RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Repackbox Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mihec .401-160

I think this one is dead !
    sent via hammer and chisel

need oversized powder funnels , PTX's or expanders ? just ask, I make 'em for most brands plus my own styles.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozarklongshot View Post
    Well... just arrrrggghhh
    I was really hoping that something like Battle Rifles post #31 would quickly develop steam.
    Yes, I was hopeful that the sketch of the bullet with the generous hollowpoint would bring out some interest. I guess the NOE run of their 160/180 bullet has absorbed all the interest for now. Maybe once that buy is run and finished there will be some fresh enthusiasm.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --BattleRife

Boolit Buddy
    Let's remind people that this idea is still out there:
    --BattleRife

Boolit Buddy
    Please lord let this happen
    Compromise is giving up something you are unwilling to fight for! ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ www.concealedcarryofarkansas.com

I have the original version of this mould. I own 5 different .40 cal moulds, and this one is BY FAR the most accurate. If it is reran, it is a a fantastic addition to your collection. It is proven and WORKS.

Boolit Master
    I'd be interested in 160-170gr solid 4 cavity.

Boolit Master

jameslovesjammie, it appears everyone wants something just a little bit different from the original. I'd love to have the original in the light weight as a 4 cavity. But I seem to be alone, or close to it.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm in on the heavier mold only because I now have 3 40's and no mold and am relegated to buying commercial cast. Ackkkkkk I would much prefer a lighter round. I like the demarcation line in battle rifles drawing but I'd pretty much take any mihec that was under 170 as an hp or 180 solid. Something in the 160 area would be sweet. I'll probably drive 3 hours to springfield Missouri this weekend just to round up some cast fodder to load. I'm going crazy with this one. I'm really trying to avoid buying an "off the shelf" mold as I know it would be a temporary fix...

I'm in in in on this if we can get lined up.
    I'll just sit here and be patient...
    Compromise is giving up something you are unwilling to fight for! ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ www.concealedcarryofarkansas.com

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozarklongshot View Post
    I'm in on the heavier mold only because I now have 3 40's and no mold and am relegated to buying commercial cast. Ackkkkkk I would much prefer a lighter round.
    In this situation, what is wrong with the 160 RN group buy being run by NOE now? Those moulds will be shipping out in a week or two, and inevitably some extras will be listed on the website. I figure that group buy is the chief reason this one hasn't picked up much steam.
    Last edited by BattleRife; 08-03-2012 at 09:36 AM.
    --BattleRife

Boolit Buddy
    would a NOE be brass or AL ?

Boolit Buddy
    NOE works with both brass & aluminum, but the .40-160RN group buy appears to be aluminum only. I can understand if you have a preference for brass, but surely a 4-cavity aluminum NOE mould for $100 is a much better interim plan than driving 3 hours to pick up commercial cast bullets every time you want some ammo?
    --BattleRife

Don't discount the NOE aluminum molds. There is a world of difference between them and the Lee molds that has so many people against aluminum. Even the material used is much different, a much higher quality/grade. They cast as beautifully and as consistently as the brass molds, are a little lighter, and less expensive. I have 3 rifle caliber molds from NOE now and am signed up for 2 more plus a couple handgun molds.

I really like the HP setup on the Mihec molds. NOE's design is a lttle different and I am looking forward to trying it out.

Bottom line, for me anyway, is you can't go wrong with either one. Both mold types are absolute top notch and very reasonably priced for what you get.
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both
    Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
    but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by BattleRife View Post
    In this situation, what is wrong with the 160 RN group buy being run by NOE now? Those moulds will be shipping out in a week or two, and inevitably some extras will be listed on the website. I figure that group buy is the chief reason this one hasn't picked up much steam.
    Well lets see, different design, different HP, no option for pentagonal HP's, aluminum instead of brass in the 4 cavity HP...

Other than that mold being completely different in EVERY way from this one, they are exactly the same, I guess...

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    jameslovesjammie, it appears everyone wants something just a little bit different from the original. I'd love to have the original in the light weight as a 4 cavity. But I seem to be alone, or close to it.
    When MiHec did the first run, I gave him the lengths at 5 gr. intervals from 140 to 160 gr. You start getting a long base band above that. If you can get a consensess of what weight in HP you want I would run it if no one wants to. Multipls weights would involve a bunch of different pins, something I don't think he wants to fool with.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks Battle, I'll probably just stick with the MP 180hp for my interim mold till this one settles on something and hopefully I see it in time to get in. A friend felt my pain and brought me a big pile of cast 40 170g stuff to load. Thats a good friend that will travel for hours just to keep me from whining about it all the time.

Boolit Buddy
    It would have to be 4 cavity ,170 gr solid with hp pins to lighten to 155 or 160 gr.

Boolit Master
    Penta pins take longer to get made.

Boolit Master

I got in on the original GB for this bullet. Wonderful. Just as every MiHec mold I have, and I now have:
    .32 ACP
    360160 WFN
    MP 359-640
    MP C358-180RF
    MP 380-93
    MP 402-160
    MP 452-200 H&G 68
    MP 452-200 RN HP
    MP 454-640
    MP 457-130
    MP 9mm-125 HP
    And, more on order!