family.

Moderator Emeritus
    What can one say, I have not had the pleasure of meeting this 'Brother of the Silver Stream' personally, but my heart will have an empty space in memory of him for sure.

My thoughts and prayers to the family on their sad loss.

John.
    John, a.k.a. Tiny or Stretch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Moderator

................Sounds like an excellent idea to me. Like Tpr. Bret this board is an extension of friends and family. It has been to my benefit and pleasure to have actually met several members here over time, and finer people would be impossible to find. If you want to set up a special fund or account for such things I'd sure be happy to be among the first donors.

....................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Sad news. I will take 1K of the checks if you have trouble getting rid of them. They could possibly be shipped with my 44/25 cal gas check shipment I suppose. Mick.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Buddy
    It always sad to hear of a friend passing. Even though I never met him and have not many other people here, I still consider him and everyone else a friend.
    My prayers are with the family.

I too would be willing to take some of the .35 GC's. Just let me know what I need to do.
    Hunt hard, shoot straight, kill clean, apologize to no one!
    -Ralph M. Lermayer-
    Editor of Predator Xtream

Boolit Master
    Tpr.Bret--Good idea, but I hope it sees little use! Hard to believe that many of us from the old Shooter's site have been jawing about cast boolits on the net, for more than 10 years now! I'm sure many have "left the range" and we have been unawares.--Shuz
    It's all chicken, even the beak!

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    Sad news, and so sudden. Our prayers for Cherok's family. Count me in for 1000 35 GC. Bill and Fran
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

If you want to set up a special fund or account for such things I'd sure be happy to be among the first donors.
    Well, the site benefit auction/sales fund is intended and set aside for situations such as these.

The sponsorships/patrons and contributors pay a good deal of the bandwidth/forum costs.

It is sad finding out so late about his passing. It is not likely the obit written in the local fishwrappers would know of his interests and would pay no attention to a forum such as this.

If there are other items available they will be posted but nothing will be happening very quickly.

Being a part of the casting family here for some years and seeing the numbers grow over that time from a couple hundred to over 3,000 has made it inevitable to lose members and that we will be sending cards and flowers from time to time.
    That is why the auctions and other funds are important.
    Please make sure your family knows if this forum is a part of your life.

If there is anyone in the Wetumpka Alabama area on this board please let me know.
    Thanks
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

castboolits@gmail.com

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tpr. Bret View Post
    Sad news indeed. While mulling this over I thought perhaps we should have a category of "Left the range" for those who have left us. I surely hope it wouldn't be used much, but it might be a nice way to memorialize the "family" we lose. In some ways I feel closer to some of the guys here than I do the kids I work with. It matters to me at least.

Best wishes to Larry's family.
    My thoughts exactly.............

SS
    NRA Life Member Since 1981

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

II Corinthians 4:8-9. We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted but not forsaken, struck down, but not destroyed."

Psalms 25:2 O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To Cherok9878, Larry Bryant U.S. Army of Wetumpka, AL.
    Alas you shall be laid to Rest you shall be remember by most and missed by all. May your Family and Friends find peace and solitude. And when you are at THE GATE I am sure you will hear the words "Welcome Home Brother Job Well Done".
    Semper Fi.
    Don

45nut:
    Thank you for informing us of the loss Larry Bryand U.S. Army of Wetumpka, AL. and a Brother of the Silver Stream.
    Below is a link to last posts of Cherok9878

Link http://castboolits.gunloads.com/sear...earchid=243936

He will be remembered his posts will bring smiles a laugh or 2. The information he has left will go on for long periods of time. My 35 GC have new meaning.
    Don

Cast Boolits Owner

Mrs. Cherok9878

I spoke at length with Mrs. Cherok9878 this morning. She indicated Larry always spoke of the board and was on the computer 3-4 times a day visiting the site. She is pleased he had a great place to hang.
    The 35 Gatorchecks are on their way back and will be offered for sale on the board to fund a memorial fund in his name. There will be other items once she sorts through everything.

Robert
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

My thanks to you Robert. It helps to know we had a successful presence in his life in the short time he was part of our niche on the www.
    Last edited by 45nut; 03-28-2008 at 09:11 PM.

castboolits@gmail.com

Moderator Emeritus
    I don't have many molds which require .35 cal gaschecks but since I just bought a rifle I may need more; willing to take 2000.

John.
    John, a.k.a. Tiny or Stretch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cast Boolits Owner

Cherok9878 Memorial Fund Sale

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have personaly funded the re-purchase of the GC's that Larry purchased and they are on their way back to me. The total count is 5k and the cost (his total cost plus the return shipping) is $93.10. Each person who is to recieve these will pay to me an equal share of that cost ($18.62 per k) plus the cost of shipping to you unless you have a current buy pending with me then I can add it to your current order and save shipping. I chatted with Larry a little here/ there and really liked him so all proceeds from this sale will be directly donated to the board in memory of Larry.

4k is spoken for by those below and 1 k is left. Who wants it?

Quote Originally Posted by 4fingermick View Post
    Sad news. I will take 1K of the checks if you have trouble getting rid of them. They could possibly be shipped with my 44/25 cal gas check shipment I suppose. Mick.
    Quote Originally Posted by NVcurmudgeon View Post
    Sad news, and so sudden. Our prayers for Cherok's family. Count me in for 1000 35 GC. Bill and Fran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigjohn View Post
    I don't have many molds which require .35 cal gaschecks but since I just bought a rifle I may need more; willing to take 2000.

John.

Robert
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

In Remebrance

I'll take the last 1K. Just need address on where to send the $$. PM me please.

Cast Boolits Owner

They are all spoken for. Thank you Gentlemen.

Robert

- Albert Camus -

Cast Boolits Owner

NVcurmudgeon & Tpr. Bret

BIll and Bret,

Please check your PM's.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by NVcurmudgeon View Post
    - Albert Camus -

Galena Guru

OK so I'm late , I just noticed this post , I think I may have known this guy , he is only 15 minits from me ..
    Schamankungulo

Matt. 5:14-16

GMCS USN ret.