Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
WidenersSnyders JerkyLoad DataInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Repackbox
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mihec .401-160

Mihec .401-160

I missed out on the last run and was wondering if anyone else is intereested in a new run of Miha's 160gr 40 cal hollow point?

Boolit Master
    4 cavity?
    See Some of My Holster Work Here:
    www.whitetigerleatherworks.com

Boolit Master

Last time he ran this I was interested in a 4 cav but all he ran was 2 so I skipped it. Check to see if he has any 2 cav's left on his website. Last time I checked he did.

He doesn't have any on the website. I even contacted him to make sure in case he had some but just not listed.

The last run was a 2 cavity and that's what I would rather have. The 4 cavity brass moulds are heavy and cause my hand to tire very easily. That said if we had a bunch of people wanting a 4 cavity I'd still be in on it.

I would definitely be in for a 4-cav PB HP brass mould.
    Shoot from a rest at 25/50/100 yards, then post your groupings. That is the only way to compare accuracy results.

Boolit Buddy
    I am definitely in the market for a lightweight 10mm hollow point, but I would really like to have a design with a slight step from the bearing lands to the nose, a la Mihec's 9mm-125HP. The nose would have to be shorter to achieve the light weight, of course. I like having a sharp demarcation between what surface is sized and what is not, and when the nose blends smoothly into the bearing surface you do not get that.

Of course, this would mean a new mould design and not a re-run, but it's what I would like to have.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --BattleRife

I'm about ready to order one from hollowpointmold.com, even if I can't get penta pins with it. I got the feeling the 40 didn't sell too well for Miha and it might be a while before we see this one ran again.

Boolit Buddy
    Thank you O Lord for this. I've been searching this site for a couple months trying to see if this had been done. I would be solidly in for a 4cav MP cramer mold. I think that Battle Rifle is right on track with design. I too like the sharp demarcation line.
    I'm in, I'm in, I'm in...

Please please please let this one grow legs and run.
    Compromise is giving up something you are unwilling to fight for! ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ www.concealedcarryofarkansas.com

HONCHO EMERITUS

I'd be in for a 2 cavity or 4 cavity in Mihec's original design with Cramer style H/P pins; whichever is run.
    -Matt
    Group Buys Honcho'd: C326-175-FN, 434-210-RF, C434-210-RF, 30-165-SIL-MOD, 358156-PB, 413-170-Keith, C348-225-FN, 8mm SIL, 45-230-CM, 45-270-Ohaus/SWC, Edd's 28-170-FN

Now if we can only get a dozen more people interested maybe we can get Miha to make another batch. Last time I think he ran 150gr and 160 gr, anybody interested in the lighter one?

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by 0verkill View Post
    Now if we can only get a dozen more people interested maybe we can get Miha to make another batch. Last time I think he ran 150gr and 160 gr, anybody interested in the lighter one?
    That cherry was set up to make different weights just by changeing depth. As an aside, we could set up something here that could be very unusual. We could have a stepped nose like the 9mm HP with the option for a normal HP cramer of different weights or a hollowbase mold for the 38-40 with the same cherry........ I have partially finished drawings, but i'm still working on it. Interested?????????

HONCHO EMERITUS

I would be interested in either a re-run of the original design or a newer stepped nose design. What would be great for my S&W M&P Compact is if the short pin hollow point (like in post #6) cast at 165 grains Out of 50% wheelweight and 50% pure lead.

Just thinking out loud here. What does everybody else want?
    -Matt
    Group Buys Honcho'd: C326-175-FN, 434-210-RF, C434-210-RF, 30-165-SIL-MOD, 358156-PB, 413-170-Keith, C348-225-FN, 8mm SIL, 45-230-CM, 45-270-Ohaus/SWC, Edd's 28-170-FN

Quote Originally Posted by 45 2.1 View Post
    That cherry was set up to make different weights just by changeing depth. As an aside, we could set up something here that could be very unusual. We could have a stepped nose like the 9mm HP with the option for a normal HP cramer of different weights or a hollowbase mold for the 38-40 with the same cherry........ I have partially finished drawings, but i'm still working on it. Interested?????????
    Do you mean different weights in the same mould, or different weights with the same cherry?

Either way I'd like a 180 if that's an option.

Boolit Master
    Yup if this could be a 180 PB I'd buy 2!

Oh, 45 2.1 - are you saying the cherry you're designing can cut a hollow point or a hollow base. You'll have to help me wrap my little mind around that one.

Banned

id be in for a 4cav if it went 150 hollow pointed

I'd be game for a 180 gr hollow point version.

Always carry, never tell.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch4122 View Post
    ...a newer stepped nose design... if the short pin hollow point (like in post #6) cast at 165 grains Out of 50% wheelweight and 50% pure lead.

Just thinking out loud here. What does everybody else want?
    That's pretty much exactly what I want.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --BattleRife

Boolit Master
    You guys interested in the 180 version... I'm seriously contemplating placing the minimum order quantity myself and then just listing them for sale. I've sent a pm to Wiljen asking about doing it this way since I want to respect site policies.

My design would be very close to the pic posted by battlerife. I want two 4-cavity brass molds that will do 200gr solids or 180gr hp (reversible hp pins). I've got a design in mind and I want it bad enough to just make it happen on my own & then sell off the extras. If you're interested in that shoot me a pm so I can judge interest.
    Last edited by Oreo; 05-04-2012 at 01:25 AM.

Boolit Master
    PM sent

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast