MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad Data
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2RepackboxTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Kimber Did the Job

Boolit Master

New Kimber Did the Job

My neighbor had a rude awaking. 4 people bust open his front door with a crow bar, he was taking a nap. It was 4:20 PM. One of 4 intruders came after him with a crow bar, as a retired police officer he challenged the intruders to stop before dispatching the magazine of his brand new Kimber. He had just got his Kimber after ordering and waiting for it.

He didn’t know if he hit any of them, 3 of the 4 were caught at the hospital. An hour later word was received one of the intruders died in the hospital. 1 intruder still out on the loose, identified in the newspaper.

The 1 intruder later told police they break into homes like this all the time, they didn’t know the one was hit until after they ran to their getaway car and started driving away.

I’m so glad it was not my home where my 2 teen aged boys are home alone while my wife and I are at work at this hour of the day.

I feel for the homeowner, a retired police officer. He went from an adrenaline dump for an hour to hearing not only did he hit but he killed.

Boolit Master

We don't shoot to wound in a situation like that...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ATT00022.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	43084
    You Know You Might Be Facing your DOOM , if all you get is a click, Instead of a BOOM !

If God had wanted us to have Plastic gun stocks he would have planted plastic Trees !

Boolit Buddy
    Sobering

Boolit Bub
    Pretty bold / stupid.

Late afternoon with someone in the house, I wouldnt have expected it.

Glad everything came out the right way.

Boolit Master
    A fitting end. It is a shame that the guy was forced to shoot them but they got what they deserved. I can only hope that I would have the same frame of mind as he did while putting them out of their misery. He did a good job. Ron

Boolit Master
    He told me he practices often but had zero marksmanship skills as they rushed him from 5 feet away. He experienced a post ammo huh-oh after sending 8 rounds downrange. He said he can't go home what with all the bullet holes, evidence markers and a destroyed front door.

Boolit Master
    Was this Kimber a .45 ACP?
    Rule 303

Boolit Master
    His practice with the department allowed him to go into auto pilot and just do what he had to do. do feel bad for him that those ******** made him do that. Give him a slap on the back and tell him we are thinking of him. Ron

Boolit Master
    Solo 9

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Jack Hammer View Post
    Solo 9
    Well you should have said that in the first post and then had everyone log in to say "That's why I carry a .45."
    Rule 303

Boolit Master
    They had it coming. I feel sorry for the retired cop. Now he has to go through the process of clearing his name.

The sons-of-dogs!

Scott

Boolit Master
    Well you should have said that in the first post and then had everyone log in to say "That's why I carry a .45."

Piedmont, I did not share this in my OP because I did not know this fact at that time. And a .45 would not have made any difference.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Jack Hammer View Post

Piedmont, I did not share this in my OP because I did not know this fact at that time. And a .45 would not have made any difference.
    Yeah, I'm just having fun. The way these things go on the internet is if a small caliber doesn't work then you need a bigger caliber. When the larger caliber fails.....well sometimes that just happens. It's a double standard.

I'm glad your neighbor is doing better than the bad guys.
    Rule 303

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by gunfan View Post
    They had it coming. I feel sorry for the retired cop. Now he has to go through the process of clearing his name.

The sons-of-dogs!

Scott
    Clearing his name??? What would that be about.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    Clearing his name??? What would that be about.
    Avoiding civil charges. (These have trashy families that will sue for as much money as they can scam).

If there is "no bill" handed down, he has dodged a criminal indictment. That would be a plus!

Scott
    Last edited by gon2shoot; 04-10-2012 at 05:07 AM. Reason: language

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gunfan View Post

The sons-of-dogs!

Scott
    exactly. let him know a whole lot of folks are pulling for him.

although i conceal everywhere, all the time, i hope to never use it.

i can't imagine what he's going through.
    scrap, smelt, cast, lube, load, shoot. repeat.

Boolit Master
    In a news release, prosecutors said he will not file charges against the homeowner because he acted in self-defense. “This incident again highlights the danger of home-invasion burglaries,” …“When you break into someone’s home, you take the chance you will be shot.”

The local gunshop has a guy who helps people keep their heads together after shooting. He is very important and valuable to us.

Boolit Buddy
    This is why many states have passed laws saying you have every right to protect yourself in your home from any one or any thing using whatever force is required, including deadly.

It is a shame you friend has to go through all this just because they picked his house. But rest assured, he will be cleared.

Boolit Master

Our state just passed a law to protect us from civil liability if it is a justifiable shoot, went into effect this past December.

good going;
    sometimes my wife notes with alacrity that i have a loaded gun near every entrance.
    I wish you guys would at least post your state as a reference.
    keep your powder dry,

Max