Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad Data
Titan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SmartReloader SR787 tumbler?

Boolit Master
    Smart Reloader has a trail of tears, I would not go that way.
    I am one of the owners of a green color (Cabellas label) Berrys MFG tumbler now 4 yrs
    running like a race car and its a impressive unit.

My Dillon 650 powder measure is as good as my Lee Pro measure. I have tool heads with both measures mounted: The Lee works just fine, The Dillon is no better

Boolit Master
    I would like to add this: I have 1.5 yrs now using the Lee Pro measure on tool heads : one for a Dillon 650 press for 45acp and one on a Lee Turret press for 9mm. I can see zero need for me to pursue any other measure for this mission. While I do have a tool head with Dillon measure (it came with the press) for another 45acp loading, I gain nothing in performance with the Dillon that the Lee does not duplicate.

The only down side to Lee is that adjustable charge bar is a ***. THe disks work fine. THe Adj charge bar is a waste of money. Powders that don't measure well in the Lee don't measure well in the Dillon measure.

Same powders don't meter well in my Ohaus measure , Pacific/Hornady measure either.

End of story: If a Dillon measure works for you , then a Lee will duplicate that performance from my experience using one of a progressive and a turret press.

ill test and report when i can on this tumbler
    my feedback. ive done a few more but never get feedback.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...hlight=beex215

Boolit Master
    Smart reloader stuff is below bottom of the barrel in quality. I wrote a letter to Midsouth scolding them for selling such pure junk.
    NRA LIFER .. "THE CAST BULLET HANDLOADER IS THE ONLY ONE THAT REALLY MAKES ANY OF HIS AMMUNITION. OTHERS MEARLY ASSEMBLE IT". -E.H. HARRISON

----------------------
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
    Thomas Jefferson
    ------
    "Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem."
    -- Ronald Reagan

Well I have a sr787 when I receive mine the cord was not Connected I connected it and been using it for 10 years now I got mine off eBay can you still get them

Boolit Master

In another thread on this same subject, I mentioned that I bought a Harbor Freight tumbler just to try out. Big, high capacity bowl with a robust motor. Have tumbled several hundred cases in different calibers, and still going strong. Bought the green pyramid tumbling media they sell just to try; needs to be a finer grit (have informed them of same). No problems, so far. I am impressed. The SR787 finally died a couple of years ago (bearing issue).
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodman14 View Post
    In another thread on this same subject, I mentioned that I bought a Harbor Freight tumbler just to try out. Big, high capacity bowl with a robust motor. Have tumbled several hundred cases in different calibers, and still going strong. Bought the green pyramid tumbling media they sell just to try; needs to be a finer grit (have informed them of same). No problems, so far. I am impressed. The SR787 finally died a couple of years ago (bearing issue).
    Try mixing the hard resin pyramids in with corn cob media. The hard resin speeds up the cleaning, but leaves a matte finish. Adding hard media to cob cleans fast but leaves a shinier finish (I use 10%-20% resin to cob). I have used the hard resin for tumbling (rotary) rusty tools, parts, etc. Very agressive and woks great, for what in made for; cleaning, deburring, not shining...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Master

I should have said 'finer granulation', because in it's current size it can work its' way into a .30 caliber case and is a booger to get out!
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

Boolit Grand Master

Hmmm. Youn have a different media than I. The media I mix with my corn cob is this one; https://www.harborfreight.com/520-lb...dia-63672.html Gets stuck in 9mm, 38/357, but too big for 30 cal...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Master

mdi, that is exactly what I have, and it does indeed work into my .303's, .30-30's and x39's all the time. It manages to get the 'angle' just right and in it goes!
    Lead Forever!

John Galt was here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12