Reloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad Data
Wideners Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: inflation is coming

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorggg View Post
    how long can you store primers?
    I've found that you can keep them a long time. I have what's left of 1000 small pistol primers that are 10 years old & they are fine. I've found myself at gun shows buying WW Lge. rifle primers that I know are at least 15 years old and never had a problem. I keep them dry & keep my powder tightly capped with the original gasket in place.

Love Life
    Quote Originally Posted by geargnasher View Post
    True, Obummer wipes his behind with that much money every morning. This mess started with FDR if ya want to start pointing fingers, and he feared for the future with every policy decision he made even though they were the best him and his deeply studious cabinet could come up with at the time. I'll point a finger: Start reducing government, not increasing it. You can't spend your way out of a recession any more than you can spend your way out of bankruptcy. Buy what you can afford as far as primers/powder/guns/tools, segregate the "war" ammo/supplies from the "recreational" ammo/supplies

As long as I have eight rounds of buckshot in the Defender, two full magazines in the .45, and a full bandolier for the .30-30 that's all I'll ever likely be able to expend in an earnest fight, so the rest is for fun anyway. If I get low on hobby supplies and can't get any more I'll start shooting my bow and air rifles more.

I think it's time we all started worrying more about the things we can control in our immediate lives and less about the ruination of our country. Vote, be aware and spread awareness when you can, write your representatives, rally when called upon, but don't get an ulcer over it and don't forget to kiss your wife and kids every chance you get, or pet your dog.

Gear
    +1, Amen, Oorah, etc. Gear has said it best. I always read about people have thousands of rounds loaded up "Just in case", but the reality is if TSHTF you would probably be long dead before you could use it all. Keep a couple boxes of each caliber loaded and then use the rest for fun.

As for buying components, do it now.

Boolit Buddy
    Buy whatever you can afford, prices can and will only go UP.

Dont forget, the money supply has been TRIPPLED since 2008.
    Add that fact to the National Debt, inflation, s****y economy and in all actuality, things shoud cost at least TRIPPLE what they did just 4 short years ago.

Anything priced less, is a bargain just waiting to play catch-up,,,,, or be priced out of existance.
    Last edited by oneokie; 04-15-2012 at 12:09 PM. Reason: language

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by geargnasher View Post
    True, Obummer wipes his behind with that much money every morning. This mess started with FDR if ya want to start pointing fingers, and he feared for the future with every policy decision he made even though they were the best him and his deeply studious cabinet could come up with at the time. I'll point a finger: Start reducing government, not increasing it. You can't spend your way out of a recession any more than you can spend your way out of bankruptcy. Buy what you can afford as far as primers/powder/guns/tools, segregate the "war" ammo/supplies from the "recreational" ammo/supplies

As long as I have eight rounds of buckshot in the Defender, two full magazines in the .45, and a full bandolier for the .30-30 that's all I'll ever likely be able to expend in an earnest fight, so the rest is for fun anyway. If I get low on hobby supplies and can't get any more I'll start shooting my bow and air rifles more.

I think it's time we all started worrying more about the things we can control in our immediate lives and less about the ruination of our country. Vote, be aware and spread awareness when you can, write your representatives, rally when called upon, but don't get an ulcer over it and don't forget to kiss your wife and kids every chance you get, or pet your dog.

Gear
    As was previously mentioned, you said it right. It couldn't have been said any better.