Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee Precision
WidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bottled my first homebrew beer today!

Boolit Master

Say, wouldn't all this be considered "Special Projects"? Back in California days my good friend Rusty and I attempted some wine, but it came out tasting like gasoline. We quit after that, but I have to admit I would like to try another batch and I think with all the good people here I could do it right.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by xs11jack View Post
    Say, wouldn't all this be considered "Special Projects"? Back in California days my good friend Rusty and I attempted some wine, but it came out tasting like gasoline. We quit after that, but I have to admit I would like to try another batch and I think with all the good people here I could do it right.
    Ole Jack
    When young lots of wine (and especially mead) have higher order (fusil) alcohols which do taste like rocket fuel. As they age these mellow and convert to lower order alcohols. I still have that 3 gallons of mead aging, was 8 months when I first posted a year and a half ago about it... Should be ready to bottle soon.

I've made several batches of beer and really love it. I have 5 gallons to bottle this weekend and the wife just picked me up enough ingredients for another 15 gallons.

Doing my first wine now. 10 gallons of Chokecherry/Concord grape wine. Its good but really dry. I'm going to try and sweeten it a little in a month. I had 2 1/2 gallons of apple wine but it didnt turn out.

I have rhubarb and some peaches in the freezer and I think I'm going to ferment them up shortly and see how they turn out.

I have 15 gallons going right now in 4 different batches. Bottling 3 batches on Sunday and racking the 4th for another week/10 days.
    It's been a couple years since we brewed. We did our first ever all grain this last Sunday. We'll see how it comes out.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

Theodore Roosevelt

I can't wait till my vacation, I'm hoping I can make up some beer. Been a long time since I've made any.. Years in fact.. This time around though, I'm going to keg it not bottle it. Got the kegs, just need the tap and gas unit.

Rattletrap
    I'm set to go with the tap and gas and the kegerator is empty right now.
    Bring it on out and we'll give it a try.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123