WidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
RepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Titan Reloading Lee Precision

Thread: Rolling Block disassembly

Rolling Block disassembly

Hi,
    I want to disassemble the actions on my 2 Rolling Blocks to clean and lube them.

Is there anything I need to know before I do so? Like nasty little springs that jump out or pin alignment problems?

Also would love an exploded diagram if anyone has one.

Thanks
    Nardoo

Boolit Master

Boolit Buddy
    Nardoo; My .43 spanish:1 with the hammer down (fired) remove the rear stock screw....(thru the tang)...2 remove the two cross screws above the triggerguard to remove the triggerguard assembly....3 remove the pin retainer plate screw and plate......4 tap out the pins and remove the roller and hammer. With a diagram it will be an easy job. Hope this helps, Nick

Thanks Guys,

The explanation and the exploded diagram were very useful. I have pulled them down, cleaned, lubed and reassembled without mishap.

Now for more shooting to make them dirty again.

Nardoo

Boolit Mold

Wish I had seen earlier!

Damn I wish that I had seen this earlier. That is how I THOUGHT it was supposed to be done.
    But Noooooo.

Do this:
    1. Cock the hammer!
    2. Remove the pivot pins retainer cross piece and screw
    3. Allow the breech block to move freely
    4. Gently tap out the BREECH BLOCK pivot pin (the first of the two large transverse pins).
    5. Wiggle out the breech block. It will come out SO easily you will be amazed.
    6. While holding the hammer, pull the trigger to release and let it go WAY forward, into the area vacated by the breech block. Now all of the tension is off of the main spring.
    7. Remove the hammer pivot pin. It will almost fall out.
    8. Remove the hammer. It WILL fall out. It's that easy.

NOW, remove the tang screw, butt stock, receiver cross bolts, and lower receiver/trigger group.

Re-assembly is the reverse, and it will be so easy it will amaze you. The only even remotely tricky part is that you have to hold a slight pressure on the breech block to keep it centered as you insert the breech block pivot pin. But again, it's very easy.

Best!
    Keith

Super Moderator

...............Hello Keith, and welcome to the board. Love our website. I sent you some information a few years back on a Comblain I have (Brazilian Carbine). I think you were still in school or doing whatever it was you were up to .

...............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Grand Master

These are extremely simple actions, one of the reasons that they were so
    popular for the military around the world, in their day. The small number of
    parts is amazing. Only slightly more complex than a wedge.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.